What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hkid

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine (New RPG!)

It's actually not very healthy at all for a girl to have dog cum inside her either. There are diseases SPECIFIC to dog semen they can get. In other words, go to the doctor and they will know 100% how you got said disease....
Huh, whaddaya know. It's

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Christ, your artwork is amazing. Seriously. I love the 3d rendering with photoshop finishing up. Most of the times 3d renderings look good, but they look "off", stale, fake, lifeless. The photoshop finish-up fixes that beautifully. It must be a lot of work to do that for all the artwork, but I'm convinced that it's a good choice.
Thanks! Part of it is also the shader set I'm using. I'm considering adding example images of a few pieces from start to finish in the artwork PDF to display the process a bit.

But yeah, overall it takes a few hours minimum per piece. I do think 3D is eventually going to be the standard for things like this and hentai as shaders and software progress. Even now we're seeing games like the new Guilty Gear which mimic anime perfectly by means of a very specific process.

The art does look amazing... cant wait to see the final product.

And speaking about the art.... it kinda makes me think about the newer second life avatars... If your not super good in drawing but can use photoshop decently and have a pc / lappy that can produce super high graphics... playing second life on the ultra settings will give you amazing looking avatars wich you can also manipulate with photoshop and use for game purposes like this (in SL theres a unlimited amount of poses / outfits / toys too from romance to decent to heavy bdsm kinds and so on)
A few downsides to that would be that you're stuck with the game's rendering engine and likely character skeletons. Character skeletons in games have always been an issue for me when modding as they are always sub par for this kind of thing. I remember in Fallout characters looked like gorillas (even with the body mods) because the skeleton was meant for power armor, and it couldn't be edited without a hacked exe.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This.

I mean come on... it's a killer robot with a penis. If you want any realism you might aswell remove the whole robot "cuz it is not realistic".

So yeah details are nice, but only if it is relevant. Where that fluid comes from or if it is healthy is not relevant, because it's a frigging hentai game!
Ofc I get that. But if you bend the laws of physics (or chemistry or whatever) too far, people start getting turned off. I.e. If it was a magical girl getting fucked by a lava monster, and lava cum is shot inside her. The "explanation" would be "magic". But if it's a non-magical game, and someone gets hit by lava, you'd expect them to have a body part melted off.

My point being: The story and the setting is just as important if you want to have a good game. Otherwise, it might as well be a game I play drunk.
(I hate to give this game 9/10 for CGs and gameplay while getting 1/10 for story; or something like that)

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Your work looks really amazing! Am I right in thinking the builds so far are only available to patrons, though? Maybe I'll have to scrounge, because I'm really interested in RPG Maker being stretched this far...

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ofc I get that. But if you bend the laws of physics (or chemistry or whatever) too far, people start getting turned off. I.e. If it was a magical girl getting fucked by a lava monster, and lava cum is shot inside her. The "explanation" would be "magic". But if it's a non-magical game, and someone gets hit by lava, you'd expect them to have a body part melted off.

My point being: The story and the setting is just as important if you want to have a good game. Otherwise, it might as well be a game I play drunk.
(I hate to give this game 9/10 for CGs and gameplay while getting 1/10 for story; or something like that)
Keep in mind there are people who don't care about the technical aspects of something like this. For some, they like the idea of a cold, unforgiving machine ravaging a girl. Others will like it because it is a robot (technosextuality). Considering the health aspects just isn't something people who feel for it will consider in detail.
Consider those with a vore fetish. There is a split in that fetish where people just like to see the swallowing or the engulfing of a woman or man, but don't like what comes after: the digestion and the gore aspect that would logically follow. Some people like every aspect, some just like the gore, and some people just like the swallowing.
Hardly any H game will ever cater to everyone. Take me, for instance. I don't particularly care for dog on girl but I love insects on women. One can and does happen in real life, the other is pure fantasy. There is something I can appreciate in a fantasy depiction of dog on girl that goes back to my first statement: the idea of a savage beast or unthinking creature taking a girl by force out of instinct. So, in something I don't particularly care for, I found a small aspect that I could appreciate.
So while you will be overtaken by the biological repercussions of engine oil or jizz synthetic intracting with a woman's sex organs, others will immediately get off to the idea.
Or we could just take into consideration that Neon is a cyborg after all and could have a synthetic biological system that won't react negatively to it.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that some people might prefer the robot on girl scenes more than the scenes of a humanoid or human male forcing himself on a girl simply because the latter might make some people uncomfortable. With dogs or robots or what have you, it removes the human element that often carries the negative aspects for what it is, and allows for people to appreciate the idea of something taking advantage of someone without a sense of guilt.
Some people will write off an entire project because of a single aspect. I know of a poster on this forum who hates futa to the extent that they will ignore the entire project because of it, and that's their prerogative. They might miss out on great content in the project that might have high appeal to them but the turn off is so great that it sours it. I made a post on UrielManX's game about how the mud/shit golem makes me laugh because I find it jarring, but I know there are other people who don't mind it and like it. There are still plenty of animations in that game that I really enjoy.
I personally see writing off an entire game like that as going to a music festival and leaving because you didn't like one of the opening bands but I am me and they are they.

