Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

Ichiro was cut off by Cosimo as he drew a cutlass so quickly Ichiro couldn't follow the motion, the blade slamming point down into the stone between him and Vila. This sprite, cares for you, and Giselle. Why. he asked, the look in his eye lost, confused, somewhere between cold hatred and absolute fury. Terra set a hand on his shoulder though and he relaxed. He turned his face away with a click of his teeth, sheathing his weapon with a flourish.

He's a bit of a brute. He's lost friends today, let's see you don't lose yours. she said, shoving Cosimo away with a simple movement so Ichiro could get to Vila, scooping her up. She was completely spent, unconscious and exhausted, but alive. It was a troubling sight for Ichiro, to see her like this, without any glow to her, always so bright and happy most of the time. Even in her own pain. I think it best, if you, I, and good Sun Knight Loran all head back away from this cursed place. Leave Cosimo here to his troubles. Yes? she said, Cosimo scooping up Giselle gently as if she weighed nothing, and starting to walk away, her spear resting across his shoulders.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro jerked his hand back and immediately drew his weapon again, ready to fight anyone or anything for Vila's sake if necessary. "I don't know why she cares for me, other than she helped me, and I helped her. I will fight, and I will die for her if I have to. And I don't even know who Giselle is," Ichiro said as Terra pushed Cosimo away, at which Ichiro immediately scooped Vila up after putting his axe away again.

Ichiro hated to see Vila like this, so to let her rest, and recover, he held her in his left hand, bracing it against his torso just under his chest as Terra spoke. Ichiro nodded at her words, then to Loran, and he then followed the priestess out after collecting his lost sword from the now dead horde, and leaving Cosimo to carry Giselle away, whoever she was. Ichiro followed quietly at first, but as soon as they were back in safe territory, or relatively speaking, Ichiro looked over to Terra. "What is going on lady Terra? Who was that woman back there, and... that beast?" Ichiro asked.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Most fools will fight to the bitter end. A man walks over the corpses of his friends, his enemies, and anyone else between him, and those he treasures most. Cosimo said quietly in answer, doing just that as he walked away, his shoulders heavy.

As they left, Loran focusing on a prayer and thus ignoring them, or afraid of Terra, Terra herself sighed at his question. Giselle is the fey woman there. a Siren, she came a long way so she could stay by her lovers side. That beast... is one of several, and you'd do well to stay far away from them. You have your own little beast to tend to. She said, not actually answering any questions. Indeed Vila still looked like a tiny golden okami, and she curled up in his hand and rested as best she could.

Terra walked them back slowly, in no real rush. Paladins and Assassins. Light bringers and Shadow dancers. Never seeing eye to eye but always fighting for the same reasons again and again. Usually against each other. Focus on your own life Champion Ichiro Suzuka, and not on the tattered remnants of another's. Though like today it seems fate may get you involved regardless. she said sadly, leading them back into the city proper, away from the death and decay of the lost districts and towards the temple, heading straight for the front door without a care in the world.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro didn't really know what to say to Cosimo's words, so merely stayed silent before he followed Loran and Terra out of there. As Terra spoke once he'd finally asked his questions, Ichiro glanced back down to Vila and cradled her closer. "Whose tattered remnants do you mean? The beast that Giselle was fighting? Or someone else's?" Ichiro replied as they neared the temple, curious as to who exactly she meant by that, and still very worried about Vila. "And what should we do now lady Terra?" he then asked.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Giselle's more then any others. Indeed, Hers most of all. But that's the thing about life, it will make you fight to earn your place again and again. Just like the tides, just like the waves on the shore, breaking before rising again, and breaking again, Pulling the weak and unworthy out into the waters to see if they can be cleansed of that weakness, and find the strength to return to shore. Terra said, seeming to be reciting something. But when she was asked what they should do now she snorted.

