What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [mickmanx] Nightmare Sphere 2

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nightmare Sphere 2

Yeah the dev stopped working on that when the Fukushima disaster happened years back

There was an update on his blog, looks like he does one around the start of each month, no demo of the H content yet but it does look like the game is coming together quite nicely.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Bumping because something worth bumping happened.

The dev posted an update with videos last week, and the second one shows what the H content will be like at around the 7 minute mark. Looks more detailed than his earlier games, with an "internal shot" cutin.

Sadly, it looks like this one will not be a metroidvania. It seems to have stages you can go back to however, with performance evaluations at the end. So still some incentive to explore.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bumping because something worth bumping happened.

The dev posted an update with videos last week, and the second one shows what the H content will be like at around the 7 minute mark. Looks more detailed than his earlier games, with an "internal shot" cutin.

Sadly, it looks like this one will not be a metroidvania. It seems to have stages you can go back to however, with performance evaluations at the end. So still some incentive to explore.
There's actually a birthing scene towards the end of the second movie. Drains HP to zero and knocks her out until the "offspring" is born. It's a hostile unit and must be killed together with whatever is present at the time.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The gameplay is looking absolutely excellent, but the H was just teased, so for now we can't know how that will turn out to be. Overrall I'm just happy that this dev is back, but I fear the game might become like its predecessors, good gameplay but mediocre hentai. Also, I think that ogre in the second video ejaculated his whole body fluids right there damn.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The gameplay is looking absolutely excellent, but the H was just teased, so for now we can't know how that will turn out to be. Overrall I'm just happy that this dev is back, but I fear the game might become like its predecessors, good gameplay but mediocre hentai. Also, I think that ogre in the second video ejaculated his whole body fluids right there damn.
There's really only so much you can do with sprites if your game has a large enemy list..
There's basically two ways to do H with sprites:
You either have custom interactions with every enemy.. which means you're making animation sprite sets.. -for every enemy-. This is basically how Hounds of the Blade does it (3D models, but the models are posed and converted to sprites rather than dynamic 3D movement.. though that may have changed now that he's using Unity). Super time and resource consuming.
The other way is to have a set of situation poses, and design enemy poses to "fit" those poses. This allows for greater diversity among your enemies since you don't have to do as much spriting for each, but the "quality of the H" tends to suffer.

Games like Mugen use a combination of both approaches.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

hmmmm, i liked it better when we get to have a small army on our side. It's what made this game unique comparing to other ACT games.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hmmmm, i liked it better when we get to have a small army on our side. It's what made this game unique comparing to other ACT games.
has he mentioned one way or the other if there'll be friendly NPCs this time around? I could see it not happening if he has indeed switched to a stage design (as opposed to the previous Metroidvania design), but that doesn't necessarily preclude it.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I actually liked that in this one if you get raped enough she can get impregnated and give birth to the classy slug of the 1st game. For now it seems that the dev mentions a demo being exclusive (google translate), who knows.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

has he mentioned one way or the other if there'll be friendly NPCs this time around? I could see it not happening if he has indeed switched to a stage design (as opposed to the previous Metroidvania design), but that doesn't necessarily preclude it.
I have not seen anything related to friendly NPCs unless I glossed over it. So dunno if we having them back or not.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
May the gods render your firstborn infertile.
I take that as a no then? Bummer.

Also, this is ulmf.org, 99% of the people here are probably virgins, likely for life, I don't think they gonna have to be worried about their firstborn.

flowoftime

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Let me change my question:
Is there an English version of Nightmare Sphere 0/Zero?

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is getting bumped alot for a game with no playable demos

TouchFluffyTail

One Angeri Floof
Reputation score
There is a demo/trial to the game, the only thing is that it hasn't been updated for over a year - which is why this thread was dead.
We seem to get many necromancers lately.

flowoftime

Demon Girl
Reputation score
There is a demo/trial to the game, the only thing is that it hasn't been updated for over a year - which is why this thread was dead.
We seem to get many necromancers lately.
I can't find any trace of Nightmare Sphere 2 Demo/Trial anywhere... and this is my 4th post. I just join the topic looking for answer. No, I'm not a necromancer. I didn't bump this thread for Lulz. The game is ongoing and we have the right to discuss it here, in the board. That's what a board is supposed to mean.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score
On his blog

on the left is the word "download soft"
there are 4 files, his new game is called "NS0"

As mentioned, the demo is "many years old" and the game has changed a lot looking at the guys twitter pics of his updates.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score
to clear up some apparent confusion here.. Nightmare Sphere 0 is a completely different game from Nightmare Sphere 2.
NS0 was the game he was working on after the original, and he got a decent demo out, but the game was ultimately cancelled.
NS2 is what he's working on now, and there's no demo yet.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
^Truth.

NSZ and NS2 are two different games. He lost interest in Zero, cancel it, and decided to do NS2 instead. I'm thinking because NSZ was probably too ambitious or he just wanted to clean slate it after all his RL problems delayed it for as long as they did.