What's new

Night Games [turn-based text rpg, sexfighting]

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Night Games [turn-based text rpg, sexfighting]

what's plaintext? How do i edit the save? I tried using texteditor but it doesn't find it

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Though I have to wonder how the main character can orgasm so much. I mean, MGQ kind of explains it (or you can reason it as MAGIC), but at least until higher level content, it seems this game is MOSTLY normal...

danceofmany

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for sharing it. Concept is fun, but so far I'm just shove-locking most fights which is kind of a bummer. Maybe throw in a reversal mechanic like if you guess if the opponent's next action is between mounting or stripping/arousing/attacking then you can turn the tables and not just lose a turn standing up.

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if raise your speed to like 13 you become pretty much unbeatable until the girls get to level 10+ unless you get caught in a trap(in particular spiderweb) or double teamed.

thswherizat

Reputation score

Are there any more daytime events with the girls? I did all three (Games, Sparring, Sex) with each, but I was wondering if they progress to anything else.

I haven't gotten the Spiral Thrust technique either. It's tough when I'm not sure if I just don't meet some requirement, or if that's all there is yet.

OP
Anon17564

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

Are there any more daytime events with the girls? I did all three (Games, Sparring, Sex) with each, but I was wondering if they progress to anything else.

I haven't gotten the Spiral Thrust technique either. It's tough when I'm not sure if I just don't meet some requirement, or if that's all there is yet.
You might need to be at a higher level or you might need to get the particular girl to like you, but there's two scenes for each option for each girl. It's random which one you get even when the alternative scene is available. Getting the uncommon scene is what teaches you the technique - so having sex with Jewel will sometimes give you a different scene where you'll learn Spiral Thrust if you don't have it already.

dndw

Reputation score

You might need to be at a higher level or you might need to get the particular girl to like you, but there's two scenes for each option for each girl. It's random which one you get even when the alternative scene is available. Getting the uncommon scene is what teaches you the technique - so having sex with Jewel will sometimes give you a different scene where you'll learn Spiral Thrust if you don't have it already.
This is not entirely correct, the second scene will always play the first time it's available. After that, it is chosen randomly. To make it available, you'll have to build up a relationship by fighting and, more importantly, spending time with them during the daytime. Basically, you'll need at least 18 encounters to get all three skills per girl. Skills become available in order, but the order differs per girl. Note that you do not have to actually learn them in order, if you go after the most difficult first, that's fine. It'll just take a while.

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

Fine, i figured it on my own. Download this

And open your save file with it. the rest is self explanatory

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

where do i fight Reyka? I'm level 17 and haven't seen her yet...

Anowon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You have to buy stuff from the Info Broker until "Additional Combatants" shows up.

Rofel Wodring

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is a great alpha so far. I like the premise and I also like the humor/writing. I also like how there are definite personality differences between Cassie/Mara/Jewel/Angel. I also really like the idea of the game going 'supernatural' after a certain breakpoint and the other contestants trying to keep up in the arms race. I also like how the game is totally neutral on the whole issue of maledom/femdomming and doesn't lean too hard in either direction, aside from the whole issue of the sole male being the PC. I also like the implied idea of having characters that are 'far out' being optional recruits. This gives leeway for people who dislike having furries, yaoi, or futa action in their battle fucking. I love all of the above but I realize that most people who play hentai games in general don't like these things. And anyway, the game already gets a little clogged with just five combatants, so letting people mix and match their opponents by preferred fetish might be the best compromise.

Right now, I only have three suggestions for the game: The first, more dialogue. This is the most important part of any game and while what's implemented so far is very good, a game could always use more variations. The second is that the action menu needs to be pruned a bit. First by having the buttons arranged more cleanly (perhaps by having seven buttons for power/cunning/seduction/magic/superscience/item/focus skills?) and also by discouraging people from just gathering up 40 different skills and cycling through them. Maybe the game could have an elementary deckbuilding mechanic where your actions have a point value assigned to them and you can only have as many skills equipped as you have points for them. Finally, I think the game could benefit a lot from having a female protagonist option. I know that this is a pretty involved project since the game revolves around the assumption that you're male, but this would greatly enhance the appeal of the game I think.

Last edited:

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

new update, he added hard mode

OP
Anon17564

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

And the bug has now been fixed. Giving the new version a go now, hopefully the UI's also been improved.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

In case anybody is having difficulty running this on a Mac, an easy way to do it is to open Terminal, browse to the directory its in (default is cd downloads) and then enter:
java -jar NightGamesETR1.jar

where NightGamesETR1.jar is whatever the name of the file is.

serrain

Reputation score

For those interested, there's been a new update to the game. Latest things to be added are item caches in the battleground, challenges that earn you extra money, new clothes to buy and wear, and a new catgirl combatant.

301stlegion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

*emerges from the deep shadows of lukerhood*

Just to let you guys that not only is this game still under development, someone just made a really cool mod. They added a bunch of body modifications that players and the AI can buy. Here is the modders (a guy called 'nergantre') post:

" Hey guys,

I managed to package up the mod I was working on. You can try it out here:

[Can't post the link due to supreme luker status but you can find it on his post over a fenoxo forums.]

