What's new

[Nutaku] Flower Knight Girl

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Flower Knight Girl

dendro has the highest TP for what it's worth(not much) but best rainbow can depend on what you want. kerraria is the best duelist for killing raid bosses, though I've heard anemone can do work against them too.

Tomitain

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Dendro is hamstrung by only having one ability that lasts beyond the first turn of a fight, but that one turn has a really good chance of being one where she does 240% damage to everything. Anniversary Maria is mostly underwhelming by 6* standards (stats on par with high-end 5* Knights, poor proc rate on her skill until she's evolved, lowest(?) damage on an all-target skill among 6* Knights, etc) but her second skill is, IMO, the best a squad can have (1.2x proc rate on skills for the whole squad, which raises her anemic proc rate from 20-25% to 24-30%).

I consider Burning Bush the best Knight in my helper squad because she has 1.2x proc rate and +15% attack power for the entire squad for abilities. If she had Anemone's skill (three attacks at 180% damage), or even just Kale's skill (three at 140% damage) she'd be outstanding.

OP
Eab1990

Eab1990

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dendrobium is the queen of TP. How dare you insinuate that she is the worst Flower Knight by any measure.

She's true to her flower meaning though. Selfish Beauty means she only buffs herself, unlike Cymbidium, who buffs the party. Bloomed Dendrobium gets to attack twice on the first turn, and yes, she gets 2x skill rate on both hits.

Rainbow Alstroe is basically a gold in stats, but her abilities are still alright. Also, she's the 350 day reward, not 360.

Helenium is the weakest rainbow otherwise, with her TP being just under Lavender's.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yeah but Alstroe is a diamond in personality.

Tomitain

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm not a big fan of TP because it introduces cases where one Knight is 'stronger' than another due to the former having higher max HP, even if the latter has an edge in most of the other areas like attack power, skill power, skill proc rate and abilities.

As an example, based solely on total power I'd be better off with Convallaria in one of my squads instead of Laurentia (22,180 TP vs. 19,240 TP). However, Laurie has higher attack power, higher defense, a better proc rate on her skill, slightly higher damage on her skill (Convallaria's skill targets three pests instead of two though), and much better abilities (1.2x skill proc rate and +10% attack power for the squad at 100% affection vs. 20% light gauge filled at stage's start and +20% Solar Blast damage).

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been doing the whale missions last few days and there is something I just don't understand. Every single time I use the Solar blast on the first set of pests that board the ship and the 3rd set. None of my teams die and yet around 1/5 of the time the ship goes down fighting the giant pest at the end. I've got it as a red ship but I'm not sure how to power it up further and why I sometimes fail and sometimes I don't.

Tomitain

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think the HP of the whale ship is separate from the HP of your squads, so as long as your squads can fend off small pests it doesn't matter how beat up they get in the process. Something else to keep in mind is that 16 Knights of one type are enough to paint the whale that same color as long as there aren't at least 16 Knights of another type as well.

So, if you aren't doing so already, use your top 16 Slice Knights alongside your top 24 non-Slice Knights.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think the HP of the whale ship is separate from the HP of your squads, so as long as your squads can fend off small pests it doesn't matter how beat up they get in the process. Something else to keep in mind is that 16 Knights of one type are enough to paint the whale that same color as long as there aren't at least 16 Knights of another type as well.

So, if you aren't doing so already, use your top 16 Slice Knights alongside your top 24 non-Slice Knights.
I set my crew to strongest TP, then replaced my last squad with red girls until the ship went red. I can defeat the pests easy enough, it's just sometimes the giant pest keeps defeating me and sometimes it doesn't. I can't work out what is different between the runs I lose and the ones I win. I worked out if I just do the whale ship until it ends I can buy the necklace if I spend a FG or 2, but if I keep losing rounds randomly I will have to spend more :(

EDIT: Just took 1 of the strongest allies available and I still lost. Using solar blast on the giant pest doesn't do an awful lot.
EDIT2: Now losing 100% of the time. Seriously pissing me off now.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I set my crew to strongest TP, then replaced my last squad with red girls until the ship went red. I can defeat the pests easy enough, it's just sometimes the giant pest keeps defeating me and sometimes it doesn't. I can't work out what is different between the runs I lose and the ones I win. I worked out if I just do the whale ship until it ends I can buy the necklace if I spend a FG or 2, but if I keep losing rounds randomly I will have to spend more :(

EDIT: Just took 1 of the strongest allies available and I still lost. Using solar blast on the giant pest doesn't do an awful lot.
EDIT2: Now losing 100% of the time. Seriously pissing me off now.
How strong is your whale ship and what level are you trying to do? When I farmed for the item I cleared final level with around 820k slash ship, but for medals I just farmed 1-4 instead since 100% success is better than having a chance to fail.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How strong is your whale ship and what level are you trying to do? When I farmed for the item I cleared final level with around 820k slash ship, but for medals I just farmed 1-4 instead since 100% success is better than having a chance to fail.
My ship is a 856k slashing ship. I got to around 4k medals without much of a problem. Now it seems to have gone massively down hill, and my team is even stronger than when I stared.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My ship is a 856k slashing ship. I got to around 4k medals without much of a problem. Now it seems to have gone massively down hill, and my team is even stronger than when I stared.
It's really just RNG. If your ship keeps using the low dps skills then you'll lose every time.

Only other thing you could do is save your bursts for the boss only. But that won't do anything for you unless you're literally just barely losing every time.

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

my red ship is 866k and I've never failed a whaleship boss

Tomitain

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Whale Ship squad ratings include bonuses from equipment unlike 'normal' squads, so equipping as much jewelry as possible, even vendor/smithing fodder like level 1 bracelets and necklaces, may be enough to tip the odds in your favor.

AE1992

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been leveling equipment today, never bothered with it because it was so much hassle. Maxed out 5 rings before I got bored. Just going to throw all my (soon to be) good stuff on and see how it goes.

EDIT: 908k TP ship now. Lowest I got was 1/3 health left when the ship spammed the little machine gun attack. So my problem was pretty much underestimating equipment. Now that I have at least equipped stuff, even if it is level 1, this map is much easier. Need to do 6 more runs to get the necklace which I will do tomorrow.

Last edited:

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

equipment on a 4 slot girl gives a pretty sizable boost, nearly 50% more attack and 100% more defense. definitely worth keeping up on

Sashas

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did another impulsive 10+1 draw after drawing a 4* again, only got 5 golds this time with 2 of them dupes. Atleast I got both Lady's Sorrel and Creeping Smartweed like I was aiming for, the Camellia bride is a nice bonus I guess.

Tomitain

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, the new event Knight likes toys so that makes eight Knights in my forces not at max affection that like toys and zero that like books, cake or jewels.

KuraScropia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Did a draw in hopes of Lady's Sorrel, got Habranthus. I have too many slice types; I didn't want another.

#FirstWorldProblems

Sashas

Tentacle God
Reputation score

>only

Just how good was your last draw?
4 new golds and 1 new rainbow. I don't rememeber the last time I didn't get several golds. At the least it was 800 flowergems ago, I prefer to think big and then be dissapointed in a lack of rainbows as not even my whaleship can hold all my gacha units.