What's new

SIM [Old Huntsman] Jack-o-nine-tails [SLG]

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [SLG] Jack-o-nine-tails

How do you efficiently sell S+ slaves? I currently am trying to sell one with Exquisite beauty Mysterious exotism and Graceful style and all the offers at the auction stop at 3000-5500. My mark is recognized and I've done all the services at the saloon.
The only buyers I've been able to find for S+ slaves have been the heads of houses. Other than them, there are a few business that don't specify a training level which might offer something appropriate, and it might be worth joining the Gentleman's Club if you haven't already and see if there are any takers among the members.

Here's one for you all: Has anyone found Earl Grey? He shows up on the "find a buyer" results sometimes, but the text is still in Russian. I did some messing around with google translate and I think it says something to the effect that "no one knows where he is to be found".

Guuk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there anyway to prevent a girl from escaping? Like i have her sleeping in a dungeon, branded etc. Am i just being too forceful with her?

Also if you could add traits to that trainer stuntcock42 i would be so fucking happy :D im using the trainer quite a lot actually (for every new girl pretty much). thanks!

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there anyway to prevent a girl from escaping? Like i have her sleeping in a dungeon, branded etc. Am i just being too forceful with her?
If I'm worried about escape attempts, I tend to visit Steel Rose and get her fitted with a steel collar and leather shackles on wrists and feet. A ring through her nose might help as well.

If it's just one night and you have the dungeon extended rental option, you can stick her in there. She won't get much rest there though, so it's not a long term solution.

@Shiramizu: try the moneylender. He says he buys all quality, so long as they've got A grade blowjobs. He might reject enchantresses as well - he says "no witches".

@all: another question: anyone access the "unfamiliar house" locations in the slums? Or are they just placeholders?

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Also if you could add traits to that trainer stuntcock42 i would be so fucking happy :D im using the trainer quite a lot actually (for every new girl pretty much). thanks!
I have a dev-branch version which can add Traits, but it's not releasable:
  • the user experience is confusing - after adding two traits it's necessary to play the game for a few moments (to force a dictionary reallocation) before attempting to add any more traits.
    • there's no obvious way for the Trainer UI to visually explain this process to the user, and I can't trust users to read the instruction manual or tooltips
    • hence, I'm forced to "lock out" the entire Traits menu after two changes are made (and then reset it when I detect the realloc). The lockout process is confusing and prone to error (e.g. remains permanently locked-out because I fail to detect the realloc)
  • each new trait insertion forces a dictionary reallocation, which leads to memory bloat.
    • I don't know whether to blame QSP or my own code or both, but there's no obvious fix.
    • memory bloat is inelegant (embarassing for the developer, but not necessarily a deal-breaker)
    • unfortunately, it also leads to game crashes and savegame corruption (which is a deal-breaker)
There's an alternate Trait-adding technique, which involves manually allocating a deep copy of the dictionary into high memory. It allows unlimited insertion/removal but it's currently incomplete: it works at runtime, but the altered memory gets ignored by the savegame logic (hence: your savegame becomes corrupted and unusable).

Removing traits is very easy and poses zero risks. But that isn't really interesting as a "trainer feature." Players want to be able to create unusual Trait combinations (e.g. a clumsy nymphomaniacal agoraphobic hypermetabolic masochist) - either as a special gameplay challenge, or as a roleplaying/immersion thing, or to recreate their favourite anime characters. By removing a trait you tend to remove flavour, depth, or challenge from the game. I doubt that anyone wants that, so the whole "Traits" menu isn't worth my time unless I can find a reliable way to Add them.

tl;dr - You can't adjust Traits yet because of technical bullshit. I'll do some more investigation this evening.

Nyu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is combat broken in this game?

I play with Blade/Guts who seems to best combat build, but i always loose when fighting groups (even if i can beat the toughest tentacles and the like), any way of beating them?

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

I just ran into the Vatican champion in the Arena. "Her sword give her the strength of 10 men" - 248 hp damage - DEAD. Well, carted off to the medical centre anyway.

