What's new

Kimochi, a new game distribution platform for Hentai Games!

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Kimochi, a new game distribution platform for Hentai Games!

That wasn't the main part of my point though.
Even if your CC information is safe, spending $50 on some games only for that transaction to be wiped from their database and having no record of it, or it closing down due to not being able to keep the site up and losing access to what you bought, are concerns.
Steam works because you have confidence that it'll always be there and that they likely won't screw you over.
Oh, I missed that on account of your main points being about the payment processing part (i.e. facilitating the purchase, rather than providing services such as hosting etc). To use the anology provided, if you pay for goods on Steam with Paypal, you don't particularly care if Paypal disappears because Steam is still there.

Permenancy of services could indeed be an issue, but perhaps not as much of an issue as you think. For starters, I'm not sure that Kimochi would be providing these services, although that's more due to the fact that Kimochi has been fairly ill-defined in what they say they're going to provide. Also I'd point out that provided they provide a sufficient number of downloads, it's probably fine. For example, there's a lot of indie games hosted on sites like Sendowl (e.g. Rimworld, Prison Architect before it was a Steam game), but no-one seems to complain too much that Sendowl only provides a limited number of downloads. Finally, any new entrant to this space would have the same limitations, so this isn't a Kimochi specific issue (although I will admit that their difficulty in keeping the forums up doesn't bode well...)

So provided that Kimochi doesn't seek to implement some kind of always-on DRM solution or online features (like Steam), I don't think permenancy is that big an issue.

Sadako

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's the thing of potentially not being able to go back and download it any time, though.

My assumption is that distribution would be handled by it and not the creators.

steamydev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, thanks for the continued interest in Kimochi, please keep giving us feedback!

Re: forum migration, I really apologize for this one, but it had to be done because lots of users were confused as to why their client and forum credentials were different. Now your kimochi account is your forum account. I believe this is a much better user experience over all.

Re: Security, we do not store any personal information whatsoever, so if our servers are ever compromised, your email, username, password, credit card number, etc. are all safe.

Next up, payments: we now support our first paid content: Eromancer's Malise and the Machine! If you want to sell your game on Kimochi, please feel free to contact me or head over to kimochi.co and submit an application to become a publisher. You can also chat with us from the client if you have any questions.

We've also added lots of new, free content, so go check it out (kimochi.co)!

Last edited:

Ziza

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Good to see it's alive and expanding :) Been a while since I tried the platform, it's looking really great and - so far - working OK!

E

erobotan

gratz on finally opening the store!

my game probably still need a couple of months before i can sell it >.<

steamydev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

gratz on finally opening the store!

my game probably still need a couple of months before i can sell it >.<
@Erobotan, Kimochi is the perfect place to share work-in-progress. You can push updates to your contents and your users will automatically have access to new versions in one place. You can also create multiple pieces of content for a single product, for example, if you want to release a free demo along side a paid full game. We also want to turn our forums into a home for creators: a place where you can go to look for teammates and get feedback from other developers/artists/designers.

E

erobotan

Kimochi is the perfect place to share work-in-progress. You can push updates to your contents and your users will automatically have access to new versions in one place. You can also create multiple pieces of content for a single product, for example, if you want to release a free demo along side a paid full game. We also want to turn our forums into a home for creators: a place where you can go to look for teammates and get feedback from other developers/artists/designers.
Sounds great! While it will be a while until my game is finished, I think I can release a proper demo for Kimochi soon (hopefully in 2-3 weeks).

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Majo is now available on the for the original price i had for paypal

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is kimochi still alive? Their twitter doesn't have any new tweet since 3 December last year. The blog wasn't updated for a month.

Nomo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is kimochi still alive? Their twitter doesn't have any new tweet since 3 December last year. The blog wasn't updated for a month.
Yup, I update my game there every month, you can go to their forums for updates and such, I dont think they use twitter often.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yes its stilll alive, I got my sales report on the 5th and theyre working hard

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Cool! I hope they will release a 32bits version of their client soon!

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yes its stilll alive, I got my sales report on the 5th and theyre working hard
Yeah it's still alive but it needs way more activity. More similar to this forums but that's probably too hard dunno.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ON TOPIC: It is a little worrisome the lack of activity recently, but it was the holidays. Plus, their forums remain active. They just need to get more games being released to increase their digital footprint. They have a great foundation in place, and I'm very hopeful that it succeeds.

OFF TOPIC: Probably not worth replying to Murky... Anyone who accumulates the level of negreps in 16 posts is trolling. I wrote him off the second he derided my FREE translation efforts. Better to focus on the 95% of people on these boards who are awesome.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ON TOPIC: It is a little worrisome the lack of activity recently, but it was the holidays. Plus, their forums remain active. They just need to get more games being released to increase their digital footprint. They have a great foundation in place, and I'm very hopeful that it succeeds.

OFF TOPIC: Probably not worth replying to Murky... Anyone who accumulates the level of negreps in 16 posts is trolling. I wrote him off the second he derided my FREE translation efforts. Better to focus on the 95% of people on these boards who are awesome.
last i heard they were working on a thing that would have browser pages for free games but i dont know the specifics

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Kimochi still active. I just receive my last payment after New Year holiday :)

I think the main problem is there are only 6+ games selling on Kimochi.
But 30+ unfinished or free projects that don't make them any profit (at least for now).
It's hard for Kimochi to get popular by unfinished projects. People can go to creators' sites or patreon for test game instead of Kimochi.

Kimochi's life is depend on you guys (game dev, both patreon or non-patreon) :p

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But 30+ unfinished or free projects that don't make them any profit (at least for now).
It's hard for Kimochi to get popular by unfinished projects. People can go to creators' sites or patreon for test game instead of Kimochi.

im selling more than 6 games on there by myself, i just grouped the older games into my collection so as not to annoy people by flooding it

OP
HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can say I'm going to be (hopefully) able to help with a little boost of sales to the site here soon with something I've got coming out, so we'll see!

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That's what i'm looking for, to publish on kimochi. But looks like it's getting hard to get approved in there. Been waiting for more than a week now.
I really see potential in the platform but i think some aspects need to be faster.

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll contact Kimochi when I have a finished product, I don't think there's any sense doing it at this point, plus the whole english thing is "just starting" compared to the Japanese market, Kimochi might actually thrive in the future.