What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Version: Abyss 0.72 (Updated Aug 9th, 201

Ah so it's an auto-thing if you're nice to Dillion. Also I wasn't talking about spells and such leveling up, I was referring to the First Aid, Alchemy and stuff like that. Those should level via practice not spells and whatever physical skills characters may learn in the future(Still on day 8 in the tower because I waited for your reply as to not miss out on Dillion getting his "reward" so beyond what's that area and Sienna being lvl 26 I don't know).

The thing with the memory cursor maybe is just an engine limitation. I am aware it remembers items and spells you use but not the actual commands(Attack, Defend etc.). I found this uncomfortable mostly because I played a lot of MGQ Paradox lately(so much that I actually got bored). That game is made on a different version of RPG Maker.

Also please don't take this the wrong way but I suggest you remove the images in the Traits section. I'm not an artist, I don't draw and I don't know that much about art but those images of Sienna look horrible, they look like stuff some elementary school girl would draw when she's bored during math class. Don't hold it against me it's just how I see them, maybe there's people out there who see them as cute and charming. I find them disturbing, especially the feet, they clash with the conception of what a fairy is supposed to look like.

One final suggestion that I have gameplay-wise, you really should give Dillion an AOE skill, fighting 5 slimes that can blind you and make you miss, dragging out the battle is not fun in my opinion. Also being the grammar nazi that I am I noticed that every time a status effect wear off the message says something along the lines of "<Party member name> is cured <status effect>" you really should revise that a bit, it looks silly and not grammatically correct.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Version: Abyss 0.72 (Updated Aug 9th, 201

- I was referring to the First Aid, Alchemy and stuff like that.
Oh! Those were like that in previous versions. I guess you could say I had trouble balancing it, because some were giving too many resources (alchemy with the water and cloth) while other skills hardly leveled any.

Ultimately the water/cloth system changed a lot anyway, and almost has nothing to do with skill levels anymore. Still, I kinda like how you have to choose between making Sienna stronger, leveling skills, and making other characters stronger.

- I suggest you remove the images in the Traits section. -
I'll make a note to have alternate versions when the final version is released. When I can afford it I might even hire a different artist to redraw them all. I agree with you about the feet, and generally the Sienna traits tend to be a bit bulky/wide, but I believe the trait images work very well as concepts.

To his credit Mavis actually draws feet, whereas most artists tend to shy away from drawing them at all. I'm hoping that his skill at drawing feet will improve with time, as currently it's a bit of a hit-or-miss. He also drew the Sienna you see in the paper doll / clothing section of the menu, which I'm 100% happy with. Hopefully others feel the same way.

Worst case scenario, I can always go back and have him draw them all with clothes on. :)

One final suggestion that I have gameplay-wise, you really should give Dillion an AOE skill, fighting 5 slimes that can blind you and make you miss, dragging out the battle is not fun in my opinion. Also being the grammar nazi that I am I noticed that every time a status effect wear off the message says something along the lines of "<Party member name> is cured <status effect>" you really should revise that a bit, it looks silly and not grammatically correct.
If the slimes are giving you too much trouble then you could always wait until Dillon is gone and you get the collar off. Kendra will then even help you if you've seen her at the gambler's den a few times. :)
She won't help in The Tower itself though. She doesn't want to be seen there.

There's some rather wonky terms embedded within the game engine that I have no way of changing, or at least I don't know how. Sorry about that. It gets on my nerves when I see them too. :(

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh! Those were like that in previous versions. I guess you could say I had trouble balancing it, because some were giving too many resources (alchemy with the water and cloth) while other skills hardly leveled any.

Ultimately the water/cloth system changed a lot anyway, and almost has nothing to do with skill levels anymore. Still, I kinda like how you have to choose between making Sienna stronger, leveling skills, and making other characters stronger.

I'll make a note to have alternate versions when the final version is released. When I can afford it I might even hire a different artist to redraw them all. I agree with you about the feet, and generally the Sienna traits tend to be a bit bulky/wide, but I believe the trait images work very well as concepts.

To his credit Mavis actually draws feet, whereas most artists tend to shy away from drawing them at all. I'm hoping that his skill at drawing feet will improve with time, as currently it's a bit of a hit-or-miss. He also drew the Sienna you see in the paper doll / clothing section of the menu, which I'm 100% happy with. Hopefully others feel the same way.

