What's new

Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - Character concepts pg2

I like 5-7, personally, and ditto on the red hair, thing (though if custom color hair is feasible, that would be the best).

As for game mechanics, I thought Nightmare Sphere did a decent job of mechanics, while Unholy Sanctuary had better animation (of sex, not the fighting). Ending screens are a plus if they're good. I'm a weird fan of forced pregnancy, so Nightmare Sphere really worked for me, but most people probably aren't, and mechanics-wise it'd be weird in a platformer (aside from an ending or something like NS). Also, it probably shouldn't be a case of "get touched by an enemy = get raped". I hate that in games and like to see the enemy work at least a little bit (having to tear off clothing and getting the heroine into a vulnerable position, first). What I'm not a fan of is infinitely looping rape as an ending. I like to see what happens to the person as a result of losing.

Other mechanics depend on what kind of rape you're going for. If it's the kind you can escape from and just damages you, then some sort of pleasure meter might be acceptable. If it's the kind that only happens on "death", then something like Unholy Sanctuary is better. How you handle what happens when the pleasure meter fills is another question. You could have it damage her health (seems to be the most popular) or some other negative effect (maybe adding corruption vis-a-vis NS).

As for non-sex mechanics, I'd love to see different weapons (that have different uses) and clothing damage (if feasible). Along with the clothing damage should be clothing pickups to restore it.

As far as aesthetics go, I actually prefer the smaller end on breast size, B being the ideal (the whole "any more than a handful is a waste" kind of thinking). D is uncomfortable, and anything beyond that is a straight turn-off for me.

E

ecoISDP

I vote for 3 !

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mee to. Put another vote beside number 3.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What do you guys see in 3? It's a completely impractical weapon (it's a spiked ring on a chain on a sword, and an impractical sword at that), and the outfit is just silly. There's no way I'd be able to take that character seriously. Heck, 1 (just too demure and harmless looking) and 3 are my least favorites.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I like the clothes from 3, the hair from 3/4/7, and the weapons from 7/8.

1 and 6 look like good NPCs.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Number 4 looks pretty bad ass, but that pony tail is probably going to be a bit more animation work. Still, my vote goes to 4.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

4 then 3

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hentai potential.
Eh, maybe it's just me and my liking to see a girl put up a good struggle before getting taken by monsters or whatever, and 5-7 look like they could put up a better fight. Might also be the fact that I find her outfit too outlandish for an adventure-girl and breaks any versimilitude (sp?) that was there (for me, at least). Same hentai potential, just different way of getting at it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'll admit I might be overthinking this too much.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

7's hair. That's my only vote

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

4 with 6's hair colour and 8's weapons.

Also, first time posting in this thread, have to say your sprite and artwork is amazing. Can't wait to see more.

Reputation score

I dunno what everyone sees in #3, it doesn't look anything like a priestess, which is what he mentioned he was looking at. My vote is with #2. Priestly, strippable, and simply dressed while having a certain amount of flair. Too many gadgets makes the girl not seem quite as simple and fuckable, while the simpler design of #2's outfit covers up enough to leave room for imagination and yet due to that covering, would make it hotter when it comes off or is pushed up/down for smex.

Last edited:

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

4-5-6-7 are guys and 8 is a trap...

I'll go with 2...

DarkR34p3r

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know about you guys, but I like #6. Although #3 would definately be a runner up.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Number 6 definitely. Oh, and 3 looks stupid.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

In fairness to 3, people seem to be picking it because it is the least dressed, meaning easier hentai material, but I don't think clothing should be too much of a challenge

liount

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I kinda like giving a challenged to enemies that I want to piss off so my vote is 4 with some clothes from 7.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

2,4,5 and 8 for me. I like 3's weapon. 8 is good because sailor fuku are always popular. However ultimately I think 2, 5 and 8 are my top 3 choices.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I dunno what everyone sees in #3, it doesn't look anything like a priestess, which is what he mentioned he was looking at. My vote is with #2. Priestly, strippable, and simply dressed while having a certain amount of flair. Too many gadgets makes the girl not seem quite as simple and fuckable, while the simpler design of #2's outfit covers up enough to leave room for imagination and yet due to that covering, would make it hotter when it comes off or is pushed up/down for smex.
You have convinced me. I vote on 2 beside my vote on 3... I wont take back my vote. :p

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Hold on, who said anything about a priest?