What's new

VN/TEXT [Nuku Valente]Flexible Survivor (Text game, sequel to Flexible Infection)

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Flexible Survivor (Text game, sequel to Flexible Infection)

How the fuck do you play this game without getting mutated all to hell and back? If I refuse to drink dirty water I die of thirst. Period. It's not very fun if every action you take is "scavenge" for however many rounds only to keep running into dirty water and food.
my, my..,
how are you able to type when you're not able to read?

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There are many ways to avoid a grisly end.

Starting with the easiest, take the Automatic Survival feat, done, you don't need food or water at all.

Next up, take perception as your primary, this will increase your scavenging ability to find things and you'll waste a lot less rounds finding nothing at all.

Related, take Survivalist feat, it's like 8 points of perception!

Did you take stamina instead? Consider the Spartan Diet feat.

Dirty water cluttering your inventory? Trade them to the mall rats, they love the stuff.

HadokenMotion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One thing I've been getting frustrated with lately is how ever update deletes all the save games, forcing me to start three new files (male preferred, female preferred, and a horny bastard herm) just so I can see how each new monster reacts. Although it's getting nicer that most monsters and area no longer have a level requirement, it's still irritating that I have to grind my way to level 8 or so just so I can take out some of the new monsters to see if I can rape them myself. This is especially bad since we're seeing updates at least once a day so I can't just get one started and return to it without having it disappear in 12 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the constant updates, but having to restart from scratch has been getting annoying.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

There are many ways to avoid a grisly end.

Starting with the easiest, take the Automatic Survival feat, done, you don't need food or water at all.

Next up, take perception as your primary, this will increase your scavenging ability to find things and you'll waste a lot less rounds finding nothing at all.

Related, take Survivalist feat, it's like 8 points of perception!

Did you take stamina instead? Consider the Spartan Diet feat.

Dirty water cluttering your inventory? Trade them to the mall rats, they love the stuff.
I've noticed the increased chance to find stuff with perception and such, but it does not seem to increase the chances of bottled water being found. Or do I need to roll significantly over 20 for a better chance?

Didn't know you could trade the stuff though, I'll see if that improves my survivability.

my, my..,
how are you able to type when you're not able to read?
Maybe you need to work on your perception? I'm aware of being able to increase chances of finding something AND that there are fucking feats that negate the need for food/water, however there are like 15 available feats now and it's nice not having to scavenge for clean water constantly.

Last edited:

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

One thing I've been getting frustrated with lately is how ever update deletes all the save games, forcing me to start three new files (male preferred, female preferred, and a horny bastard herm) just so I can see how each new monster reacts. Although it's getting nicer that most monsters and area no longer have a level requirement, it's still irritating that I have to grind my way to level 8 or so just so I can take out some of the new monsters to see if I can rape them myself. This is especially bad since we're seeing updates at least once a day so I can't just get one started and return to it without having it disappear in 12 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the constant updates, but having to restart from scratch has been getting annoying.
I sincerely WISH I could do something about that. Really. This is an engine limitation that drives me right up one wall and down the other.

If you know a better Gluxl/gblorb engine to offer up to people, please, do tell.

HadokenMotion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I sincerely WISH I could do something about that. Really. This is an engine limitation that drives me right up one wall and down the other.

If you know a better Gluxl/gblorb engine to offer up to people, please, do tell.
There are none that I know of, or else I would offer.

But there might be work arounds. Perhaps an item that gives you experience, or a feat or maybe even a mode that is not unlike automatic survival that starts you off at level 12 with all 18's. (And since I'm already making crazy suggestions, start it with automatic survival, then make it appear at Doctor Matt's office and make is some crazy story where you're the ultimate bioweapon or something like that.) I'm not really asking or expecting, I'm just throwing out ideas for you to maybe compensate for the lack of being able to resume a save, some sort of debug mode.

Granted, it's not the same as starting where you left off but would be a godsend for those who want to test out the new creatures without hunting down huskies for the first 15 minutes.

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Your wish is granted. Beat the game with 1000+ points and you will get a special cheat.

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Inb4 someone just posts the cheat here.

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, that'll probably happen. Hopefully nuku can either add a trigger in the game for winning with over 1000 points, or the person that posts it will be smart and put it in a spoiler.

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A trigger would be possible if I could save data.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ooo! I like the 1k goal. Needs more like that, the endings aren't much of a goal for me. About the save thing, download gargoyle and download the game. You can keep your saves as long as you want as long as you don't update. I love that.

Got the code, had to do Forgotten to get enough points. Points be hard :p

Last edited:

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I could POTENTIALLY make the OFFLINE version keep saves across versions, I think.

But since it would just completely not work online, I haven't investigated it too far.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you for the no scav confirmation! Little things like that make such a difference in smooth gameplay.

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Glad you like it. It was a suggestion from another player.

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

One of the authors returned with script. It's been codified and entered, and Orthas waits for YOUR help. I'm sure you don't want to disappoint the dragon.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Nuku, I rather like your game. I might spell-check it at some point, because I’ve noticed (and then almost immediately after, forgotten) the occasional glaring error, but in its totality it still manages to be great.

I have an idea, and though implementing it would be hellish and not something I expect will actually happen, I thought I might as well get it out there.

The main appeal of ero-transformation games like FS, I have personally found, is that the transformation has an effect; it is one thing to say that your penis is 900 inches long... but if the girl you are supposedly having sex with is not even that tall, and the text is telling you that you fit in nicely, having such equipment just feels pointless. FS does a good job with this to the most part - encounters take into account the size of the character's various sexual organs, which makes the hyper fan in me very happy, and generally improves the game even when it instead leads to the infectees chiding you for being too small.

