What's new

ACT [ MKBN2] エア[S]イド (RJ202124)

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] エアイド

Judge not a hentai game by its mechanics, but by its hentai..

The animations and sounds are repetitious, there is no satisfying finish
animation, and worst of all, the only gallery on the main menu seems
to showcase the CG, which is like going to a fancy restaurant and asking for
a family-serving of bread rolls.

Also, as someone who's played super metroid, seeing the metroids as completely un-animated very bulky-looking
jellyfish-woman blobs was almost cringe-worthy.. Part of me feels like they didn't even try, and just wanted to
make a bootleg hentai game..

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Whereabouts is the boss of the lava area? Can't seem to find it no matter where i look.
You gotta use the speed run ability to run through the walls in the big cavern areas with the red shooter guys.

Was having a decent time until what I assume is the second boss, the one with the acid floor you cant step in and the acid pillars you have to dodge through the game's unbelievably wonky air mechanics and the rising of the acid floor which, when I finally managed to hit one of the temp platforms and stand on to avoid, the platform didn't last long enough through the rising of the acid floor and dumped me back into it, at which point I proceeded to audibly and loudly laugh out loud at the horrible design that is the marriage of this boss and the game's design flaws.

Yeah. This game can go get fucked. I'm glad I didn't buy it.
Yeah the game seems random due to how easy it is to skip important upgrades. If you do the lava area second after getting high jump, then the acid floor boss is a joke. The easiest order to do the areas appears to be lava => water then the final. I have no idea how I managed to miss the twin vulcan, beamslash or proton buster upgrades but apparently I did. Seriously the game just isn't well designed and the H-content is weak at best.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Now this game is a bait and switch, if I've ever seen one. Such solid spritework, but its as if he stopped giving a damn when it came to the actual content. Can't even bear playing it.

Roan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, I am actually having a blast with this game.

You can cheese so much stuff if you know how to bomb juggle and wall jump on this game, especially when he allowed to wall jump of the same wall. You could both of these on Super Metroid, and it's incredibly useful so far.

I just got a 2nd e-tank and haven't met the 2nd boss... I am pretty sure I went somewhere I shouldn't since I apparently need a suit to survive the hot area...

HEADING BACK! Just gotta wall jump...

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

You can cheese so much stuff if you know how to bomb juggle and wall jump on this game, especially when he allowed to wall jump of the same wall. You could both of these on Super Metroid, and it's incredibly useful so far.

I just got a 2nd e-tank and haven't met the 2nd boss... I am pretty sure I went somewhere I shouldn't since I apparently need a suit to survive the hot area...

That's not actually necessary. I'm pretty sure the suit is in the lava area, just avoid traveling to the hot spots.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

its there a way to change screen to full ? since the 1x its to small and 2x goes out from my screen -_- ?

i mean its there a way to make it bigger without get outside of screen? or full screen mode?

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

lol how do you get the ice beam? I beat the shrimp arena with just full charged shots and a lot of patience.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Can anyone provide saves at the different save points? I gotta admit even the first boss was giving me some issues and I just can't bring up enough GAF to beat him, and trying to go back through those latching metroid ladies makes me wanna slap myself

Last edited:

scrumpy80

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, I seem to be having an awful problem with the framerate. The game's running way too slow I think. I know it's not a question of computer power because I can run other games, so does anyone have ideas? It takes the character an entire second just to turn her sprite, and about 2 seconds to recover from a melee attack. Is this how it plays for you guys?

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this game's pretty good. i'd gladly throw my money at it if it was on the english dl site. hopefully it gets there.

Passerby

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Kinda in the same boat. It's been good for slipping through holes in the ceiling and getting to some high jump areas early, but I can't help but wonder the stuff I actually missed. For instance, apparently everyone seems to have the ice beam before the lava area, and I haven't seen a single sign of it. Then something about a charge shot? That sounds useful.

By the way, for the red slime boss a few people seem to be having trouble with: Definitely grab the high jump first, unless you're good at wall jumping. I went into that fight with 5 energy tanks which was necessary the first couple times (had to do it three times cuz save points).

