What's new

max7238

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: JSK工房 Hgames Thread

My only issue now is that I can't find his new game anywhere. I can read Japanese well enough to play these games, but now that I have the others I'm VERY curious about the new one...

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

There was a link somewhere in the thread.

TheJester2009

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I had a link posted to the newest one on page 14.

Yatol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

ending help with the knight girl plz

runeflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ritsu,

I figured you wouldn't remove the censor, but I thought you post said that you did uncensor it but then added it back in after laughing or something. I was trying to get the steps on what you did to uncensor the flash. I figured it out though.

thanks anyways.

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

On the path to uncensoring, what route did YOU take?

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

For uncensoring flash files, there's a guide on another forum that tells you what tools you need and offers download help. For JSK games, at least the Knight Princess one, it was a blue bar. You remove it from every flash file, and the censor disappears.

XDrakeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Darkwatcher10
Hey there,
as i wrote some pages before i started translating these games just for fun and to see how good it works. After some tests with shion i started to do orekko. By now i translated the whole intro (the story is totally different than i thought it is :))

I dont really know if i will finish it but lets see how good it works...;)

Now im facing some problems with the button translation ( i dont see any text)
I will explain this problem better after i came back from my holidays. (tomorrow im flying to cuba for 10 days)

So ill report here after im back home again.

Sigfried

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@XDrakeX: Have a nice trip. Have fun.
I'm actually very anxious to see Orekko translated...

runeflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@Lucky777,

I found the post on hongfire.com. I used the SWF editing script provided by chronomaster.

The script doesn't seem to like the latest version of 010 Editor, so you have to go back and find version 3.1.3 or even 3.1.1.

Darn. Can't post links yet, but it's on the hongfire website under the title "Have a Hentai SWF you want uncensored? (Adobe Flash Only) ".

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Actualy you can uncensor jsk games with the ytinasni program.
Just add these lines:
Replace #*the blue box number*
*empty line*

max7238

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the link to the new game.
By the way, since I haven't seen it on the first few pages or these recent ones, there's a flash tool for Adobe AIR called Minerva that allows easy save-editing. Just die to create a save file, then follow the directory spoken of on page 14, and open the .sol
AND boom. Edit away...

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Actualy you can uncensor jsk games with the ytinasni program.
Just add these lines:
Replace #*the blue box number*
*empty line*
You'd still have to decompress the flash file to find out what it is...

Darkwatcher10

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@XDrakeX
That's awesome. I remember figuring out what the base of the story was in the past, but I've already forgotten now. I hate when this happens because I tend to drive myself nuts for a few days trying to remember what I've forgotten (which is about as straight forward and easy as it sounds).

Mojo

Reputation score

Hi there.

I've been trying to edit the text in these things so I can read them (I don't read Japanese or Chinese), so I downloaded several different swf editors, and I can't figure out how to find the text let alone edit it.

What program is good for doing these translations? Any tips to doing it more efficiently?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Hi there.

I've been trying to edit the text in these things so I can read them (I don't read Japanese or Chinese), so I downloaded several different swf editors, and I can't figure out how to find the text let alone edit it.

What program is good for doing these translations? Any tips to doing it more efficiently?
Umm....out of curiosity, are you just going to do a machine translation or just add in whatever you want them to say?

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

@Mojo, try reading the thread (somewhere around the 10th page).

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Devil Girl Translation update:

All the strings in the main SWF file have at least a basic translation now. I'd say half of those I'm happy with as they are, the other half are in a state of needing further refinement. That might mean they need another pass, with some context to improve their meaning, or that they are little better than machine translations.

Each ending and H-scene has its own SWF file, each with its own set of strings to translate. I've not done a lot of these yet, but many of these strings are things like "Mmn!" and "Ahn~" if you get my meaning. Translating those shouldn't take as long. Most of the "sex talk" uses words and metaphors unfamiliar to me, interesting from a language-learner's perspective, but slightly tricky to translate at times.

Couple of quick questions:

The game makes several references to "Devils" as a race. The backstory is that the Human player has sought out the ruler of the Devils to end a war between Humans and Devils. I personally prefer "Demons" as a word than "Devils", and have been using the former in my translations. Does anyone feel strongly about that? Prefer one over the other?

The titular girl is referred to in the game as 魔族の王 "Mazoku no Ou" or literally "King of the Devils". In Japanese "王" can be gender-neutral, so it makes sense for her to be called that, but in English it doesn't sound right to call a female "king". I can't think of a suitable replacement which sounds right. "Monarch of the Devils" just doesn't work if you ask me. I could use "Queen" I suppose, but one of the first things the player can say in the game is "I have no business with the daughter of the <魔族の王>" implying that he does not expect the ruler of the Devils to be a woman. Any suggestions on how to deal with this pronoun problem? At the moment I've just left all instances of 魔族の王 as "Demon King".

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Each ending and H-scene has its own SWF file, each with its own set of strings to translate. I've not done a lot of these yet, but many of these strings are things like "Mmn!" and "Ahn~" if you get my meaning. Translating those shouldn't take as long..
Don't know about demon lord, but in the games i've done, this part takes the most time, because h scenes have a shitload of lines and the 'mmm' things are like 40% of them.

As for the name, i'd go with Demon Lord. But the name doesn't really matter that much, i think.