What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Kurovadis (RE093841)

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Kurovadis (OUT NOW! BUY IT)

Bought from the blog.Where do I put another 5 bucks as donation? ?

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Yep, that's the place.

fendo11

Lurker
Reputation score

I spammed points into defense, and then I was unstoppable!

TURTLE STRATEGY CANNOT BE DEFEATED!!! Bosses were doing 1 damage to me. >=D

I liked this game. It respects the turtle strategy. I'll probably buy the next one, as well.

P.S - I just wanted to say: The music is truly fantastic! :)
U made me LOL so hard, and yes i agree with everything in this quote

I suck at the wall bouncing crap, i cant get up the 2 walls right after the first boss. love the game so far, but HATE those 3 lazers. i've spent the last 2 hours trying to get past those, but i cant time the jumps right. any advice. and to the sarcastic responses or the "Your just a noob" here is my retort - Piss off.
Try pressing down or up along with the direction you want to go in so you can roll into the next wall, gives you much more height (since you reach other wall faster)

As for timing, I can't remember since I beat the game like 3 weeks ago? Well whenever it was released

Whiskeyclone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

for those wall juimps with lazers to get to the power up after the first boww i believe i had to kinda hover under each lazer beam by letting her fall a bit before re jumping till the timing twas right then roll jump, repeat for the next one. I dont really think its reasonable to expect to take no damage, but I think I took maybe one hit from spikes on the way up, then one hit coming back out.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So, I want to buy this, and certainly won't pirate it, but I'm paranoid about someone I know tracking the money trail, or, well, any documentation of the transaction at all. Solutions?

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Pay someone else to pay me for it? I don't know lol.

It shows up as buying "Vadis" and as a payment to [email protected], when you buy it.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That idea is what I want to avoid, but that information is actually comforting to know, thanks. Now I have much less reason to be paranoid, even though I don't think anyone else would have really cared in the first place.

tycho0042

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

fun game so far. I would love to see an adjustment to it though. Configurable controls!
This game's controls are just not good for me. The keyboard makes my wrist hurt and the controller is too loose. I'm using a wired xbox controller and half the time I tumble if I want to or not. I seriously would love to see the d-pad be made available for directional movement.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

If you use JoyToKey, you can switch to using the Dpad.

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Aside from JoyToKey, for xbox/360 controllers the is basically the best thing ever.

It lets you remap buttons at the driver level, meaning you won't have button config issues ever again. You can also have multiple button profiles and toggle between them with the guide button (active profile is indicated by the lights).

It's a bit of a pain to get installed but it's worth it. The most common issue is the microsoft drivers taking priority, in which case you need to go into the device manager and manually tell it to use xbcd.inf.

SBresource

Banned
Reputation score

HD Commentary Game Play And Walk through

Lower Resolution Commentary Game Play And Walk through

SB Resource Review

Game Play: 5/5
Graphics: 3/5
Sound: 4/5
Controls: 5/5
Story: 0/5
Difficulty 4/5

I have been playing video games for twenty years, it's good to finally see a Hentai game that is actually a game. Most of the DL-Site's "games" are in fact not a game at all. When I first played this, it was amazingly difficult. I spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to proceed past the "Double Stacked Turret's" Then I spent another hour trying to climb up the area of spikes with a moving platform. Kyrieru was nice enough to tell me and provide a visual of how to proceed. I felt very ashamed when I had e-mailed him. I was level 13 by the time I first fought the "Mad Scientist" the first boss of the game. Up until this point I had spent nearly 4 hours at the first instance of the game. As I proceeded I started to get a knack for the controls and layout of the game. I thought I was just playing a naughty game to see some "goodies" but as I played and played. When I became stuck again and again, searching the net for resources on where to go, what to do and how to get there. To no avail I found no content of Kyrieru's game. Since how I do some reviewing of games, make tutorials, have my own comic show I thought to myself "Kurovadis deserves spotlight" So, after I played it the first time. I played it again and actually tried out many various things; from weapons to monsters to controlling the terrain. I discovered bugs, glitches and things that I couldn't do before. I was finally ready to screen record and capture this marvelous game. I found it a little tricky commentating and controlling "our" little heroin girl, whoever she may be. Unfortunately my last computer fell down a flight of stairs and I am using Magix Music Maker 8 from hundreds of years ago (long time) and I can't afford to purchase new software. However the rendering is going to take about 9 hours and will look not to shabby.

