What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [mickmanx] Nightmare Sphere 2

Zone Dweller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Nightmare Sphere 2

I knew that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was super highly regarded, but I had never played it (never had a Playstation 1). After playing Nightmare Sphere, and knowing it had been heavily inspired by SotN, I checked on my PS3 and behold, it was available for sale as a Playstation classic.

I played it, liked it, but did not love it. I felt the controls in Nightmare Sphere were smoother, and the character had just the perfect blend of mobility and abilities compared to the slower paced Castlevania. I also played two of the DS ones, and again, enjoyable games but did not give me the same enjoyment as Nightmare Sphere did.
Played SotN back in the late 90's, PS1 era. Never was a popular game back then, kind of unknown. Achieved some kind of cult status much later for some reason. Even back then I found it incredibly boring. Preferred the classic Castlevanias. Never understood its appeal. Had decent music, I guess? Can't remember.

As for NS2, I hope he will add a playable male character to get fucked by a succubus or something. So far I am only seeing the one female lead?

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yeah, pretty much only one character female in NS2 and only NS0 had a male character out of the 3 possible choices.

I think the appeal of SotN is either the RPG element or the exploration factor, though Rondo of Blood predate that one for the latter.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm speaking for myself here really but, SoTN was damn awesome because of it's story.

The depth, the dialogues, and... (long text coming)
I was a follower of the castlevania saga for a long time before it came, and out of many games i found really amazing the fact surrounding Alucard's story and involvement with the Belmonts. You know, the whole "bad guy gone good", and not just a bad guy, the son of the big bad!

Dracula's Cuse, and, the one where Sonia was the protagonist...those games were just...damn.

But it was discontinued...no one heard from Alucard ever more.

But no problem there, because there was no shortage of epicness...

The new Castlevanias were certainly not lacking, i really got messed up when i played Dracula X. The music was more intense than ever before, and the new protagonist just was so damn badass, with that item crash feature, and backflip.
And then...it came...

That Action Hero who had nothing to do with the 16 bits' Castlevania III got (semi) crossovered with Alucard....now revamped with a new more badass vampiric look, and not just that, this time he was the protagonist!

The first non-Belmont Protagonist.
It was just so intense for me. Too much for me to handle at the time.
(Also the new gameplay style was a boost, but not the main appeal, or at least not for me)

Seriously, i could ramble all night about this but i think you get the point

Back to topic: awesome news, NSPhere was great, and more importantly, the news that the dev seems to be doing ok.

Although NSPhere wasn't the best at h-content (not saying it wasn't good, actually it was far off better than plain-ryona, guro (for my tastes) or none at all), talking about the gameplay would be at a very different tone and level, it was reaaaaaaaaaally good in that aspect

Last edited:

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Lol i dunno how manies here really played Sotn until the end. (i played the saturn version as long as the ps1 both jap and eng). I can only say that we will probably never see again an awesome soundtrack like the one in Castlevania Sotn or the one in Rondo of blood . Only the Bgms worth to play it. THE CLOCK TOWER's BGM in SOTN (tragic prince) is purely epic.Listen and feel the castle.
About the gameplay, NS has 10% of the weapons and animations that are in Sotn.No dialogue, almost no story. NS is a fun game, the best choice into free and payed metroidvania games available, but is nothing compared to Sotn.
Guys you're talking about a god. Show proper respect.

Last edited:

phil1284

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New post on the blog with a video of gameplay,showcasing english will be available at least for menues AND ....the game works on phones too,didn't see if android or Ios though.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh yes, NS1 did have an Engrish option for the limited dialog that was in it.

Edit: Hm... interesting, there was a mobile version shown at the end.

Last edited:

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Whelp, that gameplay video just reminded me why I loved the first Nightmare Sphere game so much.

It's soooo smooth. That's what 2d action games should strive to be. In the h-game world, I've never played any game with gameplay as smooth as Nightmare Sphere did. Kurovadis came very close, but the drop after that is pretty steep.

And this expands on the first one. Weapon switching mid-combo, all the sweet mobility options, new spell options, interesting special abilities...

And the same lovely music as the first one. I adore it.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can't wait for this to be completed!
This was like my first ever taste of H-game xD

Hoping this'll have english too though.

fantasyzero

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Wow, I didn't expect that.
So that I'm re-playing Nightmare Sphere to wait...
Difficulty: Hardest (man, too hard but fun)
version 1.05

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

from the dev, it seems he is having medical issues.

Sounds like a dental problem, and he is not sure if it is a cavity or some kind of neuralgia. Also he mentions it is interfering with his hearing so he is unable to work on music/sound.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Update, an enemy vs NPC showcase. We already know about drain/heal option for dealing with downed characters but there appears to be an additional one here, the ability to directly attack downed characters.

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

With the 2 frames animation. Which is sad. Also only 1 playable character.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm starting to wonder which is going to be the better game between Nightmare Sphere 2 and Bloodstained.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm starting to wonder which is going to be the better game between Nightmare Sphere 2 and Bloodstained.
That's the ps4 game right? or is it an other game?

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Bloodstained is the kickstarted game by the creator of castlevania, developed for all platforms.

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sooo If I understand righ . . . The Game is not finished Yet . . . Is there A demo? = o