What's new

Operation TR (game in the making) - now with a blog

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Operation TR (game in the making) - slow and steady

the only problems i have with it so far is that theres no invincibility after taking a hit and that you can't jump with the ^ arrow key.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

the only problems i have with it so far is that theres no invincibility after taking a hit and that you can't jump with the ^ arrow key.
I hate using the arrow key to jump :)
Maybe I'll code in the ability to redefine keys, but dont count on it.

There is invincibility, but only when you lose a clothing level, and its short, because we want you to lose and get raped (once the animations are in) :)

I will change the sprite speeds, wasnt looking that close at them to be honest, I remember thinking I mean to slow them down, but never got back to it.

As for the status turning, it seemed right, but I can make it not turn if you prefer, it would simplify things to be honest.

-Oberon

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate using the arrow key to jump :)
Maybe I'll code in the ability to redefine keys, but dont count on it.

There is invincibility, but only when you lose a clothing level, and its short, because we want you to lose and get raped (once the animations are in) :)

-Oberon
You could possibly just allow both what you prefer, and what some prefer (like me) to use arrow keys to move around.

Also, sometimes the most difficult games are difficult for all the wrong reasons. Like CDI Zelda, no hit recovery time. It can be frustrating to constantly be raped by the same thing right after you get released.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is it just me, or does the ghost ATTACH itself to the chick? I get the gun, I get back to the starting spot, and the ghost STAYS WITH ME. I can't escape it.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

wow nice work Oberon/MoT games looking good

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Is it just me, or does the ghost ATTACH itself to the chick? I get the gun, I get back to the starting spot, and the ghost STAYS WITH ME. I can't escape it.
The ghost constantly moves towards her, but it moves slower than you do.
Of course there are a bunch of them, and they get faster if you lose cloths :)

They tend to react slowly to elevation changes, if there are in the way, get onto a platform and jump over, then keep moving.

As an aside, I know since I made it I am far from impartial, but I can get to the end of the level with over half my health bar and still fully dressed, so its not all that impossible. I will probably make the first level more forgiving once I start adding more levels to have a place to ramp difficulty up.

I will look more into the up arrow key thing, see if I can build me an option menu or something, I kinda want to learn how to make a menu anyhow.

-Oberon

OP
Cactuses

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Well we're gona have to see how the enemy outcome will turn out and some general work out with the clothing and rapes overall.
Considering I was originally planning to make it so that the enemies will take the clothing off after harras/face/clothingon rapes but gona have to see if that can be done.

Now you might all wonder why I haven't been on that much but I have to admit that I've had some busy things going on, but on the more positive note I've done some drawing practise lately so I'm hoping I'll get on the rapes and all soon.

Eitherway, I was working on making a larger, easier to resize version of the original sunrise background drop I had planned for the tile set of the beach level, but I'm not really happy how this is turning out, and I really don't want to antialiase a backdrop as I kinda want to have a pixel art feel on this game.

So any feedback how to make this backdrop more sun risey?

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

I've been working on my other (pg) game, and have a much better handle on things like scripts and whatnot, I'll be making some good changes for the next version, once I have more graphics to throw in there.

-Oberon

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

So any feedback how to make this backdrop more sun risey?
Hrm. I think it's the dark cloud at the top that are making it less sunrisey. I can understand why they're dark (dawn and all) but maybe if you lighten the shade, it'll help? That's my only idea.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

I was puttering around with some things on here last night, so heres a small update. Mainly waiting on graphics to start adding the good stuff now :)

Update 1.02
Improved enemy edge detection
Added jump on up arrow
added knockback to enemy hits (slime)
added preliminary rape mechanics
added background image
cleaned up sprite substitution code
Allowed resizing and fullscreen mode (F4)

-Oberon

Attachments

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

It's all looking pretty good so far, my good man. The controls aren't awkward at all, which is as previously stated often a big issue.

