RPG Maker Marionette Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffviplayer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Marionette Fantasy

Dune that to, still happens.:D
Then maybe you lost something; you should have collected six stone shards already.

1. After the first dungeon, before you leave the town, the villager will give you.
2. At the village of forest, rescue the dog and its owner will reward you.
3. Bandits. (I cannot remember this clearly)
4. Save the girls in town of desert.
5. Given by one of the villagers of the port city. (in a build having 3 floors)
6. Beat the boss of pirates.

btw, I'll attach my save file which shows all the CGs :D

Attachments

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Then maybe you lost something; you should have collected six stone shards already.

1. After the first dungeon, before you leave the town, the villager will give you.
2. At the village of forest, rescue the dog and its owner will reward you.
3. Bandits. (I cannot remember this clearly)
4. Save the girls in town of desert.
5. Given by one of the villagers of the port city. (in a build having 3 floors)
6. Beat the boss of pirates.

btw, I'll attach my save file which shows all the CGs :D
Hmm i don't remember doing the girl saveing....how and what should i do?:D
Ahh, thanks for the save, but i'm a persistent bastard who wants to earn the CG by the hard way.:D

ffviplayer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hmm i don't remember doing the girl saveing....how and what should i do?:D
Ahh, thanks for the save, but i'm a persistent bastard who wants to earn the CG by the hard way.:D
Well, in the town of desert, make sure you've talked to all the villagers(I guess it's the one on 2nd floor of tavern), then go to the west of town, where a man block your way in front of the passage, and talk to him.

After that, explore the huge house and find a key to basement, and then beat the boss (if you lose to him, you'll learn fire)

X-Calibar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, I just started to translate this to english and insert text into the game.

... I don't know how far I'll translate, or how terribly faulty the translation really is... (It's translation aggregator + my interpetation + some liberties; so don't expect accuracy, but to the japanese-less it should flow perfectly fine)

Also, I'm not just jamming gibberish into the game; everything is being checked.

How far I go will depend on how fun the game continues to be; and maybe community response. (Cause' it's pretty slow going.) [Not to mention my track record for finishing projects x_X]

Anyway, look foward to a short english demo soon :D

Yup, that's the game's feature: when Maria is not willing to do something, and you force her to do lol (ex: strip her)
I feel bad for her when I do that >< lol [and I was doing that all last night...]

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, in the town of desert, make sure you've talked to all the villagers(I guess it's the one on 2nd floor of tavern), then go to the west of town, where a man block your way in front of the passage, and talk to him.

After that, explore the huge house and find a key to basement, and then beat the boss (if you lose to him, you'll learn fire)
Aha, thanks, didn't know that there's a basement in that house.:D

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

You don't have to lose to him (or any bosses for that matter) to get the spell.

If you can beat a boss in one go, you'll get the boss begging for you to let it live, and you get the prompt to either make Maria (the girl) defeat the boss right there, or make her scream something like "If you don't want to die, FUCK ME RIGHT NOW" (which of course make her pretty surprised/angry at you) then you'll get the scene for losing, the spell, AND still beat the boss after it's over.

Except for the first few bosses (since the skills you get then are pretty shitty), later bosses tend to have an elemental weakness (usually the spell you just got from previous boss) which make the fight a lot easier (like the final boss, my normal attack would do around 300, while the Ice attack would do nearly 850)

ffviplayer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wow, I didn't know that since when I met a boss, my first reaction is to lose to him :D

You don't have to lose to him (or any bosses for that matter) to get the spell.

If you can beat a boss in one go, you'll get the boss begging for you to let it live, and you get the prompt to either make Maria (the girl) defeat the boss right there, or make her scream something like "If you don't want to die, FUCK ME RIGHT NOW" (which of course make her pretty surprised/angry at you) then you'll get the scene for losing, the spell, AND still beat the boss after it's over.

Except for the first few bosses (since the skills you get then are pretty shitty), later bosses tend to have an elemental weakness (usually the spell you just got from previous boss) which make the fight a lot easier (like the final boss, my normal attack would do around 300, while the Ice attack would do nearly 850)
The elemental attack doing well on bosses, and it was mentioned in the Japanese manual :p

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So, I just started to translate this to english and insert text into the game.