Anyone beaten this one? I'm fairly sure I clicked the right button...

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

I just ran into the Vatican champion in the Arena. "Her sword give her the strength of 10 men" - 248 hp damage - DEAD. Well, carted off to the medical centre anyway.

Anyone beaten this one? I'm fairly sure I clicked the right button...
Personally, I had no problems with any of the champions... maybe I was just lucky. I'm certainly not a pro at this ;).
I always use dual-wield weapons as they give attacks of every type, try to give enemy some debuffs and then attack where it hurts the most (double damage) - using special attack is also good way to win - I tend to use it near the end of the battle to finish off the enemy.
But just like Nyu, I have problems with fighting groups of enemies.
Just like races, fights are too damn random - two fights with same enemy using same strategy can yield entirely different results, so it's best to save just before the fight and try different strategy if one failed. Hope it helps...

Shiramizu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think that's some sort of special ability of hers she might or might not use. Maybe one of the armor types can help reduce the damage enough?
On the subject of selling slaves I did a bit of checking and neither the money lender nor the gentleman club are good options for S+. The first is limited to about 1500 and the second to 2500. The most I managed to sell my slave at an auction is 6k on famous renown and a perfect slave. Still haven't gotten access to house heads so that's still a possibility. For now I mostly rush arena champions (by heavy abuse of stasis chamber and philtre).
Also, on the subject of horse racing I've discovered two things:
1) You can save anywhere and anytime including in the middle of the race.
2) The results of every obstacle are randomly generated when you pick an action so cracking the whip might get you crashed on the first try, succeed after loading or destroy half your competition if you're lucky.

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Personally, I had no problems with any of the champions... maybe I was just lucky. I'm certainly not a pro at this ;).
I always use dual-wield weapons as they give attacks of every type, try to give enemy some debuffs and then attack where it hurts the most (double damage) - using special attack is also good way to win - I tend to use it near the end of the battle to finish off the enemy.
Did that. Matched my slave's attack to her defence and POW! My girl is lying in a pool of her own blood. I didn't get a chance to apply any debuffs

But just like Nyu, I have problems with fighting groups of enemies.
Just like races, fights are too damn random - two fights with same enemy using same strategy can yield entirely different results, so it's best to save just before the fight and try different strategy if one failed. Hope it helps...
In the fogs, armor seems to be the crucial factor when fighting groups. In the arena, maybe it would better to forgo the dual wield in favor of something with more protection?

(Not an expert either, just trying to figure this thing out)

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

(...)
2) The results of every obstacle are randomly generated when you pick an action so cracking the whip might get you crashed on the first try, succeed after loading or destroy half your competition if you're lucky.
It's random alright, but speed is still crucial - if you're making sharp turn with speed around/above 20 (IIRC), you will almost always crash - you need a really good luck to make it intact.
Did that. Matched my slave's attack to her defence and POW! My girl is lying in a pool of her own blood. I didn't get a chance to apply any debuffs
Sounds like a case of really bad luck... I hope you'll be able to pay her back next time ;).
In the fogs, armor seems to be the crucial factor when fighting groups. In the arena, maybe it would better to forgo the dual wield in favor of something with more protection?
I don't have time to play "Jack" at the moment, but will try it when I do.

But what is bothering me, is how equipment is chosen for arena fights - every character has three weapon slots (2 hands and shoulder holster) and AFAIK no shields available to buy. Let's say I have two katanas equipped for dual wield - are they used or some generic weapon stats are picked when dual-wield is selected for battle? And what about shields and situations in which current equipment doesn't match selected fighting style? Maybe someone who dissected Jack's QSP data can answer this...

Alploochra

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Special moves (arena), better gear, potions.

Also Blade has the worst Moral tank (violet).

