What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

Oh yes, SOON... OvO

In all honesty i'm filled with curiosity and anticipation of how exactly the main chapters going to unfold and played out. This is some thought that lingers in my head:
-May i say there's element of time management?
-How much the luck factor will affect gameplay, i mean like chance-based event and so on?
Yeah, the game is split into weeks, and you'll only have so many weeks to complete your task.

Events are chance based, exploration is like CoC, and other similar games; you choose a location to visit, and then you get a random event. This will be combined with more static locations that use an imagemap (towns, dungeons, etc).

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, the game is split into weeks, and you'll only have so many weeks to complete your task.

Events are chance based, exploration is like CoC, and other similar games; you choose a location to visit, and then you get a random event. This will be combined with more static locations that use an imagemap (towns, dungeons, etc).
Uh-oh, i hope i don't stumble into a situation where RNG decides to make me his bitch by preventing me triggering the important event i need to complete my task before the deadline. :p

In serious note, how much is the repercussion when your luck failed to trigger the chance-based events you need/seek/want?

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Obviously this is something that will need to be balanced properly, but it isn't good game design to punish players for something out of their control.

Ren'Py actually allows you to "weight" events to make them more likely to be chosen, so hopefully this will go some way to solving the problem (ie if you have a quest, make the needed events very likely to happen).

H.A.C.K.

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game looks interesting. I think I´ll keep an eye out for it :D

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just to let you all know, the backers got the complete prologue at the weekend, which added two more sex scenes (both 3 CGs and an extra cum variant like the Alexia scene). Will go live to the public on the 30th.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A few things that might be of interest to those of you who enjoy the game:

I uploaded a video of me playing around in the post-prologue prototype , for those of you who'd like to see how the game plays after the intro section.

I've also been experimenting with adding some sounds I commissioned to improve the sex scenes, the results of which you can see (and hear) .

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Question, will there be a " do not see... " option? Like, let's say I don't want to see m/m scenes, will there be an option to cut those out?

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The only hard filter is for NTR content, but you have to choose to see all other content, and it is signposted very clearly.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only hard filter is for NTR content, but you have to choose to see all other content, and it is signposted very clearly.
I'm sorry for my stupidity and curiosity but, about that NTR-filter.

Does this mean the NTR scene will just not displayed/always skipped but in actuality it happens (if all requirements fulfilled, either you did it purposely or not), or all NTR events are directly cut out from the story?

Will that change/affect the story in anyway?

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@AGamerPassingBy The latter (all events cut), and while it won't completely change the story, it will be result in certain things being quite different depending on whether you select NTR on or off (i.e. very different versions of Alexia).

YaliJin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

About the NTR content, will it be based on your choices/actions or will it be just part of the story/gameplay and thus unavoidable? I'm kinda neutral towards this kind of content but it would be cool to have the possibility to avoid them without turning the filter on.

dudewall

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll pay attention to anything with yuri

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

About the NTR content, will it be based on your choices/actions or will it be just part of the story/gameplay and thus unavoidable? I'm kinda neutral towards this kind of content but it would be cool to have the possibility to avoid them without turning the filter on.
Not sure, as the problem is a lot of this stuff would occur when the player isn't around, so it would probably have to be turned off. Maybe the player could have some control over the extent of it, I'll have to think about it.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Is this the same game I played looong time ago with 3d anime based graphics ?

YaliJin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not sure, as the problem is a lot of this stuff would occur when the player isn't around, so it would probably have to be turned off. Maybe the player could have some control over the extent of it, I'll have to think about it.
Good to know! I can already imagine a possible event where the protagonist punches the hell out of Andras for sleeping with Alexia, the demon get scared like a lil' boy. End of NTR. Maybe a little too obvious, but effective idea IMO:D

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Releasing this a little early since I have a lot to do this weekend. is the latest version that takes you right up to the end of the prologue. It has two new sex scenes (one FxM and MxM, both clearly signposted and avoidable), each consisting of three cgs.

Next release will be in a few weeks and will feature the post-prologue gameplay.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Game art and general "feel" is excuisite !

Great job.

Too bad it is so short right now.

mrdots

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, fantastic art! Looks very professional. I'm going to try this game. Good luck with your project.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New post detailing where development is focused post-prologue can be read , for those interested.