What's new

Kyrieru's new game!

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Info Thread]Kyrieru's new game!

My only fear is that there is not going to be any GOR or ROR in the new game. As he describes it, the H will be with the enemies you capture to gather materials.

I wouldn't mind H gathering AND ROR in the game.
Getting scenes for actually winning and consentual options are a huge plus in my book, but I don't mind if there's the usual GOR in it: I just won't pursue those personally :)

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Nah, the game will still be GOR, doing that kind of thing with captured enemies would just be optional as a means of enhancement, and stand in somewhat as a gallery mode for enemies.

Last edited:
OP
kiko

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Nah, the game will still be GOR, doing that kind of thing with captured enemies would just be optional as a means of enhancement, and stand in somewhat as a gallery mode for enemies.
Hey,Kyrieru.I have a question.Will this new game also be 5$?If it would cost that much I'd buy it.My compliments on Eroico,it was worth buying. ;)

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey,Kyrieru.I have a question.Will this new game also be 5$?If it would cost that much I'd buy it.My compliments on Eroico,it was worth buying. ;)
I personally think 7-8 usd would still be fair, well actually that's wrong...i think double that would be fine... but i understand if kyrieru wouldnt want to charge that much

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Yeah, it will be $5

Hamger

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hey will you ever add like 1 futa enemy or a stage mainly on futa enemy/boss :D? I like games that has mixed fetishes in there.

blackshot19

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I personally think 7-8 usd would still be fair, well actually that's wrong...i think double that would be fine... but i understand if kyrieru wouldnt want to charge that much
I agree with this. Even if you were to only increase the price to 6 bucks, you'd probably make a greater profit. I am entirely willing to pay an extra dollar for your work, especially with other works costing triple your price but offering nowhere near the same amount of satisfaction.

Thundragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really look forward into Kyrieru's new game, yet I fear it may be too much for him to finish in less time than Eroico.

I mean, even if he has already developed the engine and hires a side artist, it'll probably still gonna take a lot of time to program all enemies, rooms, and make the animations. I hope he doesn't get blocked again, although considering the outcome of his last block was an awesome game I guess we'll all win anyway

shadowtempered

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And i wish that he concentrates on gameplay rather than the H-Aspect.I seriously bought kurovadis because it was a metroidvania,and a good one too.
Agreed entirely on that one! If I have to choose between something like a Kurovadis or any of those Softhouse Seal platformers, I'll pick the Kurovadis in an heartbeat.

Anyway, the basic concept of this new game certainly sound interesting and it looks to be viable from a design standpoint without taking years of development.

The one thing I'm a bit wary about though is the potential grind aspect of the game. From the sound of it, you'll be repeating the same areas with randomly placed items and enemy location for materials every day, until you have enough to get a new ability that allows you to progress to the next "main stage". That sounds fun and helps making the game longer, but I can see it definitively becoming tedious if you have to repeat the very same area a ton of times.
Perhaps bad wording on my part, as I didn't mean to take away from what is enjoyed in the games. It is possible to have both, though production times increase, and I was simply saying I'd like to see what kind of product he could make, considering the quality of gameplay, if it wasn't only a metroidvania style game.

I've never played a Softhouse game, so I can't comment or compare/contrast similarities. He doesn't really have much to compare against or at least I'm not aware of to many quality games in the same vein.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Anybody have upgrades they'd particularly like to see? If you can repeatedly improve your jets, maybe it could end up with you having multiple jumps and dashes, plus a hover mode. Like in endgame Nightmare Sphere, with the wings and all the mobility orbs.

Since biological upgrades are apparently optional, I doubt you'll be gecko-climbing up walls or using a tentacle-arm as a Grapple Beam. But maybe some kickass melee attacks would still be viable. A dog that pounces and grabs you might teach you how to modify your dodge roll to deal damage to what you pass through. Something that drains your health after it grabs you might let you heal from being grabbed by other stuff.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

Anybody have upgrades they'd particularly like to see? If you can repeatedly improve your jets, maybe it could end up with you having multiple jumps and dashes, plus a hover mode. Like in endgame Nightmare Sphere, with the wings and all the mobility orbs.

Since biological upgrades are apparently optional, I doubt you'll be gecko-climbing up walls or using a tentacle-arm as a Grapple Beam. But maybe some kickass melee attacks would still be viable. A dog that pounces and grabs you might teach you how to modify your dodge roll to deal damage to what you pass through. Something that drains your health after it grabs you might let you heal from being grabbed by other stuff.
I like those ideas.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I felt that was Nightmare Sphere's biggest strength, in my opinion. The multi jumps, the aerial dashes you could vary your height during it, and bosses that actually required you to make good use of it. It was pretty thrilling!

The thing is, I actually played Nightmare Sphere before Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I bought SotN after beating Nightmare Sphere like 4 times and learning that Nightmare Sphere was based on it. SotN is a good game (obviously), with tons of inventory items, secrets and enemies, but...

Nightmare Sphere was more fun for me, solely due to the "flow" of battles and your agility edge (and the fact you actually had to use it well). If this new game has a good battle flow too, I'll be in heaven!

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

In case you were wondering, the game will no longer be sci fi themed. A lot of what I had planned would have overlapped with Kurovadis 2, so I figured I'd do something else for this game, and save the sci-fi related concepts for Kuro.

As you may have guessed, the combat will be based around martial arts, and dbz/street fighter-ish super moves. It will mostly be fantasy themed, with some possible steam punk elements. It will still be a metroidvania with rpg elements.

And yes, you will be able to do a hadouken.
Still sounds cool. I like the sprite, but I hope the fighting moves aren't too complicated. I'm a Smash Bros guy, don't care for Street Fighter.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Always gotta watch out for trying to do too much at once. It's easy to just want to try to throw all the ideas you have into one game but it never turns out well. Games created with that mindset are almost never finished. Good that he noticed the overlap with a possible sequel to Kuro and changed the theme.

Kyrie does well because he can separate his different ideas/plans and save the ones that don't fit well into the current game for future projects. Not a lot of people have the presence of mind to do that lol.

P.S: The higher res sprites are amazing. If you can pull off good animations with those sprites, it'll be a huge upgrade. Now with the bigger sprites you can play with color schemes more which is nice. With smaller sprites if you don't use huge color contrasts between skin, hair and clothes color, it looks terrible. I learned that from experience trying create a 48x48 pale skinned sprite that had blonde hair and light clothes.

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I found it one of the downsides to the H in Kurovadis. It was all so small you couldn't tell what was going on too well.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

I found it one of the downsides to the H in Kurovadis. It was all so small you couldn't tell what was going on too well.
Sprite sex much?

Edited the thread title to Incomplete,as Kyrieru started working on his new game.And added information to first post.

Last edited:

Picaboo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Kyrieru's new game!

I don't know about the new girl. All his other characters had a cartoon feel to them but this one seems like she's out of a street fighter game and I don't really like the genre. I would have preferred he styed with his old design (even if taken out of a scifi theme).

Ah well, better wait and see the demo when it comes out before complaining.

Spastus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't think he is oging for the big sprites just yet, it's just a test for now.

CPTKeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Somehow, the idea of game system his making for his third game reminds me of [-Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils-] "http://doujingravity.blogspot.com/2010/10/bunny-must-die-chelsea-and-7-devils.html".

I just wish Kyrieru's characters has a long hair but, I guess he prefer girls with short hair.