What's new

Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer

The obligatory swamp and jungle area's would be nice. Plenty of room to be ambushed by tentacles and other nasties in them.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I see mountains, so lava caves are always a possibility - maybe with some dragon rape? Also normal, dark caves of course to make it harder for the player to see what's coming at him, providing an additional challenge in the later game.

Also, I'd suggest putting a city somewhere in that empty space in the middle, either as a level or a place to buy upgrades, save the game and the like.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some half submerged water cave also wouldn't be bad. Many water creatures have surprisingly lot of tentacles. And don't forget the slime. We need slime. Maybe also in the water cave.

liount

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wouldn't mind a beach area or a field to be there. Maybe a mountain peak area to get some air monsters in there. Why look up in the sky! is it a bird?!

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

An abandoned tower perhaps? or maybe some kind of ruins too

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well I must say this got my attention enough to make me not lurk anymore. Looks extremely promising.

As far as the map goes, the basic cavern, fields, forest, but I do admit that wide open ocean looks like a good spot for a floating sky tower. Would allow the introduction of flying enemies such as harpies or whatnot.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I do admit that wide open ocean looks like a good spot for a floating sky tower. Would allow the introduction of flying enemies such as harpies or whatnot.
Definitely a sky tower. All the background has to be is clouds too, so the level design will be easy.

Not Sure

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What is your opinion of x-rays/cross-sections Kyrieru?

I can think of a lot of ways in how it would improve this game. But I won't waste my breath(keystrokes) if you're not interested.

And similarly a character portrait for the character's face. Likely considerably less animated than an x-ray and permanent. Changing expression depending on her status.

Perhaps its too early but could you tell us about the gameplay mechanics you have in mind?

Personally I'm wondering about:
-struggle systems
-capture & struggle before rape
-struggling to break free from rape

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

ILOVEXRAYS!

Reputation score

Ewww. X-rays are a major turn off for me. I want nothing to do with seeing what's going on inside >_< that stuff is naturally covered up for a reason.

On a side note, I think the reason this project has suddenly got so many people interested has something in part to do with the fact that both Shinobi Girl and Jungle Girl remake have turned into off-topic miscellaneous threads in the face of no updates for weeks.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So we are hoping if we get behind enough games, at least ONE will give us something, right?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Not a fan of xrays. Like the roaming metriodvania idea. Sad to hear the light v dark has been scrapped.

And slightly inspired, but we'll get to that at a later date.

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ewww. X-rays are a major turn off for me. I want nothing to do with seeing what's going on inside >_< that stuff is naturally covered up for a reason.

On a side note, I think the reason this project has suddenly got so many people interested has something in part to do with the fact that both Shinobi Girl and Jungle Girl remake have turned into off-topic miscellaneous threads in the face of no updates for weeks.
its what some addicts(aka used too much of a certain fetish and cannot use it again for a while) try

and if they ever get a kick out of it..
they get some good hard kick out of it..

R

Ryka

X-rays are okay. It indicates you're filled up. <3 I mean, sure I'd be freaked out by a giant womb and you're in it walking around and crud, but Xrays are nothing like that.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well generally an X-ray is shown in a separate mini window...

Mayhaps an option to turn X-ray off/on would be acceptable?

Akumanoko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you feel up to making a swimming sprite, underwater levels are always a nice change of pace.

E

ecoISDP

If you feel up to making a swimming sprite, underwater levels are always a nice change of pace.
But every underwater level takes a lot of hate with the whole you better run to the next air supply or you're gonna get killed or your hp goes down, I hate underwater levels. Plus he'd have to increase the jumping distance and the whole physics thin just for one level. Some sort of a ghost town level would be nice.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But every underwater level takes a lot of hate with the whole you better run to the next air supply or you're gonna get killed or your hp goes down, I hate underwater levels. Plus he'd have to increase the jumping distance and the whole physics thin just for one level. Some sort of a ghost town level would be nice.
A water level sure is heck a lot better then a sewer level.