The only issue with it thusfar is that the ghosts are relentless seems to get faster and faster (to me anyway), or that they were just plain too fast to avoid. Once you're in that left hand corner, it's 'end of the line' for you.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

When does it get possible?

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ghosts are annoying as hell lol. Might wanna make them a bit slower?

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, the ghosts (and the slimes) go faster as you lose clothes. Maybe too fast, I played with the numbers some to make the speed more linear, but I may have started them too fast then. I'll take another look. the goal is that they will outrun you when you are nude if you dont use platforms and jumping to your advantage. they go less than half your speed when you are dressed tho, and should be pretty easy to dodge.

The game design right now is kind of a downward spiral :)
as long as you stay dressed, its not all that hard, but once you start going down, it gets worse, I can change that aspect, I was aiming for the 'faster as you get more revealed' aspect from the original design idea.

-Oberon

ps: I'm glad you like the controls, I am trying to make it feel and work smoothly as a priority.

ThisGuy

Reputation score

I think i am the only person who hasn't figured out how to run this game.

I downloaded gamemaker8 (assuming thats the correct environment, there was never any real program mentioned- read the whole thread 3 times over and the only time any program is mentioned at all happens to coincide with that particular title) and it wont recognize any of these files.

None of the files just run themselves, for me at least, they dont have the correct dll's and whatnot.

tl;dr- how do run gaem?

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

I think i am the only person who hasn't figured out how to run this game.

I downloaded gamemaker8 (assuming thats the correct environment, there was never any real program mentioned- read the whole thread 3 times over and the only time any program is mentioned at all happens to coincide with that particular title) and it wont recognize any of these files.

None of the files just run themselves, for me at least, they dont have the correct dll's and whatnot.

tl;dr- how do run gaem?
hmm, should just download and run, its a self contained executable. What error are you getting exactly?

-Oberon

ThisGuy

Reputation score

hmm, should just download and run, its a self contained executable. What error are you getting exactly?

-Oberon
Well, i assume its a directx problem, but im almost positive im up to dx9 at the moment.
I'm getting the "d3d8.dll not found" generally when you either havent installed the whole program or when you dont have dx up to date. Working my way through any other explanation, but those are the only two i can come up with so far.

Reputation score

Well, the ghosts (and the slimes) go faster as you lose clothes. Maybe too fast, I played with the numbers some to make the speed more linear, but I may have started them too fast then. I'll take another look. the goal is that they will outrun you when you are nude if you dont use platforms and jumping to your advantage. they go less than half your speed when you are dressed tho, and should be pretty easy to dodge.

The game design right now is kind of a downward spiral :)
as long as you stay dressed, its not all that hard, but once you start going down, it gets worse, I can change that aspect, I was aiming for the 'faster as you get more revealed' aspect from the original design idea.
On paper that sounds like a great idea, but in practice it just results in annoyingly difficult to avoid enemies, especially since there are so many of them and we can't actually kill them. Honestly, it's best to not increase enemy speed at all, unless you're going to remove their ability to go through everything in the environment, because that seems like it's a gamebreaker when coupled with them moving way faster than you.

OP
Cactuses

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

I personaly don't like over anoying enemies either, but I'm gona get back on that matter bit later on when.

Eitherway I apoligisize for being so slow on the graphics side, but I've kinda had some other things I've suppoused to work on and generally being bit busy and I've kinda negletted this a bit for being so awful making good schedules :c

I still decided to get my ass of to work on this once again, and I'm hoping to make bigger graphic bunchs every now and then rather then a lot of mini updates, hoping to see if I can make a room to make a weekly update or something.

I also am sorry if I've been bad at communicating with this project aswell.

But anyway, some opinions now please;

I'm making a tile set for the level itself to match rest of the style.
I'm not entirely happy with this however so I'd like some feed back on the overall before I finalize this.

I also have to say, ghost girl is serious bitch to sprite, I've been trying to improve her sprite and animations for a while now but I'm going to mostly likely resprite her as a whole at some point though if I can get her sprite working out better.

I've also started some pre work on the actual action now.