... I don't know how far I'll translate, or how terribly faulty the translation really is... (It's translation aggregator + my interpetation + some liberties; so don't expect accuracy, but to the japanese-less it should flow perfectly fine)

Also, I'm not just jamming gibberish into the game; everything is being checked.
That would be awesome! I did feel like I missed out on most of what was going on in the game without being able to read everything. Some HRPG games are very much fight things -> lose, H scene, but this didn't seem quite so linear.

X-Calibar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here it is! Marionette Fantasy demo1 (english)

(Megaupload is down!)

The translation stops when you reach the town, so it's very short; but even just that much took a day or so!

And again, don't expect true translation accuracy... Still, tell me what you think :D

(The name used in that pic is MASTER... I encourage you to use a more personal name though... lol)

Last edited:

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation, X-Calibar! Do you plan on continuing this?

X-Calibar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation, X-Calibar! Do you plan on continuing this?
:D

I'll at least finish up the first quest and town...
Then release a second demo.

At that point, I'll have to play it further it to see if it's still fun~
(I've only played the first town so far)

There are other projects I could be focusing on so...
I just thought this game's story/user interaction was pretty fun xD

I don't even know how long this game is... so we'll see!

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

In which case I shall wait until you have done so before playing it :)

X-Calibar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If I do indeed translate the whole game, my uneducated guess is roughly a month... [That's if I give up all my free time!]
If things go south, it could take ages longer...

On a positive note, the first town will probably be finished in a day or so.
I'm also... adding custom content to the game; that can be disabled or enabled when you first start the game.

Probably stuff like :

more banters/events with Maria;
some changed/added dialogue to existing scenes;
maybe some picture edits (not sure if I'll do any entirely new matching pictures);
a variable to keep track of how happy Maria is with what you do to her;

and possibly new stuff or a different ending... (but hey! I haven't even played the whole game yet... So, I've only just imagined what the ending is at this point.

I could throw in music from other games [don't think I am willing to actually try creating NEW music for the game; although I could just apply nice instruments to existing midis if I really wanted to] I don't know how good the midi music sounds on other people's PCs...

Anyways, stuff like that...
I don't want to waste any time though; so I will try to keep busy, and make it clear on what my intentions are for the translation/mod; If it all comes together or falls apart.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

We appreciate your efforts, X-Calibar! Make sure not to burn yourself out translating this game!

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I agree with Chia. As much as I'm looking forward to the text of this game, I'd rather you not overdo it and get frustrated 70% of the way through. Take your time!

X-Calibar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Aaahhhh... Aaaah!
Aau... Haa!!
Haaauu....

She's burning up! (not burnt out yet...)
Anyway, it's coming along... though much slower than I would have hoped...

At this rate I should finish the first town's TL&E by the end of this week.
(I can't help but think though, that a real translator would cut my job by at least three fourths... And it would take a regular translation team, days... not months... *dies a little inside*)

An example of the more absurd machine translations I am sometimes dealing with ...
*long serious scene... climax coming... then...

"Potatoes... my dear"
... What? POTATOES?

As always you guys, hearing a few people are interested in seeing this done, helps me push on... thank you for the support~

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

' 3' well, you could post the part you run into problem with (the program you're using show the original words, right?), I'm sure some people can help you with the translation

Sojourner

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@X-Calibar: Why would you torment yourself, pouring over a translation that could eat away at your free time, just to share it with a bunch of perverts?

Never mind. I forgot people are sometimes more entertained by the dialogue than the images/actions. Like myself when it comes to the X-Change series (2 & 3 are better than 1; haven't played the Alternative games in the series).

So, as many of the lurkers are unlikely to do, I'll say "Thank you for your efforts," regardless of the end results.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This certainly seems like a game where text is important, to give that feeling of power. I hope the translation goes well, game sounds more interesting than it looks.

BTW, the first X-Change is pretty dumb but I wouldn't say bad. It's short and the scene with a certain crazy stalker is pretty sweet here and cements why he's so crazy in the sequels.

X-Calibar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My *long* response about other games and what I am thinking was an eyesore, so I've moved the text off-site since there isn't a spoiler tag ~

Password : ulmf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.