Guuk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a dev-branch version which can add Traits, but it's not releasable:
  • the user experience is confusing - after adding two traits it's necessary to play the game for a few moments (to force a dictionary reallocation) before attempting to add any more traits.
    • there's no obvious way for the Trainer UI to visually explain this process to the user, and I can't trust users to read the instruction manual or tooltips
    • hence, I'm forced to "lock out" the entire Traits menu after two changes are made (and then reset it when I detect the realloc). The lockout process is confusing and prone to error (e.g. remains permanently locked-out because I fail to detect the realloc)
  • each new trait insertion forces a dictionary reallocation, which leads to memory bloat.
    • I don't know whether to blame QSP or my own code or both, but there's no obvious fix.
    • memory bloat is inelegant (embarassing for the developer, but not necessarily a deal-breaker)
    • unfortunately, it also leads to game crashes and savegame corruption (which is a deal-breaker)
There's an alternate Trait-adding technique, which involves manually allocating a deep copy of the dictionary into high memory. It allows unlimited insertion/removal but it's currently incomplete: it works at runtime, but the altered memory gets ignored by the savegame logic (hence: your savegame becomes corrupted and unusable).

Removing traits is very easy and poses zero risks. But that isn't really interesting as a "trainer feature." Players want to be able to create unusual Trait combinations (e.g. a clumsy nymphomaniacal agoraphobic hypermetabolic masochist) - either as a special gameplay challenge, or as a roleplaying/immersion thing, or to recreate their favourite anime characters. By removing a trait you tend to remove flavour, depth, or challenge from the game. I doubt that anyone wants that, so the whole "Traits" menu isn't worth my time unless I can find a reliable way to Add them.

tl;dr - You can't adjust Traits yet because of technical bullshit. I'll do some more investigation this evening.
Thanks a lot for replying and going out of your way and explaining things, even if i didn't understand all of the technical things i appreciate it and im sure those who understand it appreciate it even more! If you do manage to find a solution ill definitely check it out :)

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is combat broken in this game?

I play with Blade/Guts who seems to best combat build, but i always loose when fighting groups (even if i can beat the toughest tentacles and the like), any way of beating them?
Multiple opponents wipe the floor with you.
It is generally dependent on armor rather then weapon so better armor helps.

Group of beastmen are pretty much best armor and weapons and stats only.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

once you have high skill in fighting, they dont even hurt you, and you should have the double blow that will always take down 2 of the smaller foes... the thoughest fight (to get hurt) is the 5 bandit one, the others can be almost oneshotted

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I've fought that Vatican champion half a dozen times now. The result is always the same: she inflicts just short of 100 points of damage on the first round, irrespective of what attack option I choose.

I have no problem at all with the other champions, but the vatican girl seems invincible.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Saber is just insta kill it seems :eek:

How do you use the special attacks for your Hero? I learned all of them at the arena but only ever have the option to Battle Cry in combat?

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Which ones are available depend on what weapons you have equipped. You can get more options if you fight two-weapon style.

I tend to use bastard sword with a stunner in my off-hand because that gives me four moves: roundhouse kick, dashing blow, swift blow and heavy blow (names from memory).

It's worth experimenting with some combinations to see what works for you. Sparring can be good for that.

nsc

Reputation score

looks interesting, downloading! ^.^

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Guuk volunteered to do some testing and helped me to fix a few nasty bugs, so this thing is ready for public release. You're no longer constrained by the cruel whims of the Random Number Generator; now every girl can be a nymphomaniacal hydrophobic bisexual!

Please refer to the previous post for general information about the trainer.

New stuff in beta 4: dictionary insertion (Expert Mode), trait adjustment, fridge variables, bruises and scars, updated to .NET framework 4.5, backend improvements so that new features can be added much more quickly.

