What's new

Kyrieru's new game!

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Kyrieru's new game!

If I remember correctly it's less preference and more "effort". Longer hair makes it more difficult to animate and the like.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Nah, long hair is still easy. I just tend to prefer designs with short hair.

OP
kiko

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

I personally think that short hair on female anime characters looks way more prettier.Take Sakura from Naruto as an example,or Nami from One Piece.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

And we have our answer!

I guess I can see the appeal, although I always favor long hair myself... though I have started growing a fondness for shorter styles.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

holy shit.

main character of the next game is Short-haired-brunette-fung-ku-girl-in-a-Gi?

i bought your first game, and i had a look at your second, but it didn't interest me much, but this third one seems to hit every single fetish i have.

seriously.

and did I hear a mention of Steam-punk?

...Proceed

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Karetaka girl + steam punk why not, it really is as original idea.

PerBert

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh, god!!!

I forget to read Kyrieru's blog for less than a week and I discover that he switched to a martial-arts H-sidescroller...

It's already Christmas!!! :cool::cool::cool:

(Being an old fan of Mai Shiranui, the pantless version of the protagonist was ok with me... :D)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Artists usually don't want to hear that their characters look like other popular characters. It may not bother some but it's certainly not a compliment (Unless they were going exactly for what you mention I guess). It's impossible to make a character that looks 100% original.

Popular character A wore a karate/martial arts gi and had short hair, no other character created afterwards in history can have that combination without being compared to them haha.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Artists usually don't want to hear that their characters look like other popular characters. It may not bother some but it's certainly not a compliment (Unless they were going exactly for what you mention I guess). It's impossible to make a character that looks 100% original.

Popular character A wore a karate/martial arts gi and had short hair, no other character created afterwards in history can have that combination without being compared to them haha.
I'm starting to think kyrie has a thing for short hair <3

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And I'm perfectly okay with that.

I think it fits heroines and strong girls well.
:) i think that's just stereotyping, but in the end it doesn't matter what a character looks like :) i'm going about things the other way, picking a appearance stereotype (such as princess peach) and then giving them whichever skills that fit the game i want to make

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh and the orange shirt looks nice Kyrie. She stands out a bit more than just the white. Though her palette is all kind of similar colors currently with the oranges and browns.

:) i think that's just stereotyping, but in the end it doesn't matter what a character looks like :) i'm going about things the other way, picking a appearance stereotype (such as princess peach) and then giving them whichever skills that fit the game i want to make
I don't know how me liking heroines with short hair is stereotyping, but okay.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh and the orange shirt looks nice Kyrie. She stands out a bit more than just the white. Though her palette is all kind of similar colors currently with the oranges and browns.

I don't know how me liking heroines with short hair is stereotyping, but okay.
saying short hair suits strong girls is stereotyping

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

saying short hair suits strong girls is stereotyping
"I think it fits heroines and strong girls well."
"I think"
I think = Opinion and in this case, my personal taste. I didn't claim it as a fact.

Trying not to go too off topic here, sorry. I'd like to see her in different colored Gi's than just the orange.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

"I think it fits heroines and strong girls well."
"I think"
I think = Opinion and in this case, my personal taste. I didn't claim it as a fact.

Trying not to go too off topic here, sorry. I'd like to see her in different colored Gi's than just the orange.
I tried different colors, but none of them really felt as striking.

Of course, if GM was capable of pallete swapping, I'd have different colors in a heartbeat. Buuut unfortunately... -___-

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Of course, if GM was capable of pallete swapping, I'd have different colors in a heartbeat. Buuut unfortunately... -___-
it used to have a colour replace tool, and i'd just use a colour slider in gimp or something

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow I really like all of those. The blue and teal are great because of the clear contrast (Complementary colors) with the browns and reds. The green gives her an earthy hardy look, which maybe you don't want for her character but I think it looks good.

Thanks for posting those. I think without knowing her personality/character I prefer the green for her a bit over the blues.

Last edited:

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Why not use customizable clothing? Players choose a color according to their tastes.

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Huh. I could have sworn you said something in a previous blog entry about long hair designs being more difficult/taking more time/something of the sort. Doesn't really matter to me one way or another though, even if I do prefer long hair.