Worst case scenario, I can always go back and have him draw them all with clothes on. :)

If the slimes are giving you too much trouble then you could always wait until Dillon is gone and you get the collar off. Kendra will then even help you if you've seen her at the gambler's den a few times. :)
She won't help in The Tower itself though. She doesn't want to be seen there.

There's some rather wonky terms embedded within the game engine that I have no way of changing, or at least I don't know how. Sorry about that. It gets on my nerves when I see them too. :(
The slimes are already history it's just annoying not really an impediment especially since they do no damage unless they use Mud.

I have come across Kendra twice I think and she promised she's help Sienna.

As for your artist, well his stuff is good, I've seen your Patreon banner. All the faries are beautifully drawn especially the blue-haired one. I'm not honestly fond of that kind of realistic style he draws but I have to give credit where credit is due. He is good at it.

I honestly think that what you call worst-case scenario would be the best solution. You should leave some things up to each and every player's imagination.

As for the ingame messages that don't look right the only solution I can think of is a program similar to the one Dargoth uses. It basically disassembles the game and pulls out every bit of text there is and splits it up into map and common event files that you can edit. I tried it on your game but I'm guessing because yours uses the old RPG Maker engine it doesn't work. Which is quite a shame because the files are so easy to edit and after you're done the program puts the game back together with the changes you made to the text. I'm pretty sure if you get in contact with someone who translated games that run on this engine they will be able to help you patch up what doesn't look right if you can't fix it directly via whatever programming it is that you do(I know nothing about programming or making games).

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As for your artist, well his stuff is good, I've seen your Patreon banner. All the faries are beautifully drawn especially the blue-haired one. I'm not honestly fond of that kind of realistic style he draws but I have to give credit where credit is due. He is good at it.
It's also rather affordable, and he is usually very lenient with me and draws more of my commissions than he would for others. I think he appreciates that I'm not into the watersports and futas. lol

I know I always envisioned FSA as anime styled, but I've gotten lesser quality art from others in the past for over 5x the cost. Ouch! To get anime styled quality art I would probably have to pay $100 per piece. If I can get Mavis to draw something for $10 then I don't see why I should pay $50 or even $100 for anime style which may not turn out right anyway. At least with Mavis I can always go back and have him redraw stuff and, even if I have to pay for it as a new commission, it's only $10.

As for the ingame messages that don't look right -
Well I'm not too concerned with it currently. As long as the game runs properly then I'm happy with it. It's still in alpha and very incomplete after all. Once it's finished then I might really start looking into perfecting some of the improper text the game uses.

I still have a LOT of work to do on the final 2 chapters, but in the meantime I will probably want to work on fixing all the current issues. I've got a long list of things that need fixing. xP

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well I finally got out of the tower and so far aside from the battle text about curing statuses I recall a single typo but I can't remember what it was, I just remember there was just an "L" at the end of the word that shouldn't be there, probably your finger slipped :p

Also I am so grateful you included a brute's route for the tower I remember cursing those security bots last time I escaped from the tower. I never was all that good at stealth(The Stealth Camo is my favorite item in Metal Gear Solid 5).

Well I'm going back to the game and see what there is to do in the Dungeon now and try to get the little fairies to a decent level. I didn't even dare to take them with me in the dungeon the first time I went through the first floor but I can see now that the enemy formations are more abundant and Sienna can't kill some of them in one hit even with her Transmute spell.

By the way I hope your elbow got better :p

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I finally got out of the tower and so far aside from the battle text about curing statuses I recall a single typo but I can't remember what it was, I just remember there was just an "L" at the end of the word that shouldn't be there, probably your finger slipped :p
I usually go through events several times and try to fix all the typos, but I'm sure I've missed a few. xD

Also I am so grateful you included a brute's route for the tower
There's also a third option of paying the blacksmith.

Well I'm going back to the game and see what there is to do in the Dungeon now and try to get the little fairies to a decent level. I didn't even dare to take them with me in the dungeon the first time I went through the first floor but I can see now that the enemy formations are more abundant and Sienna can't kill some of them in one hit even with her Transmute spell.
It will help a lot to take your favorites at first and build them up a lot, upgrade only their outfits, etc.. Then you can more easily get the resources needed to upgrade the others' outfits. The wardrobe/outfit upgrades for the girls helps a lot. :) Teaching classes & quests will help everyone out too.

