What's new

RPG [nergalsnest] Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game) RPGMaker

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game)

A few people have asked Nergal to clean the game up. They felt like they were being ignored so I made the poll to see if people even care. He does plan on fixing things but I was just wondering if people wanted it now or later. That is why I made the poll.

Plus my knowledge of RPGMaker isn't too extensive like with Renpy where someone could fix everything they wanted too if they just took the time to do so. Look at Oni who fixes up the code for Rogue Like every few months to make sure it is constantly up to date. I always saw it as Renpy and RPGMaker were about the same but guess that isn't the case.
You can do some heavy modifications on RPG Maker VX as long as you really know your way with Ruby, I mean, look at Malice and the Machine. And even then there are limitations on what you can do. I don't really know how much has Nergal modified the core of RPG Maker VX for his games but I think this is more of a case of just cleaning up the game itself and not the engine, like some pass through tiles that shouldn't be passable, the inventory and bugs from events.

I still think the bugs count is very low considering they don't render the game unplayable, it's not a 1.0 version and the open ended feature of the game. Either that or I was just very lucky when I played it.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You can do some heavy modifications on RPG Maker VX as long as you really know your way with Ruby, I mean, look at Malice and the Machine. And even then there are limitations on what you can do. I don't really know how much has Nergal modified the core of RPG Maker VX for his games but I think this is more of a case of just cleaning up the game itself and not the engine, like some pass through tiles that shouldn't be passable, the inventory and bugs from events.

I still think the bugs count is very low considering they don't render the game unplayable, it's not a 1.0 version and the open ended feature of the game. Either that or I was just very lucky when I played it.
I get slow down here and there. When going into the alley outside the house I get slow down and the known Sex Scenes freezes as well.

Urban Demons is the worst as of right now as the game is broken in so many areas. You can run almost everywhere outside the house like the 2 store. There are no barriers set up to keep you from running into things so sometimes you can run up walls and other places.

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I get slow down here and there. When going into the alley outside the house I get slow down and the known Sex Scenes freezes as well.

Urban Demons is the worst as of right now as the game is broken in so many areas. You can run almost everywhere outside the house like the 2 store. There are no barriers set up to keep you from running into things so sometimes you can run up walls and other places.
In RPGMaker, aside from MV which has lag issues regardless, most lag is caused by having too many events on one map. The only way to resolve this is to remove events, not a good choice or event possible some times, or to break up maps into multiple smaller one so that there are fewer events per map, can be annoying but is most often the only solution.

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Well, UD is barely 0.2 right now, it's barely leaving the "pitching an idea" realm. But I do expect to get cleaned up maps in future releases.

And I didn't noticed slow downs nor see any scene freeze. Maybe it's the same reason I don't notice slow downs on MV :p (funny thing though, I keep getting serious slow down on the Evil Goddess game where apparently no one else does :confused:)

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, UD is barely 0.2 right now, it's barely leaving the "pitching an idea" realm. But I do expect to get cleaned up maps in future releases.

And I didn't noticed slow downs nor see any scene freeze. Maybe it's the same reason I don't notice slow downs on MV :p (funny thing though, I keep getting serious slow down on the Evil Goddess game where apparently no one else does :confused:)
It really depends on your system. The only times I experience lag in RPGMaker games, aside from MV, is when someone puts too many events on one map. I only ran into this one time as the creator just made one massive map with all the different rooms in it which was a massively stupid idea that he later resolved as his game was crashing people's computers.

Caen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

should've make that poll after the games "finished", so you can decide whether they need to be "cleaned" or not, as they both still in update status. wouldn't want people to think the game is not being fixed (each update) now, would we?

or perhaps nergal can take more times (to "clean" things up) BEFORE the final release... to ensure a stable result. so cleaning things up when the games not fully peak is quite wasting time as he will add more contents in the future. like majin said, bugs may have a chance to appear each time you add contents...

