What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine (New RPG!)

First on a positive note, this game looks great and sounds like it will play great. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one. The character designs are awesome and it really has a unique look. I will have to see how it plays but a good first impression to be sure.

That said, I am dissapointed that there are no game over scenes. I like a healthy balance. Its not that I want to lose on purpose to get H scenes, but I find bland game overs just bland. Death game overs kind of stop the sexiness too. Losing a fight, but like getting captured and having to escape that situation sounds like a challenge and a good way to say, " Hey, maybe you shouldn't have lost that fight or prepared better." Games that go out of their way to only include H in game overs, yes I agree. Its annoying to lose over and over again.
Thanks! Game over scenes aren't actually entirely out of the question, I just don't want to promise anything yet due the added amount of content it would require. I definitely agree with you though.

let me get this straight. you are creating those hot girls with blender? isn't blender a free program to boot? damn....

also the outfits are modeled through blender too?
Modeling everything from scratch in Blender would take yeaaars for a single person. Well, modeling maybe not, but the morphs and rigging are where it really begins to take forever. For most assets I start with a licensed model and add morphs I create in Blender to fit or change it somehow. These then get textured accordingly.

Blender has actually improved a lot since the 2.5 release (they improved the UI dramatically), and the physics simulation engine is great for cloth and collision. I use these pretty heavily for morphs.

The female characters use the Victoria 4 figure (popular within the Poser and Daz Studio communities) with an obscene amount of modifications. I've actually gone through and scrapped my work a couple times to tweak them more, heh.

You can try these:

This would be the closest thing to a reddit thing, it's a rank 11 reddit with a lot of subscribers

I'll try to edit with more if you need some more. You could also make a tumbler or blogspot.

I'm looking very forward to the game!
Awesome! This is exactly the kind of info I am looking for. Thanks!

Maybe I shouldn't ask this but I am too tempted to....Got an ETA on a demo?
Not yet, but with the number of people asking I'm definitely making a mental note to develop toward one.

kb88

Banned
Reputation score

Is the H content animated at all?

StrikaR

Banned
Reputation score

This looks awesome! If you would release a demo i am 1000% sure you will generate a lot of hype because the quality of this game makes other "1 man games" out there look like a joke.... You should consider recruiting several people anyway even if it's just for simple stuff like creating/updating threads, giving opinions about the artwork/story/game balance, testing alpha builds to create a playable demo and so on.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This looks awesome! If you would release a demo i am 1000% sure you will generate a lot of hype because the quality of this game makes other "1 man games" out there look like a joke.... You should consider recruiting several people anyway even if it's just for simple stuff like creating/updating threads, giving opinions about the artwork/story/game balance, testing alpha builds to create a playable demo and so on.
hell yeah, i'll gladly be an alpha/beta tester if the game makes it to that point (i'm NOT candidating myself[NOT]).

if the gameplay goes like you say it will, im sure it will be awesome, now if only the girls have an ultimate move i'll die (from joy).

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Curious myself, to see an H-Scene or 2 in combat (and out of combat?) animation sequence or a demo with one to see.

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll be contributing as soon as I see a link for donations/offbeatr page.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The battle H content is presented in a similar visual fashion as to how it is done in Newface's Evil Goddess game (can find information on it here http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=25496). In short, the portrait artwork of the character changes as a scene progresses. Don't worry about it looking dull though, as there will be all kinds of camera angles and craziness going on (it will make more sense when you see it in action!).

For the majority of the time working on this it was planned that every major enemy skill would include a fully animated cutscene, but when it ended up requiring a week or two to produce a single CG scene I realized it wasn't viable.

The reason for this is that since everything has to be pre-rendered I have to render out scenes for every possible combination of armor/weapon and visual status effect. The number of scenes gets really big fast (not to mention the game's filesize would be pretty huge). This is more manageable with single frame artwork, and the big plus is that I can rely less on automation and more on manual painting during post processing (which looks much better).

There is, however, a possible solution that I would like to eventually explore. It would effectively involve creating animated sprites out of the character portraits (much in the fashion that I've done for enemy sprites), but I still doubt that this can be accomplished without more resources.