What the Sons and Daughters of Pelor do, and judging from your armor, your friends, and your inclination, you do well under the sun Ichiro. It's of no business of mine. Cosimo has gone to war, I will follow my husband into it and neither the gods in the sky, or man and all his machinations will stop what is coming. What will You do in those tides Ichiro? Save yourself? Fight to save your Friend? Try to save everyone? or leave them All to drown. That's a question only you can answer in the end. Gods meddling caused this mess, it will be Man who cleans it up, and I fear even Gods will bleed by the time it is over. If all you do is stay true to your little friend there, not a soul in this world, or the thousand after it, would ever fault you for that. But me and Mine? and at the end of her statement she swept out her hand, 14 more priestesses, all nude, dressed as she was in hanging charms and chains, tattooed in various patterns and ways, all slid into view. We've already got our marching orders. she said coldly, offering Ichiro one last thoughtful smile, before turning on her heel and walking with her group back into the unclaimed city where the dead walked and the living were not welcome.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro listened as Terra spoke, her words seemingly coming in riddles. "What happened to Giselle then?" Ichiro asked curiously, glancing over at Loran as Terra continued speaking.

"I... have never had anyone to care for me for what feels like many long years now lady Terra, not until Vila, and Loran, and his companions... our companions now I suppose. I would not abandon them either if I can help it, for they gave me food, shelter... a means of living again. While Vila gave me a second chance at life," Ichiro replied when asked what he would do, watching the now group of priestesses moving off towards the abandoned part of the city again.

"Well Loran... what now? I need to get Vila to Praetor to check her out and make sure she's okay," Ichiro asked after the priestesses had left.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Loran sighed as the group left, shaking his head. They're an odd, and dangerous bunch... Something funny with their magic. And their way of speaking. She wont give up her secrets Ichiro, probably because they're not hers to give. Loran said, heading for the temple nearby for Vila.

When they got there again it was the same scene, Praetor preaching it seemed, silently, to no one. It would have been a melancholy scene had the power in the room not been palpable. When Praetor had something to say Ichiro was certain in his heart that everyone would hear it. If all these giants were moving about the city, what would it take to move this stone man. Vila apparently.

Raising his head as he saw them, his eyes darted to her immediately. Ichiro, Agatha wants to talk to you, but it can wait I think. he said, holding out his hands over the podium to take Vila.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, then we won't know I guess what she meant until later maybe. For now, let's get inside and get some rest, and make sure Vila is okay," Ichiro said, moving inside with Vila to find Praetor.

Once inside, he spotted the high priest and took Vila over to him, asking if he could help her even a little bit. "I'll see what Agatha wants as soon as I'm sure Vila will be okay," Ichiro replied, waiting patiently until Vila's pain was eased up some, and she had at least a little bit of her glow back.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I see. Little thing is completely burned out... Doesn't the same thing happen to your people the first time you go feral? Praetor asked curiously as he led Ichiro into his office again. The sun wasn't shining properly outside but there were other sprites there now, a Ton of them, including brittney and several others who all looked at them as they entered. Brittney stayed silent as she rested on the shoulder of what was either the worlds biggest sprite, or a woman who looked alot like one.

Ichiro, meet the Shining Mother. This is her first appearance in this city in over 300 years and she came at Brittney's request to settle the issue between Vila and everyone else once and for all. he said, the woman toying with her floor length hair while the other sprites looked on at them with a mix of fear, confusion, curiosity, and in brittney's case, anger.

Settle the issue, yes, that's one way to put it. Ichiro, only one question for you. she said, as she reached out for Vila, who Praetor handed over without hesitation. She looked down at the sprite and sighed, rubbing her body with a finger.