Overall
I have experienced 8 different bugs, 4 of them crashed the game
I know this is a 2D side scroller but slightly enhanced graphics is needed
There is no names or references (Heroin, Weapons, Monsters, Bosses, Areas)
There is no story what so ever
There is somewhat of a balance issue with the game. Some monsters yield high XP where they shouldn't whereas other monsters yield next to nothing

I believe if these changes are made you can get more people to buy your game and of course more adorable fans at your door.

I have finished playing, commentating, instructed, censored and established my play through/walk through guide. It will be up and ready tomorrow!

Tags
Kurovadis, Kyrieru, SB, SB Resource, Walk through, Guide, Game Play, Play through, H, H Game, Hentai, Hentai Game, 2D, Side Scroll, Review, Pixel, Last Boss, How to

Last edited:

pikanite

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey Kyrieru, with the sales you've gotten, how much time are you going to spend on your next game?

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I'll be spending around 4 months on it, I think.

That's about how long Kurovadis took working on it off and on ever so often, so I figure working on a game full time for four months will be plenty of time to make a far superior game.

After that, if the game's development goes smoothly and has as many sales as Kurovadis, (which it should, if it's better), I'll feel confident enough to tackle a more complicated game, with a longer development cycle.

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'll be spending around 4 months on it, I think.

That's about how long Kurovadis took working on it off and on ever so often, so I figure working on a game full time for four months will be plenty of time to make a far superior game.

After that, if the game's development goes smoothly and has as many sales as Kurovadis, (which it should, if it's better), I'll feel confident enough to tackle a more complicated game, with a longer development cycle.
I think you should have plot events in your new game, and considering that a lot of your buyers were Japanese, it'd be better to have a version of the game with Japanese text, instead of having them interpret the English instructions (for skills in the last game, but if more story is exposed in the coming game, then for that as well).

The music was atmospheric though, and Kourvadis was fun enough not to need much background story. But, I think things can only be improved if there's a goal to the character's actions.

Oh, and if you do think having more story is good, then it should be easy enough to find someone to translate your text into Japanese. I'd do that as you go along, rather than wait til the end and possibly forego it.

Good luck, Kyrieru.

SBresource

Banned
Reputation score
Kurovadis the soon to be lost game

I think you should have plot events in your new game, and considering that a lot of your buyers were Japanese, it'd be better to have a version of the game with Japanese text, instead of having them interpret the English instructions (for skills in the last game, but if more story is exposed in the coming game, then for that as well).

The music was atmospheric though, and Kourvadis was fun enough not to need much background story. But, I think things can only be improved if there's a goal to the character's actions.

Oh, and if you do think having more story is good, then it should be easy enough to find someone to translate your text into Japanese. I'd do that as you go along, rather than wait til the end and possibly forego it.

Good luck, Kyrieru.
Many Japanese second language is English. It is easier to translate English to Japanese then it is to translate Japanese into English. More then 90% of H-games are Japanese. We need to cheer our developer and stick to English. Besides that, I am sure that the developer doesn't know moon speak. However, what he can do is. If his new game reaches his goal. He then can translate it into Japanese.

And to my understanding Kyrieru doesn't care about his game he just wants to make money. By all means, thats okay. I was first doing him a favor (free) and he became a dick. So, now I am just doing the community a favor. For the games sake.

PS
Anyone who wants to help me out with a huge project with this game KUROVADIS. Send me a message from the forum. Kyrieru won't release any information. Very simple info I might add, so depending how many of you might volunteer. It could take weeks or days. I don't want anyone to steal my idea so I won't say what it is. However if you have a lot of time then send me a message. Depending how much you contribute, I will include...
Your Name
Any blog or site you might have with a link
Links to a channel or relative source you might have
And I may throw in a special request you might have :p

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score
Re: Kurovadis the soon to be lost game

Many Japanese second language is English. It is easier to translate English to Japanese then it is to translate Japanese into English. More then 90% of H-games are Japanese. We need to cheer our developer and stick to English. Besides that, I am sure that the developer doesn't know moon speak. However, what he can do is. If his new game reaches his goal. He then can translate it into Japanese.