By the way I hope your elbow got better :p
Thanks! It's not bothering me as much now, but I should really do my arm/hand exercises more often. :rolleyes:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Not sure if this is a known issue or not but there's a bug with the naked guy you can have sex with in Kendra's place. After he's done with you a message to report something that you probably wrote on purpose to find and eliminate bugs pops up and then Sienna's sprite doesn't go back to normal making it look like she's the girl from The Exorcist walking on all fours backwards on her back. It does seem to go away after a while maybe if a different event takes place I guess? Like teaching class. Also is it normal to get beat up and raped in the middle of the night? Happened right after I was done with Inferno I think was his name. I used Safety and after Sienna went to sleep BAM! it happened without warning. Also the fairy lantern doesn't work in the area where you were taken.

Also, how do you open rusted panels. I thought hitting them with the hammer might do the trick but seems like it doesn't. I assume there's an item later on you get to get rid of the rust or are they shut due to the fact that what's beyond them is not implemented yet?
"The fan of blades looks like it's ready to collapse" what am I supposed to do here? Do I need to find items to fix it or to destroy it?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

bug with the naked guy
Yeah I put that note in the old common event because I used it a lot and it's hard to find them all. Thanks for finding that one. I'll try and have it fixed in the next version. :)

Any time Sienna's avatar is messed up you could teach class, wash, and probably even just use the dresser to change clothes to fix the issue.

Also is it normal to get beat up and raped in the middle of the night?
That's intended. I do need to fix the lighting there though, and a few other things. I'll make a note of the lighting. There are a couple other night time events as well, but one of them won't happen until after a certain number of classes. I hope to have more night events (not rapey of course) in the future. :)

Also, how do you open rusted panels. I thought hitting them with the hammer might do the trick but seems like it doesn't.
The hammer is mostly for breaking stone pots and enemies that have been turned into experium crystal formations. You'll need acid for the locked gates. The green ones can be opened the same way, but the acid will have to be stronger first (which will happen after you do Kendra's long quest).
"The fan of blades looks like it's ready to collapse" what am I supposed to do here? Do I need to find items to fix it or to destroy it?
There's nothing to do with them, and even if they were gone she would say the same thing about it being too deep. The Black Spider likes to use a variety of dark passages to go to and fro.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have to say I really like the classes. Aside from the bonus exp and stats, which are greatly appreciated, they are rather entertaining to watch.

I didn't think I would have a favorite among the fairies but it seems like Nadia managed to impress me since she's basically a self-sustainable mage. Also so far she seems to be the only one that learns not 1 but 2 AOE attack spells, too bad they have an element attached to them and will heal certain monsters instead of dealing damage. You really should consider having Sienna learn and osmose-type of spell given the fact that, I'm guessing, she will learn more varied spells. The book stands are obvious giveaways that she will learn at least one spell of each element.

I'll have to ask you to spoil me as to where the old man is because I went through 4 floors of the dungeon and I think 5 of the crypt and haven't found him yet.

As I went through more of the game there were some things that really seem to be missing from the game.
First of all you really should name the areas, like when you enter an area to have a little text in the upper left telling you where you are. It's really easy to get lost as I see darkness is one of your favorite motifs in the game.
Second, MP restoring items. I know there's globes before every boss even if it's just an action puzzle type of fight which I'm thankful that you didn't make them to be cryptic. You really should add something that restores MP even if it's hard to make/find.
And lastly my inner grammar nazi got triggered when I read the descriptions for the Acid Bubble and Acid Wave spells. The description reads "Deals (greater) acid damage to, and lowers defense, of one enemy"
the second comma should be after "of" not after "defense". I know this is nitpicking and I apologize for that it's just one of my quirks. I had people stop taking to me because I constantly corrected them when they didn't use your/you're right.
Also the Sleep spell description should read "Attempts to put all enemies to sleep" or something like that and you really should use that formula on all the status inducing spells as they are not guaranteed to do what it says in the description.
And the last one I found so far is the description of Spirit Curse it reads "Lowers opponent's spellpower" instead of "Lowers opponents' spellpower".
I hope I'm not annoying you with these constant replies in the thread.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have to say I really like the classes. Aside from the bonus exp and stats, which are greatly appreciated, they are rather entertaining to watch.
Thanks. I hope to add more (about 30-something total classes), but it seems like the dialogue is my biggest obstacle. xP

- too bad they have an element attached to them and will heal certain monsters instead of dealing damage.
There's 4 different spell books you can get, which will let anyone learn those elements (and usually unlock other node paths in their skill tree).
It usually just takes 3 upgrade nodes to unlock the most powerful AoE for each element, for each character.

