What's new

RPG NTR [Makura cover soft] 魔剣士リーネ2/ Leane of Legitimate Crown (RJ194521)

Icehaku

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [Makura cover soft|SLG]Leane of Legitimate Crown

Dev finally updated. Game is supposedly finished but now there is 'work' to do before sending it in to be sold. He wants a new trial version up too so who knows how long that will take.

Yay more delays.

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

On the bright side, at least it's made it out of vaporware status. Talk about a rough ride...

itzaguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He accidentally or purposely left the comment section unlocked on his new blog entry. The salt there is delicious and exotic. Japanese Flavored Salt.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

He accidentally or purposely left the comment section unlocked on his new blog entry. The salt there is delicious and exotic. Japanese Flavored Salt.
I'm guessing he's just adapting a "fuck it" attitude now that it's almost over. After the amount of harassment he's endured over the years (he mentioned he's behind on replying to emails in the last post) he's almost certainly retiring. I mean imagine waking up and reading mostly hate mail every day for like 4 years. The comments are absolutely vicious as well.

veraleth

Demon Girl
Reputation score

people have no chill, saying they're going to pirate it implying they were going to pay in the first place smh

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well the developer made his bed, no point in being a white knight for him after the fact he keeps fanning the flames of their hopes and dreams. I do hope he doesn't quit after this, his games are so much fun as is his art. Who knows, maybe he was aiming for this kind of attention so he could get more sales, things tend to end up that way sometimes weirdly enough.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well the developer made his bed, no point in being a white knight for him after the fact he keeps fanning the flames of their hopes and dreams. I do hope he doesn't quit after this, his games are so much fun as is his art. Who knows, maybe he was aiming for this kind of attention so he could get more sales, things tend to end up that way sometimes weirdly enough.
The only thing he did wrong was give estimations and dates. I'm not even white knighting—he shouldn't have done that—I'm just saying death threats and name calling are ridiculous overreactions. Doubly so if you take the time to email the guy.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The only thing he did wrong was give estimations and dates. I'm not even white knighting—he shouldn't have done that—I'm just saying death threats and name calling are ridiculous overreactions. Doubly so if you take the time to email the guy.
True, but you should be use to that being on the internet. It's sad that it's a thing but, what can you do. Hell, people use to get anonymous letters back then with death threats over videos games too. It's people being assholes, what's new. That being said, their angry is justified, not their reactions.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As I said the problem wasn't that the game was delayed. The problem is that the guy promised us the stars on the sky every time it was delayed.

He should have put hes man pants on and tell us that the game has a lot of bugs, or he has fallen behind the projected development and he will post about it when he is ready to release it. And until then he could have posted small snippets about how the development progressing.

Not this bullshit about a delay in release every time he made a blog post.

Last edited:

Henlove77

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah I agree that the main problem is not the delay, if not look at Seismic's last work, he even set a release date on DLSite yet he couldn't finish his work until 1 year later but then he compensated his followers, even giving it an english option for the occidental audience

If you're not 100% sure then don't raise hopes in vain saying you will release it every month then "having complications"

zerotowin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Haha, the author locked and removed the comments on the latest news update.
Guess he couldn't take the non-stop bashing. He totally deserved it, this time.

I mean he's delaying releasing the game so he could update the stupid trial. Why? He should just release the game already and update the trial later.

Deadwings

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"Kept raising our hopes unnecesarily! How cruel!"

Sure. What do you think the dev is, your girlfriend? Guy doesn't own you anything, and your problems are entirely of your own making. Man up people, and stop twisting your panties over something so insignificant please.

On another note, I wonder if the King will finally get a face. Otherwise, I'll just be tempted to edit all images an stick my own face in there :p

vera12

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

lmao please, it's not like he sold preorders & ya'll are gonna pirate it anyway :rolleyes:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

On another note, I wonder if the King will finally get a face. Otherwise, I'll just be tempted to edit all images an stick my own face in there :p
The King almost certainly won't get a face. I'm fairly certain what's on Ares's head doesn't qualify as a proper face - he's just got a mouth and no identifiable features. So what we're looking at is probably just some obscure part of the lore in the games: "Any male of Royal Blood shall be born without any facial features." The King is just rich enough to be able to afford the censor-box that covers up his hideous physical deformity.

Either that or the Kings identity is a plot point and during the game he takes off his censor-box...

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that in the comikit trial the king had a face but everyone was spoiling the surprise so he censored the face in the public trial.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

The King almost certainly won't get a face. I'm fairly certain what's on Ares's head doesn't qualify as a proper face - he's just got a mouth and no identifiable features. So what we're looking at is probably just some obscure part of the lore in the games: "Any male of Royal Blood shall be born without any facial features." The King is just rich enough to be able to afford the censor-box that covers up his hideous physical deformity.

Either that or the Kings identity is a plot point and during the game he takes off his censor-box...
Plot-twist: The King is you from the future, secretly took over the king position after being NTR'd by the previous one, and now will ensure that the you of this timeline will do the same and then he can enjoy his harem.

(jk)

On a more serious answer: IIRC. Back when I was looking around the code, there's one that assign 'who' is the king, so it seems it's possible for different character to be assigned that role.

ulmfmonkey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Plot-twist: The King is you from the future, secretly took over the king position after being NTR'd by the previous one, and now will ensure that the you of this timeline will do the same and then he can enjoy his harem.

(jk)

On a more serious answer: IIRC. Back when I was looking around the code, there's one that assign 'who' is the king, so it seems it's possible for different character to be assigned that role.
Probably the case, especially considering the opening of the game in the last trial points out that the Mark of the Saint King can change depending upon who is the most suitable heir. In the comiket demo the king was this guy though. Awhile back someone posted a picture in the comments of the king with the black square gone and his face was there, it was removed an hour later.

Attachments

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

lmao please, it's not like he sold preorders & ya'll are gonna pirate it anyway :rolleyes:
Actually some of us are just waiting for the sale to begin. From all accounts it should be good enough and honestly, considering everyone and their pet dog was picking up baseball bats and smashing the dev right where it hurts, I'm just surprised he actually finished the game at all, considering most people would have just quit under that sort of pressure.

It's not like he can get our money BEFORE the game releases, but at the same time, he can only sell with the game he'll deliver. I'll cast final judgement then, but right now, if he delivered on the goals set right now, it should be worth at least a gander.

Never figured out why everyone went at him with baseball bats though - Apparently it was like he wasn't allowed to mess up, like he was representing the entire industry by, well, developing a game, and every failure brought the eternal shame onto the Japanese industry or something.

He made a whole series of mistakes (that's for certain) but short of him actually hurting someone by those mistakes, I'm not sure where the justification to basically treat him like a slave came from.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm having a hard time believing it's a plot point, but I can't think of a reason for it otherwise. Everyone from the first game should be long dead by now, so I don't think it's someone we could recognize..and the characters don't see the censor box, do they? So what is there to spoil?