TL;DR: Not currently, but I don't want to say no entirely because it is something I would like to eventually accomplish (if not with this episode then down the line perhaps).

I'll be contributing as soon as I see a link for donations/offbeatr page.
Thank you for the support!

DaGoomba10

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The battle H content is presented in a similar visual fashion as to how it is done in Newface's Evil Goddess game. In short, the portrait artwork of the character changes as a scene progresses. Don't worry about it looking dull though, as there will be all kinds of camera angles and craziness going on (it will make more sense when you see it in action!).

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

afa

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How about the story and character?
Is it going to be a linear story telling (nothing wrong with that mind you)
Or opened ended with multiple choices and branches (takes more work I imagine)
Something in between? Give us a little sizzle:p

Will the character have changes based on choices or battle related sex?

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

While we're on the subject of content, what about the H, what sort of content do you have planned?

It appears to be a scifi setting, will it be mostly humans and robots? Or will there be monsters, tentacles, beasts, aliens?

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

How about the story and character?
Is it going to be a linear story telling (nothing wrong with that mind you)
Or opened ended with multiple choices and branches (takes more work I imagine)
Something in between? Give us a little sizzle:p

Will the character have changes based on choices or battle related sex?
The overarching story will mainly be linear, but I really want to have nonlinear elements such as side quests/objectives. I really think there's an opportunity here to use the H system for creating branches in the story that possibly lead to other content, but I haven't thought far ahead enough to decide the consequences of this.

As far as changes with the characters go, you can probably expect their archetypal personalities to remain intact throughout.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The overarching story will mainly be linear, but I really want to have nonlinear elements such as side quests/objectives. I really think there's an opportunity here to use the H system for creating branches in the story that possibly lead to other content, but I haven't thought far ahead enough to decide the consequences of this.

As far as changes with the characters go, you can probably expect their archetypal personalities to remain intact throughout.
What fetishes are in the games?
Can the heroines get pregnant by getting raped too much, or might it have other consequences?
Personality Changes aren't a must, but a bit of corruption where they are less offended by the advances their enemies make would not be bad (More Dialogue Changes, even if it is only single lines instead of extra scenes).
Do the cumstains stay after battle until cleaned?
Is the blonde girl a complete robot? Her arms and legs don't look like they have any flesh. It more looks like robotic prosthetics imo.
But the Artwork is really great, I am looking forward to a demo or something.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks nice. Need a demo.

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

You could always ask Fenoxo for support. He has quite the following, you know :eek:
PLEASE no, not that group. I followed COC for a while but once you start listening to too many fans (especially donating fans) it becomes six tits on a three futa cock cow... I guess those fans pay to support him but the end product is nothing I'd even look at.

Game looks interesting though. I wish the girls were a little less bimbo and a little more cute. But it reminds me of when we first discovered how Nano-Crisis (HOTB) was being made. I got Daz and loads of free stuff from the pirate bay and a few other programs and started rendering some great 3d sprites of my own.

Everything was going fine until I got bogged down in GameMaker. End of story, literally.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

While we're on the subject of content, what about the H, what sort of content do you have planned?

It appears to be a scifi setting, will it be mostly humans and robots? Or will there be monsters, tentacles, beasts, aliens?
Aliens are to Sci-Fi Hentai as Monsters are to Fantasy Hentai.

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

PLEASE no, not that group. I followed COC for a while but once you start listening to too many fans (especially donating fans) it becomes six tits on a three futa cock cow... I guess those fans pay to support him but the end product is nothing I'd even look at.
Oh come on. Most of that shit is by choice. Besides, you can't even use the character viewer anymore, so why complain about something that there's no real graphical representation for?

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

and what the hell is wrong with an hexatit-triphalus-bovine?

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sorry I missed your post before!

The setting is a mix between post apocalyptic/cyberpunk and super futurist sci-fi. There will be a lot of mutant/genetically engineered enemies along with androids/cyborgs/robots. So, beasts, insects, machines, humans, tentacles, etc are all fair game.