PLEASE NOTE: This is not save compatible. If you try to load an old save, it'll probably crash and burn

There major changes from the original are:
Body parts were introduced. All skills were changed to target a body part with another part. This can change the strength of a skill
You can modify your body at the body shop once you rank up. The same applies for the girls. Warning: they will turn into herms rarely.
The AI was "improved" so that they have an increased chance of doing stuff they usually never do (like ass fuck, use fly etc).
Portraits were added (SilverBard added these to the latest official release too)
More information were added on the battle (more numbers!)
More traits were introduced (laced juices, vaginal tongue, powerful hips) etc. A bunch of old traits were changed so that they give more effects.
Example of a new trait: lacedjuices (actually this is an old trait, but silverbard left it unused), any kind of oral contact with a fluid producing body part makes the attacker receive half of the damage dealt.
Various bug fixes that I can't remember

Please note that this mod is not balanced at all. In fact, it's the opposite of balanced D:

Also, I am not a writer unfortunately. I made do, but if there are awkward sentences, let me know.

Let me know what you guys think. "

Anyway, my job is done.

*Fades back into anonymity*

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Question: How the hell do traps work?

I keep placing one in a room, then i hide and wait for someone to show up, but they skip directly to combat with me.

If I wait in another room for them to trip the trap, either i trip it myself, or they've already recovered from it by the time I get there.

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hello all,
I wanted to let you guys know that a new update has been released to Patreon supporters. The update will be available for everyone on Feb 3rd, but you can still pledge on Patreon to get it early.

If you're not interested in Patreon, you may still want to head to the development blog and grab the most recent public release. Some stuff has been added since this thread was last updated

Changelog for The UI Magic Update:

• Fixed typo in filename of one of Samantha's images
  • Changed trigger for pegging scenes to accommodate Eve
  • Fixed an issue with doublestrip
  • Submissive training now takes time
  • Adjusted the Magic Training scene selection. It's not perfect since the order of learning the skills has changed, but it's better
  • Reduced rate at which Kiss scales with seduction
  • Added Foreplay and Finisher flags to skills.
  • Foreplay skills do more damage at low arousal
  • Finisher skills do more damage at high arousal
  • Kiss is now flagged as Foreplay
  • Tickle is now flagged as Foreplay if user does not have Tickle Monster perk
  • Fondle Breasts is now flagged as Foreplay if target is not topless
  • Finger and Handjob are now flagged as Finishers
  • Thrust and Piston are now flagged as Finishers
  • Tighten is now flagged as Finisher
  • Added a title screen
  • Implemented some of InvalidCharacter's UI changes
  • Integrated, with some fiddling, dndw's dynamic comment framework
  • Added the comments from the mod that are applicable to the base game (changed a few)
  • NPCs now rank up properly on reaching levels 20 and 30
  • Reduced base exp gain for combat
  • There's now a random chance of original victory/defeat scenes triggering after advanced ones are unlocked
  • Added level requirements and prerequisites to Feats
  • Buffed Leadership feat;
  • New Feat: Tactician, buffs pet evasion
  • Pets now scale slightly with their governing attribute
  • Added a simple system where Items can be temporarily removed until end of battle
  • Strapons are now temporarily removed after use, preventing them from being equipped multiple times in a fight
  • Completely reactored the mess that was Tickle. It's much cleaner, hopefully I didn't break anything
  • Added new Cassie Draw scene. Requires both player and her to be magic users
  • Added new Angel Victory scene
  • Added new Mara daytime scene for magic users

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The most recent update has been publicly released. You can download it for free at:
Silverbardgames.com
or
Patreon.com/silverbardgames

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There is a new update available to Patreon Backers. The public release will be in a week from today.

Changelog:

• Added the sweet active minimap from the mod
  • Removed the old map since it's kinda obsolete
  • Fixed an issue where ambushes from IllusionTrap did not work
  • Added new advanced attribute: Ninjutsu
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Smoke Bomb
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Steal
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Needle
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Substitute
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Bunshin Assault
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Bunshin Service
  • New Ninjutsu skill: Goodnight Kiss
  • Fixed an issue where Dissolving Traps were not getting removed after triggering
  • Fixed an issue where Shamed was not stacking
  • At Ninjutsu 5 or higher, a couple shortcuts are added between areas
  • At Ninjutsu 9 or higher, a hidden stash will be added to a random area each night where you can resupply
  • Added a hermaphroditic pet to the Fetish skillset, a Fetish Goblin
  • Fixed an issue where opponents' stamina messages where displayed incorrectly between 6 and 8 perception
  • Added in a simple counter to track how long it has been since you visited each girl. I'm not doing much with it other for one of Cassie's threesome scenes.
  • Reward money for Challenges now scales with Rank
  • Added three scenes introducing the Ninjutsu trainer.
  • You can meet the Ninjutsu trainer randomly by exercising if you are at least Rank 1
  • After completing her introduction scenes, she'll give you one free lesson a day, along with some items
  • Fiddled with some GUI stuff. I'm not sure if it's an improvement
  • Increased duration of Braced