What's new

Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer..

This has my full endorsement and support. I personally enjoy tentacle monsters. BDSM is another turn on, and in some cases bestiality (only in hentai). Monsters, tentacles, beasties, up mouth and out of ass, gangbanging, bukake, and forced cum drinking all big on my list and are some things I would like to see if it doesn't turn you of and is possible.

E

ecoISDP

And yes, I realize I haven't drawn the nipples yet.
Maybe it's just me or the lack of nipples but she looks a bit like a buff man. Maybe a more round chest would fix this.

R

Ryka

I love it. It needs nipples, but it is a wonderful start. Keep up the good work. I am definitely looking forward to this. We're sort of lacking in games like these.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes. It needs nipples and bigger bewbz. So, what are the plans for animation?

Chomp Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Customization is always a nice touch. Perhaps it would be possible to implement that somehow? Body type, breast sizes, hair styles, etc?

Are you planning on doing an action platformer, where the character has guns or weapons of the sort? Or will you be doing more of a classic platformer, where the challenge lies more in the jumps or enemy placement?

also needs tentacle pits.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe it's just me or the lack of nipples but she looks a bit like a buff man. Maybe a more round chest would fix this.
They look round enough for me. But then again, I've already imagined her with little pink nipples.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

@MoT: The larger the sprites get, the longer the development time is gonna be, but I suppose I can make things a bit bigger, if anything just for the facial expresions.
If we'd all be making tiny we'd probably have a game allready, but my main point mostly was, as someone allready mentioned the similiar style to nightmare sphere, the actual sexing is diffucult to make good if you're gona sprite it. The current size is starting to be pretty good though.

Reputation score

Agreeing with the above, buff up the chest a liiiittle bit so that it's clear she's a woman and not a man. Remember, it's a hentai game, so it's allowed to look a little silly or mildly out of proportion in some places. She doesn't need gag boobs, but they can be a bit more prominent.

Also, minor suggestion that will also help - the panties look like men's tighty whities. Swap them for a bikini-style panty or string panty so it's clear that they're on a woman. With sprites, due to less abilities for super clear details, this kind of thing is important.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

In my experience most of the times if the sprite gets too big they begin to look ugly, since bigger sprites need more details and more work in general, which if you are not really dedicated to your work or a perfectionist, tends to end up with lower quality than it would have been in the original size, considering the plan is a lowrez platformer i'd say small is better.
Bigger is better only when the quality is high, if you zoom in on nightmare sphere it's going to be pixel fuck fest and that's far worse than having to deal wit small animations.

liount

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There hasn't been much in H-game sprite deportment I think, best to have it like the GBA style right? (sounds of Megaman Zero 2 is played)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While I can agree with the panties, they do seem like men's undergarments, I have no idea how you guys are interpreting that as a man. Her chest already sticks out too far, and none of the other muscles on her body agree that she is 'buff' enough to have such a large chest. And the kind of chest most of your are thinking about when you say 'large,' isn't even large. They're extremely large DD's.

It just needs nipples.

Singsong

Lurker
Reputation score

You guys really do spend too much time around the androgynous girly-men of the anime/hentai world if you think that character looks anything but female.

Not attacking anyone, or anything, heaven forfend, but really - I think she looks pretty damn good as it is... But for a pair of nipples at least. Small as it may be, the figure is still unmistakable feminine, and the white 'man-underwear' fits to that feminine shape. I'm really not sure where you guys are coming from on this one.

Still, up to ze arteest themselves to take criticism on board (or not), so having put my two cents in the hat I'm going to return to my lurky ways.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I fixed up the "template" a bit by extending the legs and messing around with the chest a bit. I think it's at a point now where I can manipulate it based on the character, so I'll worry about specifics later, when I'm doing the final characters.

That aside, it's time I started deciding on a scenario/setting so I can actually start doing some in-game assets..

I'm going to write a few outlines for stories and draw some quick character concepts. After I've done a few, I'll pitch them all to you guys and you can decide which one you like best.

However, since this might take a while, feel to keep pitching ideas for game mechanics and whatnot.

Reputation score

Ooo, she looks good! That's some pretty good spritework, very pretty.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the spritework does look good. However, and that's just a matter of taste, I'm not a fan of blondes. In my opinion you should have left that very first hair colour you used up there, that red or auburn.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, the spritework does look good. However, and that's just a matter of taste, I'm not a fan of blondes. In my opinion you should have left that very first hair colour you used up there, that red or auburn.
Same here. While I don't mind blond, most of the other colors of hair I like much better. But if what I read from that is what I think I read, you're making multiple characters anyway. So we'll get the auburn girl too.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

That's not a character I planned on using, I just edited it for the fun of it. I'm doing concepts for characters and stories right now, I'll be posting some later today.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I did some quick character concepts. The're only drawn in a semi-chibi style for the sake of drawing speed, mind you.

Some are okay, some are lame, some don't really look like main characters. I'm gonna do some more later.

Feel free to share your thoughts, or what kind of characters you think I should try making. I'm thinking I might just come up with the story based on the character(s) that will be used.

Last edited:

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - Character concepts pg2

Number 3 looks like the most practical if you ask me.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - Character concepts pg2

Based on aesthetics, practicality, and so forth, my votes are for 3. Maybe add a skirt or something?