What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Lipucd] Codename, Tyamet, QB.

masquerade zero

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Codename: -Progressive-

Gotta say, I do love the way things are headed so far, Lipucd, with the QB development, but at the very least I did find one issue aside from the difficulty

not really an issue, but I think an interesting point would be if the loss scenes were a bit more fleshed out, almost...CoC style. You know? to get a feel for what happens to your party. I'd be more than happy to help out with this amazing project any way that I can...cause Zero is broke...</3

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Gotta say, I do love the way things are headed so far, Lipucd, with the QB development, but at the very least I did find one issue aside from the difficulty

not really an issue, but I think an interesting point would be if the loss scenes were a bit more fleshed out, almost...CoC style. You know? to get a feel for what happens to your party. I'd be more than happy to help out with this amazing project any way that I can...cause Zero is broke...</3
You, me, and apparently everyone else to boot! I wouldn't worry too much about the current game over stuff. It's just VERY simplified stand-in's where available, and then just a simple game-over elsewhere. Once more art assist's are finished, we'll be treating you guys towards full CG game over images, and semi-lengthy little ordeals of the entire hive being taken over. Right now that aspects just simplified because trying to strike a balance in combat is hard. @w@;; I on one hand feel battles should be avoided, at least at first because you are lacking upgrades ( not implemented yet ), healing options ( again, not implemented really ), and backup drones ( Yes again, not implemented just yet ). All in due time, and I really wanted right now to see how everyone else was taking towards it.

masquerade zero

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This is true. Battles should be avoided, but I think at the very least the escape option should be implemented in the future >.<

Either that or perhaps there would be a "Back in my day..." mode where the fights are inescapable and the combat difficulty is ramped up. That might please some of the old-school gamers here that want to work for their fapping material.

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I wanted to post this yesterday, but we where down.
But yes, my birthdaygift towards everyone else: Say hello towards the third Q-Bee Demo release. I SHOULD get back to work onto Project: -Croc- now, and following that, codename.

GS90

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any chance for a "tech demo" of project Croc? (One or two battles at the start like with QB)

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Any chance for a "tech demo" of project Croc? (One or two battles at the start like with QB)
I could have ages ago.
It's Croc' game though, not mine, as such I don't release demo's till HE wants demo's released.
I wouldn'r worry TOO much though, let Croc add in what he's going to add, let me spruce it up, and I can see him letting it pass because the games pretty much done and done then.

Reputation score

I saw you posted something gooey on your blog.

So I take it the stuff that was going into the old version of the Tyamet chapter won't be appearing in this single-player game? Like that playable Jessica character and whatnot? It would be cool if Croc would release the scrapped assets or something if they're not going to see the light of day otherwise. The panda AI acts a lot differently in this version, so I'm not sure if you guys were still working in the suit gimmick as well.

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I saw you posted something gooey on your blog.

So I take it the stuff that was going into the old version of the Tyamet chapter won't be appearing in this single-player game? Like that playable Jessica character and whatnot? It would be cool if Croc would release the scrapped assets or something if they're not going to see the light of day otherwise. The panda AI acts a lot differently in this version, so I'm not sure if you guys were still working in the suit gimmick as well.
I think you got my games confused!
OK, so what you are thinking about is 'Codename: Progressive', the main topic header. What got released recently was 'Tyamet Chapter'. They are NOT the same game, nor offer the same content. Tyamet Chapter is based around Chaos Croc's storyline for his own cast in a playable format. Codename guest star's his cast.

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score

I think you got my games confused!
OK, so what you are thinking about is 'Codename: Progressive', the main topic header. What got released recently was 'Tyamet Chapter'. They are NOT the same game, nor offer the same content. Tyamet Chapter is based around Chaos Croc's storyline for his own cast in a playable format. Codename guest star's his cast.
And after playing through the demo I see what you mean about the 'bugginess'. Even managed to juke the floor traps by getting into a fight. Granted, afterwards I couldn't see anything in the middle of the screen since the cg for the trap remained but..

