What's new

ACT [ おいらん一味 / Oiran Ichimi] アイリス☆アクション / Iris Action (RE087520, RJ087520)

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Iris Action

Another update on the blog

Looks like the combat will be ranged magic attack focused with different elements based on what type of jewelry is equipped. It also seems like you will be able to combo with different magic types with jewels equipped on both hands with some attacks draining mana but other attacks being basic and non-draining.

I think. Either way, he's updating more often.

thebigshow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Been a while since I've played this game. Might check it out again if new updates are released.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Wait, what? He's done with Iris Action right? Wasn't he going up for a new game, with the blonde hair biatch from Iris Action?
HAVE I BEEN DECEIVED ALL THIS TIME?

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

All recent updates are for a new game with a blonde heroine, but since we don't have an official name for that project, we're still posting about it in the Iris thread. Unless of course, Kenzen or whatever it was does turn out to be the actual title.

OP
Stiltzkinator

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I highly doubt the name of the new game will be Kenzen (na) Action. It's more of a running joke, but then again, I've thought this before, since AN-san tends to joke around a lot.

I imagine it will probably be "[Character's name] Action", and the character's name is currently Pai-ko, but that is temporary so far.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There is a 3:30 minute video up on the dev blog showcasing the basic magic combat and level up procedures for the new game.
For those without a NicoNico account and don't want to make one to see it themselves, there is a short range burst and a charge burst that corresponds to whatever elemental jewel is equipped. Different elemental jewels with different attack ratings are available, like wind which has a lower attack rating, but greater range.
Elemental damage seems to affect the strength of the attack on certain creatures. For example, the mosquito took large damage and was killed in two hits, but the worm/slug took considerable less damage from the same rock attack and was killed after several hits. But, this may not be the case as a wind attack also caused little damage.
Magic attacks drain a bar with each attack, and recharges over time like a stamina gauge in Dark Souls or Skyrim.
There is also an area effect burst attack which drains the gauge completely and costs HP, but it kills everything on screen, at least it killed the small enemies, which were the only enemies in the video.
Movement is very similar to Iris Action, but the dash attack looks like it could have Invincibility frames as the character appears to phase out and back in.

So, that's it. I guess we could make a new thread, but i still don't know what he's calling it.

Last edited:

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

There is a 3:30 minute video up on the dev blog showcasing the basic magic combat and level up procedures for the new game.
For those without a NicoNico account and don't want to make one to see it themselves, there is a short range burst and a charge burst that corresponds to whatever elemental jewel is equipped. Different elemental jewels with different attack ratings are available, like wind which has a lower attack rating, but greater range.
Elemental damage seems to effect the strength of the attack on certain creatures. For example, the mosquito took large damage and was killed in two hits, but the worm/slug took considerable less damage from the same rock attack and was killed after several hits. But, this may not be the case as a wind attack also caused little damage.
Magic attacks drain a bar with each attack, and recharges over time like a stamina gauge in Dark Souls or Skyrim.
There is also an area effect burst attack which drains the gauge completely and costs HP, but it kills everything on screen, at least it killed the small enemies, which were the only enemies in the video.
Movement is very similar to Iris Action, but the dash attack looks like it could have Invincibility frames as the character appears to phase out and back in.

So, that's it. I guess we could make a new thread, but i still don't know what he's calling it.
Can't believe how much he's stepped up the mechanics for this new project. Iris Action is one of the games that is directly responsible for me wanting to make an H game. Super excited for the new one.

OP
Stiltzkinator

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

This is why I haven't started one yet. There's nothing worse than jumping the gun on starting a thread for a new game, especially if you don't have the right name for it. The discussion ends up losing steam, and depending on who starts the thread, the name might not ever be changed to something more appropriate/correct. Besides, it's likely that we're not going to see much in the way of something new for the original Iris Action, so this thread should work for its sequel until we get a name.

Bryanis

Reputation score

It's nice to see it's really turning into a new game. Especially considering how good Iris action was.

Only drawback from my own personal taste ; I prefer Iris to the new girl :rolleyes:

Still, can't wait for a demo.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This is why I haven't started one yet. There's nothing worse than jumping the gun on starting a thread for a new game, especially if you don't have the right name for it. The discussion ends up losing steam, and depending on who starts the thread, the name might not ever be changed to something more appropriate/correct. Besides, it's likely that we're not going to see much in the way of something new for the original Iris Action, so this thread should work for its sequel until we get a name.
My thoughts, exactly.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Another small update

What I gather is that he/they are trying to have a more frequent update schedule and update more often whenever something is worth updating on.
Also, it seems you can now watch the H scene after all HP is lost and then immediately return to the last checkpoint, instead of being sent back to the menu, and then selecting to continue.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is there an uncensor patch for Iris Action? I was thinking about buying the full game but I don't see the point in doing so if I can't uncensor it.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

looks like the game will be called Torre Action.
Lovely....I just got a mental image of former Yankees manager Joe Torre getting raped by tentacles. :(

I'm gonna go pour some bleach in my ear-hole now...

Kolkina

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have a link to iris summer?

The last link I could find was from a year ago and to no surprise it's dead and google only gives links to the galleries.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Anyone have a link to iris summer?

The last link I could find was from a year ago and to no surprise it's dead and google only gives links to the galleries.

Both of them.

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Has the new thread been started since you guys know the name of the game now? (Torre Action)? I searched but didnt find anything.

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have a mega link to Iris Action 2.0? All the links ive tried here dont work (saying Failed- No File). Or the links are just dead.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Haven't looked at this thread in a while. Sorry for asking, but what was the major difference between version 1.0 - 2.0?

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Haven't looked at this thread in a while. Sorry for asking, but what was the major difference between version 1.0 - 2.0?
The scene with the purple tentacle plant boss was adjusted to be a bit longer and a game over scene for the ceiling anemones was added. It's nothing too crazy, but it's one of my favorites. I'm sure There were gameplay tweaks but that's not what you were looking to hear about, were you? ;)