If you want to add Traits to your characters then you MUST follow the instructions in the readme. I've included them below for convenience.
  • By default, the Trainer will behave in the same way that it did in previous versions. It will happily overwrite values which already exist in memory, but it will refuse to write values into uninitialized variables.
  • When the Trainer writes into an unallocated block of QSP's memory, it runs afoul of QSP's memory-recycling logic. As a consequence, the game WILL CRASH as soon as you attempt to do anything. This isn't limited to "actions" such as ending the day or buying a slave. EVEN OPENING A STATUS WINDOW WILL CRASH THE GAME.
  • Fortunately, QSP's save/load logic is robust, and is not impaired by the fragmentation.
  • Therefore, if you want to write a value into an unitialized block, you should:

1. Enable "Expert Mode" in the Trainer by clicking the checkbox in the top-right corner
  2. Make the change (e.g. drag a slider or click a "Max All" button)
    • You can make additional changes via the Trainer at this point; there's no limit
  3. Alt-tab back to the game window, but DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING
  4. Save the game
  5. Close the game window (it may refuse to shutdown cleanly; force-close it if necessary)
  6. Close the trainer
  7. Restart the game
  8. Load your recent savegame; verify that the expected changes are now in-place
    • Remember that you may need to click through a few screens to force an HTML refresh
  9. You may launch the Trainer and use it in normal mode during gameplay (e.g. locking Energy at 5, boosting your money or food reserves, etc)
  10. If you decide to activate Expert Mode again, remember that you MUST use the save/load process each time you inject a value into an uninitialized variable.
    • I recommend leaving Expert Mode OFF because then the Trainer will block you from accidentally crashing the game. If you're leaving Expert Mode on during normal gameplay, then you're doing it wrong.

The development roadmap is almost complete at this point, so I'm open to suggestions if anyone wants additional features. A few caveats:
  • "Why can't I adjust Fame, Style, Exotic points, etc?"
    • These are aggregate variables which are calculated on-demand.
    • It's possible to modify them but the process would be somewhat unintuitive (you'd be adjusting a "boost" value rather than the sum itself)
    • If you max out your fame by cheating then you might miss some quest triggers or faction opportunities.
  • "Please fix Expert Mode so that I don't need to do that annoying save/load business"
    • Unlikely. It took a lot of tinkering to find a process which works AT ALL; QSP does not play nice when it comes to memory intrusion. Further refinement would require me to dig heavily into assembly and the probability of success is abysmal.
  • "Please let me modify the housing variables"
    • They're all standalone variables rather than dictionaries (which means that each one must be traced down by hand and I don't get to use any of my neat shortcuts).
    • There's a feasible alternative. If you want to bling out your house then you can simply cheat up a bunch of money and buy all of the upgrades.
    • There are a lot of image paths involved. We can't modify those willy-nilly because we risk overwriting adjacent memory and crashing the game.
    • Finally, mixing up the housing variables (e.g. pauper's cottage with a Royal bedroom) doesn't really open up any new gameplay possibilities.
    • Meh. Not worth the effort.
  • Gameplay enhancement and automation
    • I had originally planned to splice additional text into the game's HTML (which resides in memory) to streamline gameplay. Examples:
      • When the game wants you to click on the Right-Arrow icon to see the next page of text, you would also have the option of pressing Spacebar or Enter.
      • The inventory menu could splice in the numerical bonus values alongside each piece of armor, clothing, or jewelry so that the player can make informed choices.
      • You might setup a policy like "Always skip the Meal Quality message at end-of-day, unless the quality is D-grade or below."(because low-grade food means that my Assistant is exhausted or that I need to go buy groceries)
    • HTML splicing via the Trainer is infeasible for technical reasons, so the automation idea is out.
    • Keyboard shortcuts might still be achievable. Talk to the translation team. If they're planning to release another version at some point in the future, and if QSP supports (or something similar) then they might be able to reduce the number of mouse-clicks involved in normal gameplay.
  • "I want to cheat in combat."
    • Unlikely. Combat uses a dynamic execution system which means that variables don't abide by predictable pointer chains.
    • If you just want to win fights then the Trainer will let you easily complete the various special objectives and obtain rewards items (such as the Bull's Ring) which can make your character effectively invincible.