And to my understanding Kyrieru doesn't care about his game he just wants to make money. By all means, thats okay. I was first doing him a favor (free) and he became a dick. So, now I am just doing the community a favor. For the games sake.

PS
Anyone who wants to help me out with a huge project with this game KUROVADIS. Send me a message from the forum. Kyrieru won't release any information. Very simple info I might add, so depending how many of you might volunteer. It could take weeks or days. I don't want anyone to steal my idea so I won't say what it is. However if you have a lot of time then send me a message. Depending how much you contribute, I will include...
Your Name
Any blog or site you might have with a link
Links to a channel or relative source you might have
And I may throw in a special request you might have :p
Stopped bothering to read once you said that Kyrieru only cares about the money. You have no clue what your'e talking about. Kyrieru has posted on here plenty of times giving information about his game as well as stating that he doesn't even mind if it is pirated. Yeah...that sounds like somebody that is only out for the money to me. :rolleyes:

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

I actually didn't expect this game to be pirateable for a long time because of how close-knit the community was about the dev..

Doing a medium-core pirate-search, I was only able to find V4 on a backwoods hentai forum.

Regardless of if someone thinks I'm mean, or an asshole for pirating, I say with all due honesty and sincerity that if I had a paypal account, and the required money, I would buy this game, regardless if I pirated it or not..

Dev's like this are a definite rarity, and need to be pampered with cash and praise to fully mature..

Too much cash, and they'll get lazy and spoiled.. Too much praise, and they'll get full of themselves..

I hope this one gets what he deserves, and makes plenty of awesome games.

lolfro

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can anyone help me with unlocking the final boss area....:mad:

I'm trying to find where all the tentacle things to unlock the final boss but the place is so damn big i dunno where to go.

So far i only destroyed one them tentacle barriers at the area where you get the Lazer...........

SBresource

Banned
Reputation score

@StiffSponge

Everyone pirates. Everyone. Simply searching in Google Images is pirating, the moment you save that file you pirated. Most artwork, CG, other images are copy written. Those 10-15 dollar romance novels you see at the store can simply be read online for free. Heck, you can protect your arse if you listen to music on YouTube or an online radio and download with a utility. However, it just depends what you do with it.

Look at Tifa Tan X (If you never played this, you will love it more then kurovadis) that 2D beat 'em smash 'em H-Game. Way better game and it was pirated in a panic. More so, 50% of the people that pirate at one point and time actually purchase something. There is even legit pirating where something copy written is out of date, it then becomes free to the public. I am one of those people who if I enjoy something more then one of those play/view once situations I buy the product to benefit the developer. Not everything is worth paying for. Lets say you buy a CD from one of your favorite artists and lets say it has 10-18 songs. You listen to every song and find out there is only one good song. Not worth the $20-25 that you paid for and there is no way of telling the artist or company that it was wretched and you want your money back.

"
Too much cash, and they'll get lazy and spoiled.. Too much praise, and they'll get full of themselves.. I hope this one gets what he deserves, and makes plenty of awesome games."

I totally agree, I fully support first time developers. However if your second game or sequel is an absolute flop.l Don't expect to keep your fans. Continue to make flops and expect your product to be stolen. Your product is only worth how much time you put into it. Spend a week, well then expect to get a week's pay.

If Kyrieru did not make this 2D and if it was to simple, he would not have caught my attention. Oh catching my attention doesn't matter? Say that to the next twenty people and multiply that by 100. Thats 2000... I am just saying any comment or recommendation spreads faster then you think. Look at "Illusion" the company who made Battle Rapper 2, Artificial Girl, Sexy beach. There tittles were severely pirated. I guarantee we would see differently if it wasn't done so. This epidemic is growing rapidly. Take MegaUpload for example, yeah we've all used it at one point in time to get something we want without paying for it. Now look at it, it is being investigated by the F.B.I. Also look at Japan and lolicon, nations are wanting Japan to make it illegal to sell such a product. Maybe one day the world will act like China where everything is monitored and restricted or it will stay hush hush. Do we shut down the internet to keep "Libraries" open or do we just become more moral.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

One of my very few complaints about this game is that I sure wished you could set the volume level on the BGM =/ Sometimes it is completely overbearing.