You really should consider having Sienna learn and osmose-type of spell given the fact that, I'm guessing, she will learn more varied spells. The book stands are obvious giveaways that she will learn at least one spell of each element.
The other characters do get some extra spells after a certain class, and I do have a note that Sienna should possibly get 7 extra nodes at this time as well. We'll see. :)

I'll have to ask you to spoil me as to where the old man is because I went through 4 floors of the dungeon and I think 5 of the crypt and haven't found him yet.
You need the acid to find him. I suggest concentrating your search on The Dungeon (within the first 5 levels) for the acid and old Gray as well, and you should do a quest for the girl behind the counter in Kendra's Palace before anything else, if you haven't done so yet.

First of all you really should name the areas, like when you enter an area to have a little text in the upper left telling you where you are. It's really easy to get lost as I see darkness is one of your favorite motifs in the game.
Flare spellstones help a lot. I know it costs 10 wood now, but it's REALLY useful. :D It lights up the whole area, as if you unlocked the lightlock.

Second, MP restoring items. I know there's globes before every boss even if it's just an action puzzle type of fight which I'm thankful that you didn't make them to be cryptic. You really should add something that restores MP even if it's hard to make/find.
I have plans to have the Magic Essence item, after a certain event/quest is done, also refill magic points for whichever character uses it. You can also enchant the Spellstones (there's 3 total, I believe) to refill the whole party, and it even works in battle! I believe the cost is only one magic essence and 1 life essence. The spellstones are reusable, but must be refilled each time.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So what are you supposed to do after completing Kendra's quest? The only leads I have are the noon key and the olive key (the noon key however is not showing up in my inventory at all) and everything seems to be a dead end.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And lastly my inner grammar nazi got triggered when I read the descriptions for the Acid Bubble and Acid Wave spells. The description reads "Deals (greater) acid damage to, and lowers defense, of one enemy"
the second comma should be after "of" not after "defense". I know this is nitpicking and I apologize for that it's just one of my quirks. I had people stop taking to me because I constantly corrected them when they didn't use your/you're right.
Ah. Thanks! Also, feel free to correct me if I ever use "your/you're" improperly. It's more embarrassing for the grammar mistake to remain in there.
IMO the only excuse should be if English is not their primary language. If it IS their primary language, then they should feel bad for not knowing the difference.

Also the Sleep spell description should read "Attempts to put all enemies to sleep" or something like that and you really should use that formula on all the status inducing spells as they are not guaranteed to do what it says in the description. -
Yeah I'll make a note and try to keep that in mind. I really should tweak several spells, as they currently overlap and do the same thing. Meaning that casting different types of intelligence increasing spells won't stack, which is kinda crappy.

I hope I'm not annoying you with these constant replies in the thread.
No problem! It's fun to reply to these, especially while taking a break from working on the game. :)

So what are you supposed to do after completing Kendra's quest? The only leads I have are the noon key and the olive key (the noon key however is not showing up in my inventory at all) and everything seems to be a dead end.
The item you get from the chest that Jennifer gives you is the key. Remember anyone in particular that wanted fairy parts?

Take Rosevynne's wings to the Lich back in the Crypts, level 10. He'll give you the Eye of Truth, and with that you can see secret objects, entrances, and more. In particular, you should visit the upper left of Kendra's Palace, especially if you've killed the slime in Avalost level 1, as this shrome will upgrade your acid, and with that you can go almost anywhere!

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I figured I would post later today since I'm on +2 GMT timezone you wouldn't be awake during my daytime. It also gave me more time to comb the game more. For the record I got my file clocked at 27h and 7 min at the moment of writing this post. So here's a couple of things I've found that might or might not interest you.

I found another one of those events that you made the text for. It happens if you get drunk and have sex with the bartender. And while I'm at this you should add an intoxication indicator or if there is one tell me where I can check it. Also you really should rename either spirit or tranquility and go with just one of them.

I don't see the point of the journal. You should fit everything in the information screen.