What did you get yourself into little one... she whispered very softly, full of love. Simply this, did you coerce or force Vila into this. Just a yes or no will do, not that I believe you would, but I must be sure. she said, cupping her hands around Vila which started to glow, the energy being soaked up by the tired sprite hungrily.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Mmm... it can happen, yes. But not always. I guess it depends on our inner strength or something. Nobody has really gone too far into exploring it as far as I know, though I'm sure some out there have somewhere," Ichiro told Praetor, following him into his office, where Ichiro's ears perked up as he saw the sprites, and the woman who was apparently a huge sprite of some sort.

When Praetor introduced her, Ichiro glanced at him before looking back to the Shining Mother, and then he bowed his head politely. Ichiro watched as Praetor handed Vila over to the Shining Mother, an obvious look of worry on his face. "No, I did not, my lady. I was in the arena, preparing for my fiftieth battle, for the torc here, and Vila stumbled upon me, and she decided of her own accord to help me. I did not ask for her help, she freely offered it. I suppose I should tell you everything that's happened since I met her," Ichiro answered, sighing softly before he launched into as detailed an explanation of what had happened from the moment he'd met Vila, to now.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman just reached out and bonked Ichiro on the head when he started to explain everything, shaking her head.

Doesn't matter. What does matter is she made these decisions. And whatever she's bonded to is strong enough to make her desperate enough to bond with 2 souls at once. It's incredibly dangerous... she said, focusing still on Vila before the energy around Vila started to go berserk, crackling viciously and arcing around the room, causing burns to etch themselves into the floor and walls. A grunt and some strain from the shining mother trapped the arcing golden energy in a small barrier where it calmed down again.

Whatever it was... It doesn't like being looked at... Brittney, this IS Vila, so you can relax on that count, your lover hasn't been kidnapped, just... changed. she muttered, Brittney looking at her feet before asking the impossible. Can't you just take whatever it was Out of her? Give Vila back? she squeaked, the shining mother shaking her head.

You know I can't, and I wouldn't. Praetor, I suppose I have to turn her over into Ichiro's care until this resolves, she's bound up so firmly in him, and this other spirit that to seperate them would kill all 3. Not maybe, or possibly. They would all die, suffering from the wound that Vila tried to heal. As it stands, that wound is shared between them all while it heals. she said sadly, gesturing at Ichiro where he felt the pain Roar to life in his chest like a pillar had been driven through his flesh.

While that pain raged, he could feel the other souls there, he could feel Vila fighting desperately to keep the three of them together and alive, see tiny fragments of her life, memories of Brittney and the others flying over the harbor, toying with lanterns and pirates for fun, dancing with the children in the city squares on certain holidays. And other memories, more combat, more fighting, looking down at the twisting dying body of a Wyvern with an intense sense of pride, dashing through a jungle at night hunting a panther... watching his mother and father murdered by a floating monster as a child... But it all ended and the pain faded away again. She chose you Ichiro, maybe spur of the moment, maybe for your tenacity, maybe even... just because you comfort her, but she chose you to help her weather all of this. I know you will. she said, standing and shooing the sprites out, driving them away back to their own responsibilities about the city as she made her way out herself.

Praetor seemed a bit at a loss. Well... I mean... that's all annoyingly cryptic...

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

When bonked on the head by the Shining Mother, Ichiro winced a bit, as he was still wounded a good bit himself. He listened to her talk after that without interrupting her, looking sadly over at Brittney when she asked if the souls could be removed from Vila. He felt bad that this had all happened like it had, but he knew that he would have died had Vila not helped him. He wanted to comfort Brittney too if he could, but he didn't really know what he could say to do so.

All of those thoughts were suddenly overshadowed by the sudden, powerful, pain in his chest. His chest suddenly hurt so badly, that he fell to his knees as he clutched at it through his armor, grunting as his claws dug into the metal on his chestplate and left claw marks on it. When she finally spoke again, Ichiro glanced up, panting as the pain began dying down a bit finally, the memories that rushed into his mind not making much sense to him really. He did recognize Brittney in some, and in others that had to belong to the other person whose soul was bound to Vila, he saw strange things that reminded him of his homeland somewhat.