Really hoping switching to VX Ace works out.

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

And after playing through the demo I see what you mean about the 'bugginess'. Even managed to juke the floor traps by getting into a fight. Granted, afterwards I couldn't see anything in the middle of the screen since the cg for the trap remained but..

Really hoping switching to VX Ace works out.
Ditto, it SEEMS to be right now anyway.
If nothing else the battle events are behaving better.

The worse part about XP was doing 'complex' battles, and Croc wanted a lot of that. Multi-step is one thing, but multi-content/multi-step was something else outright...Hell the AI tends to bug out and just skips the first one, even thought I had a ton of triggers to try to ENSURE it can't do that. It's like it was ignoring my work for some reason, and I couldn't pin it on 'why'.

osafune

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So is there any chance on you releasing the old yet updated version of codename: -progressive- that you never released?

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

So is there any chance on you releasing the old yet updated version of codename: -progressive- that you never released?
Past what's already on the website? Not...really. The final build I had ( and was stupid enough to not keep back up's between builds ) pretty much fucked up in wonderful self crashing ways and I couldn't figure out a way to repair the scripts, and of course no one was willing to offer much in the way of help on the RPG Maker Forums.

Otherwise 0.3 XP is there, I never took it down ( thankfully ), so you can grab that at your leisure. Hopefully the rework of Tyamet Chapter isn't too much longer, inserting text is like the hardest part about the entire thing thought for me, everything else, battle including, just works a lot more smoother to get what I want under VX Ace.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I dont enjoy too much the furry but in some way these games are fun, good work and hopes than you get all solved soon.

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I think I might as well use this just to catolog any of my current game projects.

So in contrast:

I got out what I feel to be is a better display of Project Q-Bee, and an idea of how it'll flow once more grounded out. We also got a playable Roomi at last, so there is that!

B

bleahblah

Re: Lipucd's Game Works: Codename, Tyamet, QB.

Looks like more art is being done for this game. I hope for some updates. I just discovered this game and the fact I'm 3 years late to the party.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i wish he would come back.....i know he owes us nothing but his games are so good.....i keep going to his site with hope.....but i see nothing.

OP
Lipucd

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

i wish he would come back.....i know he owes us nothing but his games are so good.....i keep going to his site with hope.....but i see nothing.
Because I haven't wanted to do an update without actually giving people something substantial in content. I'd rather not end up like Breeding Session where I'm putting out not much content just to keep money and interest alive, in turn I can't quite say I'm the 'best' man for the job as I've had to redo my own work 3-4 times over because lots of learning experiences ahoy!
(Also I just recently got done with a move from quite the angry landlord, and there's been some issues after the fact we're still trying to iron out before we can relax. Regardless mo2 and a few others are ensuring I do SOMETHING update wise shortly, so hold onto your butt...)

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Because I haven't wanted to do an update without actually giving people something substantial in content. I'd rather not end up like Breeding Session where I'm putting out not much content just to keep money and interest alive, in turn I can't quite say I'm the 'best' man for the job as I've had to redo my own work 3-4 times over because lots of learning experiences ahoy!
(Also I just recently got done with a move from quite the angry landlord, and there's been some issues after the fact we're still trying to iron out before we can relax. Regardless mo2 and a few others are ensuring I do SOMETHING update wise shortly, so hold onto your butt...)
I can't wait. You and mo2 'gave' me a fascination with Q-Bee. I don't care about anything else from whatever series she's from. It's just the bee girl.

I still occasionally play the latest demo of your Q-Bee game because of that.

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow, and I first found this thread now. Good grief it suddenly got up to frontpage again!

All of those projects look promising, and damn. The BGM in all of them are so spicy. And them fetishes are perfect :p

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

o_O HOLY SHIITTTTT!......i did not expect to get a respone from the man himself...... uhhhhhhhhh sorry if i made you upset man......but im glad to hear that your at least okay......good luck with the landlord.