What's new

Overwhored RPG Maker Game FULL GAME UPDATE!

You Win The Prize

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Overlord RPG Maker Game (Demo)

ah, so you did get custom art for this! do tell, who'd you get commissioned for this? did you get any of the guys that you were hoping for earlier?

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ah, so you did get custom art for this! do tell, who'd you get commissioned for this? did you get any of the guys that you were hoping for earlier?
Right now I've got Steveman and Hombre-Blanco. I'll add more people as I get them.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Alright everyone, the commissions are starting to come back now. We've got a while to go, but I wanted to show this to everyone to keep interest going and show you that, yes, I am indeed working on the game.

We've got a while to go until the next release when the set for a quick release is done, but it definitely WILL get done!

This image was done by Hombre Blanco.

Last edited:
OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

On that note, Steveman just sent me a picture as well. I'm pretty thrilled with the artwork I'm getting back.

KnightPaladin

Reputation score

Any progress on this game? just got the demo and I LOVE it.

Do you use this or do you have a website for the game?

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

downloading this game now,

but someone mentioned hypno master?

i dont think i have heard of that before, can someone link me to it? or to the relevent thread/blog/site?

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's great that you get some custom commissioned art for this project. Looking forward to see the graphics added in the game :)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

one
thing that bothers me is that the tower mistress is constantly telling me what to do, admitedly, whathisface the head minion from the overlord games did the same, but he was more subtle about it.

instead of having the overlord be a heroic(lol) mime, change some of the advisers lines to the overlord. so instead of (her: you need to go here and do x) it would say (overlord: i should go here and do x)

just to give it a little more "im in charge" feeling,

edit:

one thing i noticed is that at the start combat is incredible annoying, because all you can really do is use both buffs, then spam your worthless heal and attack, theres no skill involved at all. so i found myself avoiding any fight that i could (no exp and we cant spend gold yet)

that actually makes a little bit of sense though. the overlord is not interested in men or old people, and as the player, neither am i.

so i had a neat little idea to take advantage of that mindset, something about a girl who heard about the overlord (after you raid your second or third village?) targeting women, so now she dresses as a boy, because its safer. (give her a default male character sprite, until you get to the combat screen, then make it obvious that its a girl in men's clothes.)

or just add a knight in full armour that turns out to be a girl, despite that WoW would have use think, they dont make breastplates, its not easy, (or sometimes even possible) to tell if its a man or a woman in platemail. and have her say something mid battle, so you can realise that its a girls voice.

one more thing, in the petagram room, all the girls stuck in the matrixs have the same sprite, (i guess it might be too much to ask for them to have the sprites of the girls you captured,) but for some reason they have the same sprite as "militia girl" which is strange because, as the only one to join your party she is the least generic girl you find.

it would be better to give them all either random female sprites, or generic "village girl" sprites.

one more suggestion, (this one is the biggest) is to have a written scene to go with each hentai picture.
its a lot to ask, i know but it adds so much (check out harem by Ker for examples)

then again, this is a demo, so you might be planning to do that already.

looking forwards to seeing more of this.

Last edited:
OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Alright everyone, I know it's been a while since I've talked about this. Basically, the project got held up a long time working with artists.

But I've finally convinced a number of artists to help out and gotten enough pictures for a new release.

This is the latest version of the game.

Current Version:

Version 0.1.1:

It's been a while since I've released a version. If you find any bugs let me know (especially any game breaking ones), and I will fix them in the next release. Please let me know what you think!

This version contains a decent bit more content than the demo. It doesn't end until the Tower Mistress tells you the game is finished.

There's another dungeon beyond the demo version, plus some extra content beyond that.

Have fun!

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm pretty glad to see a new update.

(1)Of course, I'm not eager to re-do what I've done already, so it's a shame that the saves from the previous version don't seem to work properly with this one.

The way south from the Overlord's keep is barred.

Edit: Anyway, I ran through the old stuff again and hit up the new content, and I only ran into one technical bug: (2) North from the inside of the mausoleum is a perma-black screen.

(3)Another complaint is that some of the screens don't connect properly - the strongest example that I can think of off the top of my head is that one screen in the graveyard has an exit to the EAST, but the screen you are taken to has no connecting exit to the west:
it is on the SOUTH.

(4) And of course, the development with the hero of diligence is COMPLETELY unbelievable.
I mean...
She didn't block that shit with some sort of magic shield? Really?
Or dodge it, even though she dodges "double attack" every single solitary time? Really?
Come on bro, your PLAYERS haven't all been doused with retard-potion, so who the fuck is going to believe that bullshit?

Apart from those four complaints - only the second is game-breaking, though the last two are murder on immersion - I'd say this is a solid offering, and I look forward to future updates.