"W-Wait, Shining Mother. Can you tell me, who the other soul belongs to? A-And Brittney, I... I'm sorry. I don't know what else I can really say other than that. I would not mind if you came to visit Vila though, and I know that it would cheer her up a lot to know that you don't hate her. I would give anything to see Vila smile, and for her to be happy. She gave me my second chance at life, so if I can help her in any way, no matter how small it may seem, then I will," Ichiro said to the two, hoping that his sincerity in his words would get through to Brittney.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vila was placed gently back into his hands, still asleep, but doing better. She had her glimmer back. The uberfairy shook her head. That's the shame of all this. She didn't even bond to a full soul. It's like she found a wayward piece. I've never even heard of such a thing let alone seen it. It's almost like whatever injury they suffered broke them. Really broke them, and everything fell apart trying to keep it all together. What I can say is while the soul isn't whole, the injury certainly is. If only we all could simply shed pieces of ourselves to divest mortal wounds. she said, Brittney flitting down to stroke Vila's hair before flying off, not saying whether she'd come to visit or not. Probably not ready yet.

They were left alone with Praetor who rubbed his head. Loran had wandered off and Praetor seemed to relax now that the HORDE of shining fey were out of his office.

You... are a headache, Ichiro... a pleasant one, but ugh. Go rest, get out of your armor and sleep. You're banged up but you'll live. I need to go meet with the captain of the city guard about this whole pirate situation. There's talk of rebellion in the streets, and the bodycount is rising. Someone is targeting the guards almost exclusively, thinning the numbers, and before She showed up, there was a missive about an entire mercenary troupe brought down to the last man by some kind of monster out in the districts. This city is usually chaotic but now it's getting to be moreso then usual. The run of the mill people are scared and a Riot here where the entire country could be swept up in it would be a complete fucking disaster. he said, gesturing at a pile of paperwork on his desk, open letters, courier tubes, and... doodles. Seemed some of the sprites had found a pen and drawn little faces on half the messages.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I see... I didn't know. I promise you that I will protect her with my life, no matter what," Ichiro told the Shining Mother, holding Vila up for Brittney to come over and stroke her hair, with him showing her a kind smile.

After the sprites had all left, Ichiro glanced over at Praetor and nodded after he'd spoken, and then he went to see what Agatha wanted, hoping she was in the armory so he could take his armor off at the same time. "I apologize for any trouble I've caused Praetor. It was not my intention," Ichiro told Praetor before he left the room.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Praetor waved a hand dismissively I know that Ichiro. I don't blame you either. But I've got to find my own armor in all this mess it seems. Go on, Agatha is waiting. he said, flailing his way through all the doodled on paperwork.

Heading to see Agatha, he wouldn't find her in her room, the training yard, or anywhere else. Instead, she'd be waiting in his own room with a light meal, perking up when she saw him enter. So loran wasn't kidding, you guys took a Beating out there huh. she teased, seeing Vila and setting up a little spot for her on the pillow.

But you're all alive right? That's what matters. Cmon, let's get you out of that tin can and then you can eat something. she continued, moving to remove his armor. She was only wearing her simple training clothes, her breaches and tunic again and her hair was unbound, like she'd been relaxing all day.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Ichiro nodded and smiled to Praetor before heading on, sighing softly as he held Vila close to let her rest. After looking for Agatha just about everywhere, Ichiro finally found her in his own room and he smiled when he saw her. "Aye, there were about fifty ghouls I believe Loran called them. Took everything we had, but we managed to prevail," Ichiro said softly, gently laying Vila down on the pillow to rest some more, and thanking Agatha for helping with his armor.

"First I wouldn't mind washing up a bit, but... I think I'd rather eat now that food is in abundance for me... mostly," Ichiro then said, sighing softly as the last piece of his armor came off and he stretched. "I'm glad I chose the platemail after all," he commented as it came off, smiling over at Agatha again.

