What's new

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: moding sucubus quest

Is there a certain file I need to make the cum scenes work? It seems that in the Japanese files it has something to do with the SQ_Patch file while it works just fine with the Japanese version of it if I use the English version it gives me an error at dungeon start.

Anyone know what file I need to make the English SQ_Patch bounce the same way as the Japanese one?
You cannot use any other sq_patch.rb, its code overrides and messes up my own. You can translate what's in yours, though :p

People must understand existing mods CANNOT work with any translation... You MUST translate the mods first, obviously.^_^

Anyway, the cum scenes work fine in my version b- they just occur later than in the jap mods (after the first reality hits)
You'll need appropriate __S and __Z files in the battlers folder (same as with jap mods). I've explained that before, and provided the relevant files.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Ooooh a new patch to play around with, huzzah! Time to get crackin'. Thanks for keeping the translations coming Strange!

SilverJonas

Lurker
Reputation score

You cannot use any other sq_patch.rb, its code overrides and messes up my own. You can translate what's in yours, though :p

People must understand existing mods CANNOT work with any translation... You MUST translate the mods first, obviously.^_^

Anyway, the cum scenes work fine in my version b- they just occur later than in the jap mods (after the first reality hits)
You'll need appropriate __S and __Z files in the battlers folder (same as with jap mods). I've explained that before, and provided the relevant files.
So they occur just later in the game? I was kinda going as far as the how much you've translated so far because I'am using your graphics and decided to use some Japanese files when I saw they weren't working. Though if it's just because I haven't advanced enough in the game to make them work then that's alright. :) Thanks for the help!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ooooh a new patch to play around with, huzzah! Time to get crackin'. Thanks for keeping the translations coming Strange!
Now that's nice to hear! :eek:

So they occur just later in the game? I was kinda going as far as the how much you've translated so far because I'am using your graphics and decided to use some Japanese files when I saw they weren't working. Though if it's just because I haven't advanced enough in the game to make them work then that's alright. :) Thanks for the help!
Errr, no. They're supposed to occur anytime your're 1-Male (obviously;)) 2-EP = 0 (more obviously:p)
...And 3-you DID turn on the bukkake option in the system menu, under your main character screen....... Haven't you? :)

SilverJonas

Lurker
Reputation score

Errr, no. They're supposed to occur anytime your're 1-Male (obviously;)) 2-EP = 0 (more obviously:p)
...And 3-you DID turn on the bukkake option in the system menu, under your main character screen....... Haven't you? :)
No! Like I was supposed to notice the most obvious of changes when your translation made everything visible in my eyes. In short no I didn't notice kinda feels like an epic doh moment on my part. >.<

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

epic doh moment
<epic facepalm > ;)

...Hey, it's my fault; I felt it was wrong (towards SQDT's work) to force players into bukkake, so I've made that an option (disabled by default).
Ater all, they included all these "18-" options... And bukkake arguably fits the universe, but hey, why not?
SQ is definitely unlike most japanese eroge - all for the best, if you ask me. So yeah, it was just my grain of salt.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

It's nice to get more dialogue translated, just can't wait for the 'defeat' parts to be too :p

Though I note this makes it obvious that Ayxect having two stages of undress is either a mod, or added in later.

SilverJonas

Lurker
Reputation score

<epic facepalm > ;)

...Hey, it's my fault; I felt it was wrong (towards SQDT's work) to force players into bukkake, so I've made that an option (disabled by default).
Ater all, they included all these "18-" options... And bukkake arguably fits the universe, but hey, why not?
SQ is definitely unlike most japanese eroge - all for the best, if you ask me. So yeah, it was just my grain of salt.
Mmm I could understand that I guess despite the whole battle system is about who's the better whore :D. I could also recall a mod that actually had some mechanic that showed bukkake when you orgasmed. (like upper body when attacked by mouth or tits and lower for foot etc.) Well couldn't point it to you now though. :(

Really though thanks for translating this game it got me and probable alot of people into BF well actually the first game more so but this is like almost a dream come true man. I'd love to help you too but I'm unfamiliar with most things revolving Japanese language or RPG makers etc. So that degrades my usefulness but if you think I could help with something just give a ring and i'll give a hand.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Mmm I could understand that I guess despite the whole battle system is about who's the better whore :D. I could also recall a mod that actually had some mechanic that showed bukkake when you orgasmed. (like upper body when attacked by mouth or tits and lower for foot etc.) Well couldn't point it to you now though. :(

Really though thanks for translating this game it got me and probable alot of people into BF well actually the first game more so but this is like almost a dream come true man. I'd love to help you too but I'm unfamiliar with most things revolving Japanese language or RPG makers etc. So that degrades my usefulness but if you think I could help with something just give a ring and i'll give a hand.
You can always lend a hand by pointing out any typos or grammar errors! :D
That's all I can really do myself, and I think Strange appreciates it!

hunters1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

um.... i dont know if this is considered necro (have never really posted on an inactive post b4) but is the translation as complete as its gana get?

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

um.... i dont know if this is considered necro (have never really posted on an inactive post b4) but is the translation as complete as its gana get?
Looks like it. Strange hasn't logged in since his last post I think... and I don't think anyone else has figured out how to translate the game.

MOchaea

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hate to bring this thread back up but does anyone have the battlers folder mentioned earlier in the thread? It wasn't included past v0.03 and the links for it are dead :(

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Modding Succubus Quest

On a lark I started translating SQ 1 as I played with ITH and TA. My Japanese and programming skills are poor but after 10 hours I have the introduction scenes to the first map, many battle texts and state responses finished. Tweaking the scripts line by line and seeing how the game explodes is much more relaxing than I thought. Translating using TA feels like solving crossword puzzles.