Last edited:
OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The issue with the map directions not connecting properly is mostly a concern with me completely redesigning the world map. You can expect that to be fixed in future updates.

The monster den is east, not south. That's another issue with the world map redesign. The directions will be fixed soon.

Could you screenshot where you ended up getting a black screen? None of my playtesters caught that, and I want to fix that.

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This happens to me AFTER clearing the game, so I don't know whether it'll happen while the "occupant" of the room to the north is still there or not.

Anyway, going north using the LEFT half of those 2-block stairs results in everything working as expected.

Going north using the RIGHT-HAND half of those stairs results in the perma-black screen.

Attachments

Rogdort

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Very happy to see an update, but really needs a gallery mode, like one where the text box doesn't cover up a quarter of the screen...

yuriski

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It just gets better^^

Anyway, is there a reason the Overmind can equip neither the "Iron Helm" or the "Iron Armor"?

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

More nongamebreaking bugs.

1) If you last a few rounds with Hero Nanshe, she fades and the game calls your party victorious. She doesn't just ALWAYS cast Blizzard 2 and take you out.

She may cast single target spells for a few rounds first, and then "lose" for no reason.

2)If you head down to the village after beating Herogirl, but BEFORE you talk to your tower mistress, the inhabitants of the village are not visible.

They're still THERE, but they're BEHIND the gate, and they say their BEHIND the gate lines.
Not game breaking, for it is cured easily enough by going back and talking to your tower mistress.

3) The second town teleport doesn't seem to be working in the Tower TO town direction, although it works in the direction from town to tower.

4)You know how the best option in the hero encounter is to get the FUCK out, because you don't have a single chance of winning, realistically?

... You can do that, and I feel like that's unintended, since the tower lady doesn't acknowledge it, AND since it's contrary to the cutscene.
Just hold shift and down, and you can peace RIGHT the fuck out although the hero is talking about "no escape."
You can do it WHILE she is talking about it, and also BEFORE she even talks about it.

If and only if you DO NOT talk to your tower mistress, I think you can beat Nanshe as normal and THEN it is NOT gamebreaking.

More lolgamebreaking bugs.

1) WELL.

You know how the best option in the hero encounter is to get the FUCK out, because you don't have a single chance of winning, realistically?

... You can do that, and I feel like that's unintended, since the tower lady doesn't acknowledge it, AND since it's contrary to the cutscene.
Just hold shift and down, and you can peace RIGHT the fuck out although the hero is talking about "no escape."
You can do it WHILE she is talking about it, and also BEFORE she even talks about it.

Why did I copypasta that and put this bug here TOO?

Well, That's because:

AFTER you peace out before the chick is able to trap you, if you go back to your tower, and TALK to your tower mistress again, the "throwing shit at
the mage" scene never happens.

The game hangs. THAT'S game breaking.

Druid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Heh, love the update: Click on fruit
Slave: For the Master! *sets fruit on fire*
Tower Mistress: Stop setting the masters fruit on fire!
I couldn't stop laughing

Only issue i had was the black screen when you re-enter the hero's area after beating her.
I also never got the building upgrades to work, although I assume that's because it's just not implemented yet.

(4) And of course, the development with the hero of diligence is COMPLETELY unbelievable.
I mean...
She didn't block that shit with some sort of magic shield? Really?
Or dodge it, even though she dodges "double attack" every single solitary time? Really?
Come on bro, your PLAYERS haven't all been doused with retard-potion, so who the fuck is going to believe that bullshit?
Meh, the girl seemed very intelligent, but not overly smart so I don't find it all that unbelieveable. I mean really...she did leave her notes lying around so anybody could find it...

Nirakei

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It could also be a little subtle nod to the game the premise is based on as well, Overlord. The heroes of that game became corrupted into represensations of the cardinal sins. The opposite of diligence is generally lethargy, laziness and/or neglect. In this case, she's the opposite of her virtue.

It can probably be brushed up a bit, though.

smitty1970

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i seemed to like what i have played!

thanks!

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'll be releasing a bug fix version in the next day or two.

I also personally drew a picture that is not in game (nor will it be added) as a kind of thank you to the people who have been supporting the project.

I hope you enjoy it.

darnak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I for one thought the piece with the hero was positively golden. Granted, the fact that you're fighting her and she one-shots half your party, then lets you run away to a table way over that way and then gets hit with a bottle isn't made of the same gold but it isn't as bad as what some other people are saying. Maybe it just needs some work on the writing, have the PC pickup the stuff before facing her and make the choice himself of throwing it at her or getting defeated.

Overall I applaud your effort and am looking forward to progress and updates in the future.