However, while the four main sexual characteristics all have an effect on what occurs in the game due to their size... none of the other, non-stat mutations have much of an effect. I can be a full demon-brute wielding a chair, and a German Sheppard will still demand that I surrender to him or he'll rape me. I can be a walking penis abomination, and people will look at my engorged purple 'head', smile, and say "Oh hello there, new in town are you?" I can even be such an avatar of sexiness that inanimate objects grow boners as I walk by, but the masturbating latex fox is always going to decide that moving a few feet to jump me is not worth the hassle.

The problem, of course, is that a person's appearance does have an impact on how people respond to them - especially when your appearance can quite easily include totally inhuman features! The main aspects of a person's appearance that factor into a situation in FS, as I see it, are how intimidating the person is, how attractive the person is, and how freakish the person is. Attractiveness can be further split into three subcategories; feminine sexiness, masculine handsomeness, and cuteness.

My suggestion, which I realise will take a considerable deal of work, is that three to five variables are created – intimidation/masculinity, sexiness, weirdness, and optionally; cuteness and handsomeness. Every single body part that a player can be mutated into; all the different infections for heads, torsos, lower bodies, etc. that a player can get will have to add a different value to these variables.

A breakdown:

Sexiness is fairly self explanatory; a measure of typical female sexual appeal, exemplified by curves, dat ass, and also potentially increased by the size of the character's breasts.

Masculinity, or Intimidation if Handsomeness is added, is a measure of how fearsome a character appears. This is usually male, which is why it can be overlapped with male attractiveness, but sometimes is not: the bear, for instance, is very intimidating but female. Of course, you don't need to be male to be masculine, but if you separate it into scariness and handsomeness, you can make scenes specific to non-intimidating but attractive males.

Weirdness is a measure of how freakish the person has become; all mutations would give a small degree of this, because any regular human will find someone with a dog-head odd, even though that would be less infected than the norm for the survivors in FS. The only exceptions so far would be the 'Awesome' mutations, which have an oddness of 0 (and which I love), and the demon hound's 'gift'. But, tolerant as the survivors are, someone with tentacles for legs like the parasitic plant mutation, or a demon brute face, or a constant unwavering smile - or being nothing more than a gigantic disembodied penis... is something that even some of the other mutants would find a little freakish, and should be taken into consideration during interactions.

Cuteness is another self-explanatory variable. It is an attractiveness that does not need to be attributed to either gender, and usually causes a desire to protect the person possessing the cuteness. The exemplifying characteristics are small bodies (- though not always, the city sprites are more sexy than cute -) animal ears, disproportionately large hands and feet, and a generally innocent and usually youthful appearance. Just as they do in real life, some people may break down into ooohs and coochy-coos around something cute enough, like the Cute Chinchilla Woman, or the Drone Wasp, or the Felinid (or whichever one the cute cat girl was).

Handsomeness is the last form of attractiveness that shows through looks. Neither cute nor intimidating nor sexy, a person who wants a male that is not a circus strongman or a child, wants a creature who is handsome. The German Sheppard is probably best described as handsome, possibly the Latex Fox and Naga as well. The actual traits are hard to describe, but light muscles and tall bodies seem to be prominent.

All of these characteristics that show up in a person's form can have a significant impact on the things that happen in game, and adding in these variables would allow the game's scenes to become increasingly more dynamic based on the changing appearance of the player - something that only improves the game. It's one thing to add in a momentary description of the player character's body parts during a sex scene; it's another to have their partner actually remark on the character's attractiveness, and not just be using a stock line.

Imagine a group of infectees who will only allow you in if you are mutated enough; if you had the awesome set of mutations, they would technically be mutations and the group would let you in – but with a weirdness based check, they wouldn’t let you anywhere near. Think a person that will refuse to talk to you if you are too mutated; currently there is no way to tell the difference between a cock cannon, a parasitic plant, an Ashen, or any of the more normal mutations - not without making a ton of different checks for specific body part combinations. With weirdness, you can specifically mark the mutations as very weird, allowing such a situation to exist easily. A high intimidation might let the player bypass some enemies that are not suicidally stupid, and engage in some scenes of intimidating creatures into submission after beaten – it could add a basic description of how fearful and submissive the victim is during the scene. A high attractiveness, of all the different kinds, could be easily remarked upon during basically any sex act in the game so far – and could even allow for certain unique encounters, like the earlier mentioned latex fox trying to have sex with you instead of continuing to masturbate when you encounter it.

...Of course, the amount of work this would require could quite probably be crippling - just getting the variables on all the currently existing mutations would take a while... let alone modifying any of the currently existing scenes to respond to the new variables. However, if you think it sounds like something you would like to implement, do keep it in mind for if you ever decide to do a significant overhaul of the system.

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not a bad idea at all.

It'd just take months to implement.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, it sounds amazing, would be nice if Nuku had some more help with all the coding (If it's even possible to have multiple people working on it without breaking things, I have no idea.) and then it may be possible.

Oh, and how long is the new Orthas stuff? I've been trying not to download the game again just for a single new update (I did for a while :p) because I don't wanna get bored of it.

nuku_v

Demon Girl
Reputation score

2-3 scenes.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bump. He's still looking for writers for scenes and such, good chance to get your ideas in an awesome game I'd think.