Last edited:

GS_Yosuke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

should've make that poll after the games "finished", so you can decide whether they need to be "cleaned" or not, as they both still in update status. wouldn't want people to think the game is not being fixed (each update) now, would we?

or perhaps nergal can take more times (to "clean" things up) BEFORE the final release... to ensure a stable result. so cleaning things up when the games not fully peak is quite wasting time as he will add more contents in the future. like majin said, bugs may have a chance to appear each time you add contents...
From what i understand the game is alpha-tested before every release by multiple people to catch the big problems while smaller stuff (like walk-through tiles) is actively tracked, but adding more content takes precedence at this point. Also Nergal's plan is to support the game in some capacity post v1.0 release. No new gameplay features or major additions as the game would be complete by that point, but new scenes/art/dialogue might be added etc. That period of development should not introduce too many new bugs and that's probably when the game will also be cleaned up nicely.

Mr. Awesome78

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Tried the cheats but still couldn't get into the game. Guess this one just isn't for me.

Thanks for the info though chaps.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For those not on Patreon/Discord (yet) : there will be a Q&A with Glassfish (Urban Demons artist) over the Discord server this coming Sunday around 8 pm GMT. If you wish to talk to her and/or Nergal about that game, feel free to log-in.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not a fan at all of the huge disproportionate boobs in Zombie Life, but the game is really fun. If I understand well 0.6 means that half the story is finished, isn't it?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ There's not much of a story per se, it's more like each girl has her part inside the whole thing ..... 0.7 should be coming by the end of the month and introduce 3somes and get Perez out of school. As for story again, not much should happen-ish.

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Well, I think there is a "main story" and it's pretty much the doctor's route.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ There's not much of a story per se, it's more like each girl has her part inside the whole thing ..... 0.7 should be coming by the end of the month and introduce 3somes and get Perez out of school. As for story again, not much should happen-ish.
Ah good, Perez is the most sexy and interesting one for me :D

Well, I think there is a "main story" and it's pretty much the doctor's route.
Indeed.

TitanMeteor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not a fan at all of the huge disproportionate boobs in Zombie Life, but the game is really fun. If I understand well 0.6 means that half the story is finished, isn't it?
the 0.6 just refers to the update or patch number not the amount of progress towards the game being finished. So it could be any number like .24 or .065 .etc depending on how a developer does their naming. :D

FargoonU

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the art ! Waiting eagerly for the game to be finished !

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

0.7 beta out for Patrons. Beta 2 coming [soon] with 1 added animation (when Nergal receives it).

Caen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

0.7 beta out for Patrons. Beta 2 coming [soon] with 1 added animation (when Nergal receives it).
what's new in this one bro? struggle scene?

cmacleod42

Reputation score

what's new in this one bro? struggle scene?
From a download site, probably correct

0.7 Change Set:

New Art:
* Perez V3 (Doggy gloryhole)
* Perez V4 (Hair pull)
* Mom / Sis Threesome
* Mom / Aunt Threesome
* Aunt / Sis Threesome
* Sis Struggle Scene Art (During Isabelle Drug Fetch Quest)
* Aunt Struggle Scene Art (During Isabelle Drug Fetch Quest)

Major Changes:

NOTE:
Relationship values are currently frozen. I’m going to be working on making the experience less linear and allowing a more fluid system of gaining relatinship that effects the dialogue. (Similar to UD.)

* Item Trading Interface (Bit of a bitch)
– You now have an interface when trading items
– It shows player inventory and trader inventory
– NPCs wont immediately accept a trade each item has a “worth” and the trade won’t be accepted until the “worth” of their trading items matches yours
– Your “Talk” stat provides a modifier to this “worth” value (x1.X – where X is your talk stat)
* Chance a random trader will visit base camp
* Trader added to North West City (in formerly blocked building)
* Failing a struggle scene no longer results in game over
– Instead characters clothing begins to get torn off
– After 3 failures the character will become naked
– If the player fails a struggle scene when the character is naked then game over
* You can pick up clothes from the new clothing store (SW) and give them to NPCs
– This will future expand into different outfits
* You can now get NPCs to go with you when scavenging

Minor Changes:
* You now have to give Isabelle 8 items to start her questline, but medicine is now only worth 1
* Added small dialogue to the Sonya return scene
* Allowed Sis/Aunt to be selected during Isabelle drug fetch quest
* Fixed a fair few bugs
* The basic resources are no longer considered key items
* Key items can no longer be dropped
* You no longer have to come back after giving Sonya 5 items – she gives you the quest right away

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Aunt/sis 3some isn't in there yet, Nergal put it up by mistake.

dienow

Reputation score

How do you use the hatchet to open the aunt's door in the apartments?