While air maneuverability isn't great, just focus on hopping between platforms and farming the little green orbs for tasty tasty health. When the big green orb pops up, just unload a couple missles into it and start heading for high ground. Sometimes it's worth just heading to one of the high platforms even if the big green orb appears super early in the blob attacks, just because that acid bath *hurts*.

Once you get the hang of farming the little orbs you can actually heal up pretty well during the fight whenever you need to, though. Just have patience and make sure you can reliably get up to the high (non-temporary) platform that you came in at.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Judge not a hentai game by its mechanics, but by its hentai..
While I agree H is obviously an important part of h-games, if it isn't fun to play, or worse, is frustrating, it'd be better off non-interactive. Gameplay vs Hentai is a balancing act, this just falls on the other side short of the sweetspot.

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How do you guys make saving work in the first place.
i get into the capsule and press a button, then there pops up "saved" over the capsule.
When i die or the game closes and restart. i click on "game" and all svefiles are blank.

Am i missing something?

laarix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't even experience the game. The instructions are unclear and unintuitive for someone who never played metroid or played a lot of old school platforms and this make it impossible for me to even go through the first boss and since the h is subpar i don't even see the need to. As for the matter of h/gameplay one should put the h first imho. If one wants a good platform/shooter/rpg/etc there are plenty of really good legit non-h ones that are generally better. Of course it doesn't mean that we can't enjoy it when you get good h AND gameplay but i look at the quality of the h more than to the quality of the game itself as long as it's playable and not bugged.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How do you guys make saving work in the first place.
i get into the capsule and press a button, then there pops up "saved" over the capsule.
When i die or the game closes and restart. i click on "game" and all svefiles are blank.

Am i missing something?
that sounds like you need to run as admin to give the game permission to save

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

that sounds like you need to run as admin to give the game permission to save
Im a dummy. i thought it wasnt released yet. I had the demo. it doesnt have saves at it seems.
Thank you for your quick response!

This game got some real balancing issues. they designed the game in many ways to give you the feeling being treated unfair in my opinion.

- Hits shouldnt let you fall through platform when its already so clunky to proceed vertically and there are like no excisting savepoints
- Enemy bullets have infinite range and do not vanish outside of the screen. Yours can only hit within in sight, making it borderline impossible to hit the flies most of the times
- The floaty jumping (active change of acceleration during movement) makes platforming difficult in the first place. What upsets me over and over is that you canot see where you are going. In my opinion the most elegant and actually quite easy way of fixing it, would be zooming out when you start jumping, you should never be left helpless by being unable to see platforms below you. The cam should actively zoom out the longer you hold jumpbutton = the higher you jump, to always keep platform in sight.
- enemies have an insane likeyhood to mess you up on platforms mainly to the extremely short range of sight. often hitting you or forcing you to retreat and do trial and error, most often getting hit and drop through the platform.
- All these things together make the flies section with the elevating platform a massive pile of anger to me

edit: fine im done.
i finally made it up to the high jump part and the water came back. I had to float upwards throught he tight tunnel and got chain-hit by the fishes. dead. That wasnt worth it at all to make the effort 6 times through the jumping puzzle to get one-shot without a chance

Last edited:

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

lol how do you get the ice beam? I beat the shrimp arena with just full charged shots and a lot of patience.
Ice Beam is granted to you shortly after beating the lava boss (the lava boss is a giant green sphere which has weak spots at its bottom corners, after short amount of damage it drops a ball and chain and you need to punch the ball to give you breathing room while you try to attack the boss). The Ice beams kills the shrimps in one hit. Good job on beating the shrimp arena though. I could not do it without the ice beam.

You can pick which area you do first as the water area does have a breakable wall that leads back to the center area without you actually needing the wall piercing wideshot. If you do decide to do the lava area first, you'll find the water area super easy.

zipetya

Reputation score

Phew, I'm actually a little relieved that it isn't just me then. Quite frustrating, this one is!
The first time I almost ragequit was the very beginning, when I wasted a good 30 minutes not knowing that the purple door needs a grenade hit to open... Then there was the acid water slime green orb boss. And having to make it there from the save point, over and over and... Good riddance. Also, making it to the lava boss with withered health and not having saved in half an hour. I swear, I would have rage-shiftdeleted it if I wouldn't have survived that battle by a miracle - and the double beam ('Twin Valcan').