I will post the translation when I get far enough, but is there a fully modded version of SQ 1 floating around the internet somewhere? The torrent from Sukebei seems to be the plain one and I can't make the Attache Case program work.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Modding Succubus Quest

On a lark I started translating SQ 1 as I played with ITH and TA. My Japanese and programming skills are poor but after 10 hours I have the introduction scenes to the first map, many battle texts and state responses finished. Tweaking the scripts line by line and seeing how the game explodes is much more relaxing than I thought. Translating using TA feels like solving crossword puzzles.

I will post the translation when I get far enough, but is there a fully modded version of SQ 1 floating around the internet somewhere? The torrent from Sukebei seems to be the plain one and I can't make the Attache Case program work.
Don't tease me good sir! This series is the near beginning of all BF games despite registered as Sexual Combat. This should've been translated years ago but alas the will and interest was lacking...Still no sense crying over the non-existent I PM'ed you a modded version of the game I have. Not entirely sure if it's the latest but it does contain extra dialog +cream scenes. (Minus Est for some reason despite the pictures being in the battler folder the event doesn't trigger.) After unziping em just drag them into you SQ folder and it should place itself. I'd make a backup just in case though.

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't tease me good sir! This series is the near beginning of all BF games despite registered as Sexual Combat. This should've been translated years ago but alas the will and interest was lacking...Still no sense crying over the non-existent I PM'ed you a modded version of the game I have. Not entirely sure if it's the latest but it does contain extra dialog +cream scenes. (Minus Est for some reason despite the pictures being in the battler folder the event doesn't trigger.) After unziping em just drag them into you SQ folder and it should place itself. I'd make a backup just in case though.
Excellent, thank you so much!

I'll go through and see how all of the script changes compare to the vanilla version I have, then start porting over what I've got. Trying to do a map/room a day with some battle dialogue in between. So far I've got the intro, many enemy attacks, the first town and the first dungeon translated.

I'm planning on posting the data files for the translation next weekend once I have a more sizable chunk to distribute. It's also my first time playing the game and I'm translating as I go, so expect some need to double-back and re-add foreshadowing for things that didn't make sense at the time (looking at you, Guildenstern).

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Spent quite a while messing around with the add-ons. Changes seem to be:

Configurable protagonist weak points
Hard Mode
Naked Mode
Switch that toggles different dialogue
CG change when inserted, cream, etc
A massive increase in enemies with their own skills, etc.

This looks like it really improves the game a whole lot, but triples the amount of data needing to be translated. Sadly I haven't been able to find a data reader for the scripts, so editing the patch files involves renaming them and creating a new game for the expansion then saving and renaming, etc.

As much as I prefer not to, I'm going to focus on translating the vanilla game and then see where we're at with patches after it's finished. If it's easier than it looks or more tools come along, that'll be great. Someone else may be willing to build on the work as well.

Yelbel and the foes there have been translated, so that's one town and two dungeons so far.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Another pretty big mod is the option for a female Axcyet. Which does change up the gameplay quite a bit as I recall...

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Spent quite a while messing around with the add-ons. Changes seem to be:

Configurable protagonist weak points
Hard Mode
Naked Mode
Switch that toggles different dialogue
CG change when inserted, cream, etc
A massive increase in enemies with their own skills, etc.

This looks like it really improves the game a whole lot, but triples the amount of data needing to be translated. Sadly I haven't been able to find a data reader for the scripts, so editing the patch files involves renaming them and creating a new game for the expansion then saving and renaming, etc.

As much as I prefer not to, I'm going to focus on translating the vanilla game and then see where we're at with patches after it's finished. If it's easier than it looks or more tools come along, that'll be great. Someone else may be willing to build on the work as well.

Yelbel and the foes there have been translated, so that's one town and two dungeons so far.
Figured it wouldn't be that easy but I'd be well satisfied with just a vanilla translation. Also I think the female Ayext is also included in the mod I gave em.

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sadly without any external tools the setup time to edit the mods eats up a lot of effort with each session. It's the perfect place to build upon once the base game is done, though.

The Guruppen Highway, Yelbel, and Raum are done. I'm going to finish the event at the entrance to Imperial City Guruppen then wrap up the sex attack descriptions, sex dialogue, and any loose ends for up until that part in the game. It's maybe about 1-2 hours of playtime and from the files it looks like between 5-10% complete.

Translated files will be posted on Wednesday or Thursday evening, then I'll be away for a week and unable to make changes. The formatting for some parts is ugly and unpolished from when I was learning ruby commands. It will need a second pass later, but there shouldn't be a problem understanding what's being said.

The only major bug I've found is something I thought I'd be able to solve myself, but no luck so far: For some damn reason, the lower case "m" doesn't show up in main dialogue boxes. I've tried some default fonts like Verdana, etc, but it's still missing - I'm assuming it's something in the script that I'm overlooking. If anyone's encountered something like this and has ideas about a solution I can give a try, I'd really appreciate it.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The only major bug I've found is something I thought I'd be able to solve myself, but no luck so far: For some damn reason, the lower case "m" doesn't show up in main dialogue boxes. I've tried some default fonts like Verdana, etc, but it's still missing - I'm assuming it's something in the script that I'm overlooking. If anyone's encountered something like this and has ideas about a solution I can give a try, I'd really appreciate it.
That's an issue with the dialogue interpreter. Serious headache I got over this...
In the window_message script, look for:
if c == "\555"
and replace with:
if c == "\555" and text.size == 0

I think this alone solved the issue... I might have tinkered a bit more to get this 'whole keeping' thingy working, but try this for a start.