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You're right. I guess I was just being selfish

T-T...

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Artwork for the first release is finished------

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Wonder how many people are going to destroy their eyes trying to see that blurry mess, lol.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Artwork for the first release is finished------

That's... a lot of pictures. *Peeks into my game's graphics folder* Gulp, that is intimidating! Quit being so awesome, you make the rest of us look bad :D

In all seriousness, fuckin' sweet man. I can't wait to see this game in action. I know you've dropped a ton of time into it, and I think you will be well rewarded. THIS appears to be a game worth supporting.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That's... a lot of pictures. *Peeks into my game's graphics folder* Gulp, that is intimidating! Quit being so awesome, you make the rest of us look bad :D

In all seriousness, fuckin' sweet man. I can't wait to see this game in action. I know you've dropped a ton of time into it, and I think you will be well rewarded. THIS appears to be a game worth supporting.
No worries, not *all* of it is for the first release, heh. A fair bit of it was done before the first test release specifications were narrowed down, and thus the scenarios in which it'd be used simply aren't in yet.

In other news, I've done a minor renovation to the game's map sprite system and am making new sprites. Check out some GIFs of the high quality versions (before they get scaled down) over on the Tumblr:

EDIT: One other tidbit from my most recent Patreon post... regarding something some of you may be interested in: "in addition to having the ability to make additional poses, there's also the potential for H-related sprite scenes for things such as traps, etc (of course accompanied by high quality artwork). No promises yet, but these are things I'm heavily considering for down the road!"

Something to keep in mind!

Last edited:

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just curious, have you already tested scaling them down? I also went the route of creating detailed sprites and then scaling them down, only to find out they looked terrible. Too much detail actually seemed to hurt more than help with the sprite sizes. Of course, I was also running 640x480, so maybe that will alleviate some of the issue.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just curious, have you already tested scaling them down? I also went the route of creating detailed sprites and then scaling them down, only to find out they looked terrible. Too much detail actually seemed to hurt more than help with the sprite sizes. Of course, I was also running 640x480, so maybe that will alleviate some of the issue.
Yeah it took a good bit of testing and a couple revisions (like this one) to get it right in my case. Since they are made from normally proportioned characters the sprites are tall, sort of in the fashion of the Sega Genesis Phantasy Star games. Using the correct resampling tool is important for scaling down. I use the 'Bicubic Sharper' option in Photoshop. It will retain clean lines and get rid of unnecessary gradients. I've attached a preview of the new scaled down sprite sets for Neon.

Attachments

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

New map sprites for Malise are finished up! A couple GIFs on the Tumblr:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

New map sprites for Malise are finished up! A couple GIFs on the Tumblr:

She walks like Bayonetta. :D

nakatogame

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Artistically speaking the quality level is very high, a level unlikely to be reached by independent producers, great job.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You may want to reconsider staying on per-update, Eromancer:

EDIT: Effectively, if you stay on "per update" you have to query each and every patron for things like tax status, VAT number and IP address.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You may want to reconsider staying on per-update, Eromancer:

EDIT: Effectively, if you stay on "per update" you have to query each and every patron for things like tax status, VAT number and IP address.
Note that this is expected to get overthrown because it effectively will put thousands of small businesses, well, out of business; it's equal to similar laws in America that have quickly been overturned in regards to the internet, etc.

Additionally, it's highly unlikely the government of another nation would come after you for making a few thousand bucks.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hm, I'm confused. So I'd be subject to a fine... by some tax organization in the EU?

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm, I'm confused. So I'd be subject to a fine... by some tax organization in the EU?
You "would", but again, the likelyhood of this happening is pretty much nil because it's asinine.

Basically, this law requires you to do such insane things as;

-Knowing the actual geographical location of your buyers WHEN they buy the game

-Knowing the name and address of your buyers

-Keeping all of this stuff in a database that catalogues all this stuff and it has to be on an online server on YOUR own dime

so yeah, this would ruin most small businesses, it'll get overthrown or ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.