Skeletons in the crypt and I think all the enemies there have their "negotiation menu" pops up after you kill them. Also one of those harmless creatures that lurk in the puddles in the crypt escaped its puddle and is swimming in the floor but I honestly couldn't tell you where. I saw this yesterday, I think, and forgot to note down the floor I was on but I didn't get any further than the boss where you have to re-create the ending of Hansel and Gretel to defeat him.

Clarinda's outfit is not visible in battle even though I did upgrade it to lvl 4. It doesn't really bother me but maybe you didn't want it to turn out this way as I see Nadia's outfit is shown in battle. Not sure about everyone else since the sprites are really small.

The morning message you get every time you wake up only appears after you get access to the Tower again. Sometimes it doesn't show at all. Again this doesn't bother me but maybe it's not what you intended.

The mining prompt doesn't always appear. Again not sure if you intended it to be a one time thing or if it should appear every time you try to break a rock.

The music stops dead after the first fight with Chameleon until you leave the floor.

Blindness doesn't seem to work on the enemies I tried it a few times and the enemies never missed me. In fact in these 27h of gameplay no monster EVER no matter what area I was in missed me. Enemies never miss even under the influence of Blind. Also what do Burning and Resting do? I was expecting Burning to act like poison, which I haven't tested if it works yet. As far as I can see they're just extra text that shouldn't be there if they don't point at an additional effect caused by spells.

Lantern upgrades raise capacity by 250 not by 25%. If they were to raise capacity each upgrade would give more and more since the 25% of would raise as the max capacity of the lantern grows.

And that's about all I found so far. Since I needed pen and paper to write down the "floor cleaning and lighting device" codes I took notes of the things I noticed that maybe shouldn't be as they are.

Now I'm stuck in the crypt unless the way forward is through a green door I really don't know where to go anymore in that place. I've seen places with ledges that are too high for Sienna to reach (some fairy Sienna is, can't even fly up a small ledge). I understand that it's maybe part of a shortcut or something, I saw a switch there. So a bit of help would be appreciated else I won't be able to continue.

Again I really hope I don't sound condescending just think of me as your game tester. I do have to say I'm really impressed with the amount of content you have for an alpha version or maybe I don't know what an alpha version is :p
I honestly find it overwhelming. You did a great job so far.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I found another one of those events that you made the text for. It happens if you get drunk and have sex with the bartender. And while I'm at this you should add an intoxication indicator or if there is one tell me where I can check it. Also you really should rename either spirit or tranquility and go with just one of them.
Thanks again. I'll make a note to fix it.
I decided to change it from Spirit to Tranquility, but I'm sure I've missed a few spots where it's still called Spirit.

I don't see the point of the journal. You should fit everything in the information screen.
It's a relic that I keep meaning to dispose of, but for some reason I keep putting it off. :rolleyes:

Skeletons in the crypt and I think all the enemies there have their "negotiation menu" pops up after you kill them.
Another thing I keep putting off fixing. I believe it was namely the 2 skeleton groups. Later on it happens with the Lost Spirit enemies as well.

Also one of those harmless creatures that lurk in the puddles in the crypt escaped its puddle and is swimming in the floor but I honestly couldn't tell you where. I saw this yesterday, I think, and forgot to note down the floor I was on but I didn't get any further than the boss where you have to re-create the ending of Hansel and Gretel to defeat him.
Thanks. I'll see if I can't locate said escapee.
- Can't seem to find it. They're actually supposed to be zombies that you can only see their eyes, with their arms reaching up wanting to grab you. What you said sounds nice and creepy though. :D

Clarinda's outfit is not visible in battle even though I did upgrade it to lvl 4. It doesn't really bother me but maybe you didn't want it to turn out this way as I see Nadia's outfit is shown in battle. Not sure about everyone else since the sprites are really small.
I never made Clarinda an outfit and she will be the last character to get a makeover from Bebecake. No worries, as her sprite should update retroactively in future updates. Same with Vallerie, whom she is currently working on.

The ones that should be working properly, with fancy new sprite art by Bebecake, are Nadie, Adivia, Charlene, and Marissa. Some of their events still need updating, but their battle sprites should be working accordingly. Let me know if that's not the case. :)

The morning message you get every time you wake up only appears after you get access to the Tower again. Sometimes it doesn't show at all. Again this doesn't bother me but maybe it's not what you intended.
Yeah there's something wrong there. I noticed it in my playthrough as well. The hourglass also wasn't working but I managed to fix it before release. I'll go ahead and make a note that I need to work on it.

