What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Good lord, man, if you're sick, stay in bed. We'll understand the delay.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Posting here, since this is really about all that's getting affected by it, rather than announcements. I've been having computer issues and might be a bit dodgy in my posting for a bit. Will try to check in, but let's say the delay is working out fine by me, heh.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Dodgy computers, sickness, etc. I'm beginning to think something is out to keep us from playing. Well good luck with your computer dodginess, Copper.

As for me, apparently what I thought was a really bad flu was a misdiagnosis on my part. I thought I was getting better when I had last posted, turns out that when you're appendix ruptures the pain disappears for a while only to come back even worse later on. It's okay though I'm fine, I've managed to lose 10 pounds, and I now have a cool new scar on my stomach which almost matches the old one on the other side.

I'll just go and make a game post now, hopefully I haven't completely forgotten what was going on.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

O.O

Dude, that sucks ass. Glad to see you're better though.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shiiiiiiiit, man. I've always heard that you've only got like a day to get your appendix out after it bursts, I'm glad you're fine. Did they let you keep it, by any chance?

I know, I'm a freakazoid XD

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

No you're right, I just said it wrong. It didn't burst till the day after I last posted before that I just had appendicitis which is essentially just a swollen appendix. I called 911 as soon the pain returned much worse, allowing them plenty of time to get it out of me. Yes if I had wanted to they would have let me keep it afterwards too, but I didn't see the need to hold onto it. Apparently a ruptured appendix is what Houdini died from so at least I learned something from it.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, that really sucks. Guess Houdini's constituent parts weren't as apt at escaping as he himself was, eh?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Murf. The things Eve does to keep herself calm. what a weirdo.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well look at who's running her ya weirdo.:p

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't really mean that she was you, I was just pointing out that you're a weirdo and that some of it may have leaked over into Eve.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Aren't we all weirdos?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm to be called an eccentric, but pretty much yeah.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I prefer geek, heh, but yeah, we're all weirdos in one shape or another.

Glad to hear that you're all right, Ronny. And, given that I'm posting, yup, the computer's back online and I might actually be getting a new one to use for my very own, too. We'll see how that goes.

My mother likes to tell the story of how my uncle went in for appendicitus and his appendix literally burst while in the doctor's hands, so...yeah. Glad to hear that you're all right, again.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well glad to have you back, you didn't really miss all that much either. Just one round of the fight is all.

Strangely I'm the first person in my family to ever get appendicitis, which is apparently quite common. I just wish I didn't have these ugly scars on each side of my stomach. Oddly they both look almost the same just on opposite sides.

EDIT: Did you guy's want me to tell you how much damage you've taken during the combat. I've been keeping track of all of it myself on paper and in the background thread, but i just realized you might not heal yourselves when you need to if you're not tracking it.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah I should probly know how much damage I've taken.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Aye, probably good to know. And, if I'm not mistaken, vamps do automatically heal (unless they supress it) whenever they take damage, so that's another thing to keep in mind, too, since I'm fairly certain we got a lesson in that when River got tackled off the mound o' pallets.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Done, but I thought you had to heal yourself with blood not that it happened automatically. I think I've got them all right, but if anyone's curious go ahead and ask since it is the first combat I've run.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

When in doubt...check the book. According to LotN "One blood trait heals 2 levels of bashing damage or one level of leathal. This process can be performed at the same time as other actions are performed, even alongside discipline use." So, while it's not technically automatically healing, it can be done as quickly as you wish it to, I suppose. Maybe it was a house rule of ours that you had to will yourself to stop healing...probably to discourage people from getting into fights *laughs*

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, it was never automatic for me either, and I can see that becoming a huge pain in the ass. Someone who can only spend 1 blood a round having to use it to automatically heal, and losing the chance to power most of their disciplines, ugh.