"Thank you Agatha, I appreciate it. So... what have you been doing while we've been gone? Resting I hope," Ichiro said as he began eating, devouring his meal mostly, but leaving a little bit aside for Vila in case she woke up before Agatha left.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aye, resting, relaxing, being worried about you two, and I see the lost districts haven't changed much then. But 50's a lot, which one of you fell down the stairs and got everythings attention? she teased, Vila fidgeting in her sleep.

What happened to her, she looks kind of like you... Agatha said, touching one of Vila's tiny fluffy ears which twitched, only to have Vila roll over and grab her finger, snuggling it, Agatha smiling softly.

The food itself was delicious, and some was set aside for Vila, mostly some sandwiches and boiled eggs. Simple but satisfying food that left Ichiro feeling better. While he was a sweaty mess under all that armor, he cooled off quickly with it removed and Agatha started to peel off his shirt, looking at the various bruises as well as the claw mark on his face.

Not too banged up. Lucky, and smart not to wear a helmet. Those brain collecting buckets limit your vision, make it dangerous to fight a large group like that.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Mmm... I wouldn't say any of us fell down the stairs and got their attention. By the time that Giselle woman had begun to fight whatever that shadow beast was and we'd gotten outside, they were already charging at us. And, I'm not entirely sure. When we had slain the last of the ghouls, Giselle was knocked unconscious by that... thing, and Vila jumped up there and protected her, flew into some sort of a rage, and then collapsed afterwards when Cosimo and Terra both came up," Ichiro replied, unsure as to what all had actually happened with Vila, but now worrying about it anymore, as she seemed to be on the up slope to recovery.

Ichiro didn't really care what the food consisted of, as long as it was food. He devoured it as Agatha pulled his shirt up and off, revealing the numerous scars of his battles in the arena, and a few from before even that, as well as the fresh cuts and bruises on his body. "Aye, and helms limit my hearing as well, and if one good solid blow rings the metal, then it deafens me for a minute or two and throws my head all out of whack. Bad thing about being an okami, is more sensitive to loud noises, and strong smells," Ichiro said, nodding in agreement that he hadn't taken a helm this time around. "I hope she'll be okay. The sprite leader, the Shining Mother, spoke to me a bit and cleared a few things up, but there's still so many questions left unanswered," Ichiro went on to say, looking down at Vila and brushing her hair out of her face with his pinky finger while eating a sandwich.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Agatha traced a few of the scars but spent more time poking all the bruises. Not a fucking clue what all you're talking about but it sounds like a fucking mess. And there are more mysteries in life then answers. Spend your whole life searching for them and it will be wasted. But it's odd that she can do that, with herself I mean. I've seen lycanthropes before, but I've never seen a feral okami. Honestly I'd rather fight the lycanthrope. At least they're not wearing armor or swinging a weapon. she said, Vila waking up groggily. Guh, what happened. And why are you both so loud... she complained, covering her little pointy ears, before rubbing them for a second curiously, and then, Freaking the Fuck out.

EHHHHHHHHH!? ITCHY! she screamed, clinging to the front of his shirt, looking at him with a completely straight face. I've become... A WERE-FAIRY! she cried, seeming overcome with grief.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Heh, a feral okami from the tales I remember, can be the most devastating thing on the battlefield, short of a god or arch demon, or the like. Though those are just tales of course, and I've never seen one myself. Because it takes a lot for us to go feral," Ichiro said, chuckling at Agatha's words about how she'd rather fight a lycanthrope than a feral okami.

No sooner did he finish talking, than Vila woke up, and he felt incredible relief wash over him even as she began to freak out. "No little one, you're not a were-fairy. At least the Shining Mother didn't say you were anyway when she helped you earlier. How are you feeling?" Ichiro told her soothingly, unable to help but chuckle at her, and gently patting her on the head and wrapping a hand around her in a little hug.