The mining prompt doesn't always appear. Again not sure if you intended it to be a one time thing or if it should appear every time you try to break a rock.
I decided that the prompt is a bit annoying and tried to remove it for the most part, but I do need to go back through and sanitize many rocks of this relic.

The music stops dead after the first fight with Chameleon until you leave the floor.
Thanks. Easy enough so I went ahead and fixed it in my current build.

Blindness doesn't seem to work on the enemies I tried it a few times and the enemies never missed me. In fact in these 27h of gameplay no monster EVER no matter what area I was in missed me.
Strange. Blindness should reduce their chance of hitting to only 25%. I'll look into it, and also try to give it a higher chance of success. Other status ailments should probably get a similar treatment, as they're not currently very useful. Ultimately I may end up treating blindness differently, reducing the enemy's combat effectiveness as a whole (less damage, less defense, etc..)

Also what do Burning and Resting do?
Burning is just like poison, taking 10% of their current health per turn. It's even more effective if you can both burn AND poison an enemy that has high HP. :D

Lantern upgrades raise capacity by 250 not by 25%. If they were to raise capacity each upgrade would give more and more since the 25% of would raise as the max capacity of the lantern grows.
Well, 25% of the base amount (of 1000). I probably should change that, considering the possible confusion. Originally I tried to use a % system in the menu but it didn't work out very well. Basically another relic. I'll make a note that I should change that. :)

And that's about all I found so far. Since I needed pen and paper to write down the "floor cleaning and lighting device" codes I took notes of the things I noticed that maybe shouldn't be as they are.
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Now I'm stuck in the crypt unless the way forward is through a green door I really don't know where to go anymore in that place. I've seen places with ledges that are too high for Sienna to reach (some fairy Sienna is, can't even fly up a small ledge). I understand that it's maybe part of a shortcut or something, I saw a switch there. So a bit of help would be appreciated else I won't be able to continue.
There's a point where you have to go to The Vinery before you can progress any further in The Crypts, which is when you get to the green rock. If you haven't reached the green rock on Crypts level 7 then let me know which level you're stuck on. It should be fairly simple to get there from the last boss (or "How to Bake Death Knights, by Sienna") you mentioned.

Again I really hope I don't sound condescending just think of me as your game tester. I do have to say I'm really impressed with the amount of content you have for an alpha version or maybe I don't know what an alpha version is :p
I honestly find it overwhelming. You did a great job so far.
Didn't notice any condescension. Thanks again for all the bug finds. :)
And also thanks for the compliments. :D

I consider it still in alpha because the overall story and content isn't complete. There's still 2 whole chapters I need to make, the last of which must take into account Sienna's many possible personality types and tell a different story. The ending will ultimately be the same, but how she gets there (and who she has to step on to do so) will be different.

Plus there's the whole House of Pleasure thing, which needs a LOT of event work and sprite animations. In all honesty I may put that off until after the rest of the game is complete. :p But you never know. The mood may take me to actually work on it beforehand.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I seem to be stuck on the 5th floor of the crypt, I ran around everywhere and I can't find a way forward. So no I didn't get to floor 7 of the crypt yet and I do have Earth magic to dispel enchanted stones. And the stray hands that run on the floor I mentioned are on floor 4 of the crypt, lower right side. There's 3 of them in the room and below them are 3 wooden chests.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I seem to be stuck on the 5th floor of the crypt, I ran around everywhere and I can't find a way forward. So no I didn't get to floor 7 of the crypt yet and I do have Earth magic to dispel enchanted stones. And the stray hands that run on the floor I mentioned are on floor 4 of the crypt, lower right side. There's 3 of them in the room and below them are 3 wooden chests.
Oh! I understand why you're stuck now. You need to complete the music box from The Dungeon, and to get one of those parts you'll need to do the "kill all lurkers" unmarked quest. The book in the classroom will keep track of how many you've killed.

Thanks for finding the stray hands. It was easy to miss because they're not over a black space. I just deleted em. :D

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh! I understand why you're stuck now. You need to complete the music box from The Dungeon, and to get one of those parts you'll need to do the "kill all lurkers" unmarked quest. The book in the classroom will keep track of how many you've killed.

