What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine (New RPG!)

Well. You had my attention. Now, you have me quite interested.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So, I finished the animated sprites for these guys earlier today and wanted to share. They're called vorepups, and will be one of the enemies in the first content release.

You can find more info about them on the Patreon activity feed :D.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

i assume they like to suck breasts, will they attach to you for a period of time? it would be nice to have to get them removed by some strange method.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i assume they like to suck breasts, will they attach to you for a period of time? it would be nice to have to get them removed by some strange method.
This is what I was wondering. I love when little worms or slugs have a penchant for attaching themselves to various areas. For gameplay it's usually a status effect. Dark Parasite had that, but it looks like development stopped for that one.

I don't actually want to know what they do until I see it in game so, needless to say, I can't wait.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At first i thought they were coming out of the wall, then I saw the shadows.

are they just flying, or do they do jumping attacks?

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, we've got a Tumblr with actual content now on it!

eromancergames dot tumblr dot com

Reblog the post if you can, we're trying to spread the word about the game!

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tumblr might not be the best medium for something like this.

I know blogs are popular with developers, but IIRC Tumblr frowns on adult content, and a large portion of the userbase are rabid.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tumblr might not be the best medium for something like this.

I know blogs are popular with developers, but IIRC Tumblr frowns on adult content, and a large portion of the userbase are rabid.
Tumblr is actually by far the best social media network for hentai, Facebook insta-bans it, Twitter makes it nearly impossible to spread it thanks to the way pictures work on it, and Instagram insta-bans it too.

Tumblr is pretty much the #1 place all hentai artists go, I follow a good deal of them and they publish their work on there to thousands of reblogs/notes with no problem, haha.

The userbase that's rabid are the social justice type people, which I think would stay far away from hentai to begin with, and even if one of them latches onto the project, people aren't gonna take em serious anyways.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Would make for a nice Status effect, Like Attacking your Heroine with herself/the other heroine. You have to attack her with the other heroine when her lust is high, because she herself refuses to. Kind off "Ewwww, help me get these things of me" or "Mmmmh, I have to get them off, but it feels soooo good."
Even though they look more gorish then vorish with all these teeth...
Would do a nice Sidekick to a real vore boss... Ohh... can't wait until the demo comes out.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tumblr is actually by far the best social media network for hentai, Facebook insta-bans it, Twitter makes it nearly impossible to spread it thanks to the way pictures work on it, and Instagram insta-bans it too.

Tumblr is pretty much the #1 place all hentai artists go, I follow a good deal of them and they publish their work on there to thousands of reblogs/notes with no problem, haha.

The userbase that's rabid are the social justice type people, which I think would stay far away from hentai to begin with, and even if one of them latches onto the project, people aren't gonna take em serious anyways.
Like I said, a bunch of people seem to use Blogspot, but If you have a social cirlce on Tumblr, I guess it must be fine.

Hentai does seem like the sort of thing that the SJW crowd would target though, though you might be wrong about people taking them seriously, it seems that way too many people are buying into it these days.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

At first i thought they were coming out of the wall, then I saw the shadows.

are they just flying, or do they do jumping attacks?
Oh, they fly/hover. Not quite sure how to explain the physics behind it yet haha... maybe a mutation where their cells have less density than air but they have a super strong membrane (i.e. flesh balloons). The game's story will also have touches of occult stuff, so maybe I'll tie them to something in that aspect. They are also amphibious, and can surprise attack from water.

Would make for a nice Status effect, Like Attacking your Heroine with herself/the other heroine. You have to attack her with the other heroine when her lust is high, because she herself refuses to. Kind off "Ewwww, help me get these things of me" or "Mmmmh, I have to get them off, but it feels soooo good."
Even though they look more gorish then vorish with all these teeth...
Would do a nice Sidekick to a real vore boss... Ohh... can't wait until the demo comes out.
I still need to code the mechanics for it, but it's planned that assisting the other character by using special attacks on their attacker is a parallel to "struggling". So, in a sense, this concept is accurate for all enemies. Hopefully it pans out in practice.

And yeah, note that they are called vore*pups*. There will be a parent!

Like I said, a bunch of people seem to use Blogspot, but If you have a social cirlce on Tumblr, I guess it must be fine.
We'll likely be starting a Blogspot as well! Definitely attacking all avenues that we can.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Larger version:

Hey everyone! Thought I'd drop in with a little promo artwork I put together for the Tumblr. From the subject matter it's probably obvious what I'm working on at the moment, heh. I also wanted to let everyone know that we now have a blog at , so make sure to check it out in the next few days once we start posting more!

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I was not aware of tubes being capable of releasing semen

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I was not aware of tubes being capable of releasing semen
that is depending on where the tube is connected... or if that is actually semen and not condensed milk...

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Will downloading the RPG Maker VX Ace trial from the website be enough to get the game running once an update is available, or are there other hoops I need to jump through? It's been a while since I played around with RPG Maker and I ended up uninstalling everything because I wasn't using it, so I don't remember.

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Will downloading the RPG Maker VX Ace trial from the website be enough to get the game running once an update is available, or are there other hoops I need to jump through? It's been a while since I played around with RPG Maker and I ended up uninstalling everything because I wasn't using it, so I don't remember.
It's not the trial you need, it's the RTP.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Which comes with the trial download, correct? I know the whole point of the trial is so that you can play around with making games yourself, but I obviously just want to play here. I just don't remember what I did a year ago when I was mucking around with RPG Maker games on here. Really, I just want to play this one is all. So i'm just double checking.

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Incorrect. RTP stands for Run Time Package. You have to go for it.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

My thanks. I'm sure you've helped several others here, as well.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's gonna be a video that I'll be completing for the game by the 21st, will have clips of gameplay within it; not sure if Eromancer wants to instantly release it once I've finished it, but if not, it should be soon thereafter!

Status
Not open for further replies.