What fetishes are in the games?
Can the heroines get pregnant by getting raped too much, or might it have other consequences?
Personality Changes aren't a must, but a bit of corruption where they are less offended by the advances their enemies make would not be bad (More Dialogue Changes, even if it is only single lines instead of extra scenes).
Do the cumstains stay after battle until cleaned?
Is the blonde girl a complete robot? Her arms and legs don't look like they have any flesh. It more looks like robotic prosthetics imo.
But the Artwork is really great, I am looking forward to a demo or something.
Thanks!

Things that the game will definitely include outside the obvious: beasts, insects, humans/androids (male and female), tentacles, vore, bondage, bukakke, ryona, and likely some others.

Things it definitely will not include: guro, scat, loli (possibly others that I haven't considered).

The H system in battle is actually like a mini-corruption system, in that as a certain parameter increases the actors' "resistances" weaken and it becomes more difficult to resist H attacks. This is actually portrayed in the artwork as well. It's actually great idea to have this parameter affect dialog and is something I'll remember when I cross that bridge!

Most visual status effects remain after battle and are progressive (they can be stacked for a greater visual effect).

The blonde girl is an android and her "armor" consists of frames that have a varying degree/combination of tissue and mechanical elements. The armor shown is actually her "tank" armor type and is probably going to be the least revealing/human.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Oho~! I gotta say it's nice to see someone else take this spin with RPG's at last, the only other group I know being active with such is ARUMERO SOFT with their 'Battle Raper' system, and well myself with my 'Progressive' system ( thought I almost forgot about Newface with his Evil Goddess too! ). You've got an edge thought being both programmer, and artist, more less spying a ton of custom elements, nothing at all coming from the RTP's ( unlike the rest of us who still use tilesets a plenty ).

So I guess I should ask a few questions as you seem willing to answer:

-I'm noticing a lot of different frames for actions, attacks, blocking, dodging and the like. I'm going to assume you've got some fun 'status effects' planned then, with images fitting such? I'm also figuring with how you phrased it that monsters 'rapes' are going to be a stage by stage image change ordeal? So just as a possible example: first part would be a leap on top/grapple, second part might be a 'getting fucked', and third part might be a 'climaxed' ordeal, leaving a 'cummed over' status effect?

-I'm going to assume our two gals are the only two playable cast members we'll have access towards from start to finish? I ask this as the battle system is clearly made to focus on only two team members at a time, more less it seems like you took advantage of each girl being on a selective side, posing both to angle towards the 'center' of the screen.

-While you did say there shall be outfit changes, are there any ideas to also have possible 'corruption/transformation' attires depending on situations? Ether inflicted by battle, or done such via storyline/choices made?

Everything else I could have thought up thought has been pretty much asked at one point or time thought, so call me excited to see a demo, and counting my penny's to save up for this!

Last edited:

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Sorry I missed your post before!

Things that the game will definitely include outside the obvious: beasts, insects, humans/androids (male and female), tentacles, vore, bondage, bukakke, ryona, and likely some others.

Nice, I really like Insects in H-Games.

Things it definitely will not include: guro, scat, loli (possibly others that I haven't considered).

The H system in battle is actually like a mini-corruption system, in that as a certain parameter increases the actors' "resistances" weaken and it becomes more difficult to resist H attacks. This is actually portrayed in the artwork as well. It's actually great idea to have this parameter affect dialog and is something I'll remember when I cross that bridge!

To be honest, I always found it kinda strange if the heroines get horny midbattle while resisting the enemy beforehand. That is why I like a System where she gets a horny status Parameter out of battle that is determined by her sexual encounters so far. Maybe limit the Hornyness that is possible in battle by how horny she is altogether? As far as i know the only game where something like my Idea is made is Saki Quest. Where you can endure 3 times more rape (with a way hornier outcome) if your lust is high. And are just disgusted when your overall lust is low, even if your battle lust is maxed.

Most visual status effects remain after battle and are progressive (they can be stacked for a greater visual effect).
Sounds great

The blonde girl is an android and her "armor" consists of frames that have a varying degree/combination of tissue and mechanical elements. The armor shown is actually her "tank" armor type and is probably going to be the least revealing/human.
So she basically shapeshifts between a half-robot, and a human vamp?
Actually that sounds like a pretty nice Idea, I really wonder how it will play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.