Thanks for finding the stray hands. It was easy to miss because they're not over a black space. I just deleted em. :D
Ok I managed to get past floor 5 now. I honestly forgot about the locked gates in the dungeon and I wasn't aware of what the lurkers were. The giant squid creatures you fish out? For the record I did read the whole thing about the guy who killed his wife over a music box.
Also how do you get rid of guilt and if I picked the bible back up when I was captive in the tower does that mean Sienna will never enter the House of Pleasures?

The mushroom gives you various puddings depending on what ingredient you have enough of. As I can see they give stat bonuses, but are they used for anything else that would increase the bonus? Same question about the essences. I know they can be used to make the recovery spellstone and I think they're used in upgrading someone's outfit but other than that can they be used to make something that gives a bigger bonus?

And lastly there is an equipable sprite(Guardian) that says it increases resistances. What resistances? Where do I see them?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also how do you get rid of guilt and if I picked the bible back up when I was captive in the tower does that mean Sienna will never enter the House of Pleasures?
I actually haven't worked with integrity much, but it seems that way, at least in the current build. In future versions there will be more ways to influence Sienna's integrity, and a way to get in there even if your integrity is maxed out.

I'm hoping to implement a teeter totter system for integrity, meaning -5 or +5 can never go the opposite way (except in an extreme circumstance), but the further it gets to either side the more it can swing the opposite way. Like maybe -2 could go to +1, +3 could go to -2, etc..

I REALLY should have included a test event that could alter it. Sorry about that.

The mushroom gives you various puddings depending on what ingredient you have enough of. As I can see they give stat bonuses, but are they used for anything else that would increase the bonus?
They're basically end game items. The only thing I might have them used for, besides eating them directly, would be final outfit upgrades. Just one per character though, if I do go that route. I think it's safe to go ahead and use them.

Same question about the essences. I know they can be used to make the recovery spellstone and I think they're used in upgrading someone's outfit but other than that can they be used to make something that gives a bigger bonus?
Same as above. If you've gotten the outfit upgrades then feel free to use them up. There's plenty of them.

And lastly there is an equipable sprite(Guardian) that says it increases resistances. What resistances? Where do I see them?
The adult guardian sprite will basically reduce all damage you take by half. Since it doesn't show up anywhere I'll change their descriptions to indicate what type of damage they halve.
The only exception would be non-elemental damage, but no enemies deal that type of damage. (not yet anyway)

If you're curious, here's a list of all the elements.

Physical
Mystical

Life
Death

Fire
Ice

Water
Acid

Earth
Venom

Air
Vacuum

Each is listed next to its opposite. When a character specializes in a certain element, like Sienna with Mystical, then they take half damage from that element, and 50% more from the opposite element.

Oh, and every single character has the Super Guard option, which means the defend option reduces incoming damage by 75%. It works really well with weaker characters. :)

I'm guessing an adult guardian sprite and defend option would combine to reduce damage by 87.5%

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I noticed that time doesn't stop when you read signs or decide on what you're gonna put in the spellstone. It should in my opinion mostly because you're already on a time limit as it is and the effect of the Flare drains as well not to mention the monsters who keep moving and might catch you off guard while you jot down the numbers on the walls.

Bread Machine trait does nothing. Bread still gives only 250 Nutrition.

And finally this is sort of a selfish request more than anything but you should consider a command that lets you cycle between tools instead of giving them shortcuts to buttons on the keyboard. It would really help people who play with a controller and not with the keyboard. Personally I can't stand to play games using a keyboard anymore especially since I play JRPGs mostly.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I noticed that time doesn't stop when you read signs or decide on what you're gonna put in the spellstone. It should in my opinion mostly because you're already on a time limit as it is and the effect of the Flare drains as well not to mention the monsters who keep moving and might catch you off guard while you jot down the numbers on the walls.
I'm not sure if I can stop the flare from draining but I'll see about stopping time when those are being done. The spellstone in particular could cause issues while in The Tower, due to the extremely time sensitive events during that chapter.

Bread Machine trait does nothing. Bread still gives only 250 Nutrition.
Thanks. I'll make a note of it.

And finally this is sort of a selfish request more than anything but you should consider a command that lets you cycle between tools instead of giving them shortcuts to buttons on the keyboard. It would really help people who play with a controller and not with the keyboard. Personally I can't stand to play games using a keyboard anymore especially since I play JRPGs mostly.
I'll see what I can do. I always find myself pushing the wrong keys multiple times anyway, and I'm sure others do as well. Might as well be a cycle key. Plus, the axe key is SO annoying. I really don't understand why it must be held down so long.