Also, wall jumping?! WTF! lol
I defo wouldn't have found out about that were it not for the forum. Hope I didn't miss any upgrades... By the shrimp arena you guys mean the water map before the greean orb boss, where you have to kill ~6-7 of those purple 'shrimps' before you can enter the boss room? Or did I also miss this? After dying from the green orb boss, I had to make it through these "shrimps" every time... Without the ice beam... Not great...

Alas, I am completely stuck now, I think. The only area -to my knowledge- where I haven't been is the non-working elevator near the beginning, to the left. With high jump, you can access that aea, but shit if I know what to do there. There are orange tiles on the floor which can be destroyed with a grenade, but there is nowhere to go and/or squeeze into... Please advise!

Hmm, just remembered that there is another area somewhere where you need speed up to continue. But I think it is only for a grenade number power-up. And hell if I can remember where it was... Off to looking!

...and yeah, the h-content is lacking!

EDIT: Yup, that was the road leading up to the final boss' area. Apparently, you can store 'Speed Up' for a while and use it as an upward momentum to break through certain tiles... Bet that's where some of them remaining items are - 70%. Seesh!

Last edited:

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Phew, I'm actually a little relieved that it isn't just me then. Quite frustrating, this one is!
The first time I almost ragequit was the very beginning, when I wasted a good 30 minutes not knowing that the purple door needs a grenade hit to open... Then there was the acid water slime green orb boss. And having to make it there from the save point, over and over and... Good riddance. Also, making it to the lava boss with withered health and not having saved in half an hour. I swear, I would have rage-shiftdeleted it if I wouldn't have survived that battle by a miracle - and the double beam ('Twin Valcan').

Also, wall jumping?! WTF! lol
I defo wouldn't have found out about that were it not for the forum. Hope I didn't miss any upgrades... By the shrimp arena you guys mean the water map before the greean orb boss, where you have to kill ~6-7 of those purple 'shrimps' before you can enter the boss room? Or did I also miss this? After dying from the green orb boss, I had to make it through these "shrimps" every time... Without the ice beam... Not great...

Alas, I am completely stuck now, I think. The only area -to my knowledge- where I haven't been is the non-working elevator near the beginning, to the left. With high jump, you can access that aea, but shit if I know what to do there. There are orange tiles on the floor which can be destroyed with a grenade, but there is nowhere to go and/or squeeze into... Please advise!

Hmm, just remembered that there is another area somewhere where you need speed up to continue. But I think it is only for a grenade number power-up. And hell if I can remember where it was... Off to looking!

...and yeah, the h-content is lacking!
Okay if you are stuck at the nonfunctioning elevator area where you need to use that super metroid trick that only 100% completionists would know about.

So get rid of the bomb tiles with your missile bombs. Then get ready to do the dash run (er, you do have that right? You should have it anyway), then when the run is charged, press down to crouch. If done correctly, your character is now glowing. Stand under the square tiles and press up slightly before pressing jump. Your character should then do a dash run upwards. Be thankful that unlike in super metroid, being in charge run glowy mode doesn't drain health.

zipetya

Reputation score

Okay if you are stuck at the nonfunctioning elevator area where you need to use that super metroid trick that only 100% completionists would know about.

So get rid of the bomb tiles with your missile bombs. Then get ready to do the dash run (er, you do have that right? You should have it anyway), then when the run is charged, press down to crouch. If done correctly, your character is now glowing. Stand under the square tiles and press up slightly before pressing jump. Your character should then do a dash run upwards. Be thankful that unlike in super metroid, being in charge run glowy mode doesn't drain health.
Didn't see your reply, but just figured it out myself. Saw the 'Speed Up needed' tiles on top and figured I need to do something with that. Some trial and error ensued, and luckily I tried with the down button as well. :D