What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

flarglberg

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

Sorry if this has already been covered in the old thread, but I couldn't find it using the search tool. Whenever I try to hit up the cobolio hideout my game always crashes at the "Now Loading" screen. The error message that pops up says:

"Runtime error 216 at 00402D0C."

Does anyone have an idea what it means? It has popped up in both this version and the previous version both with and without translation patches. Any help would be awesome.

corsair2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry if this has already been covered in the old thread, but I couldn't find it using the search tool. Whenever I try to hit up the cobolio hideout my game always crashes at the "Now Loading" screen. The error message that pops up says:

"Runtime error 216 at 00402D0C."

Does anyone have an idea what it means? It has popped up in both this version and the previous version both with and without translation patches. Any help would be awesome.
It means you have managed to install a Trojan/backdoor on your computer (Subseven) and is an error unrelated to the game. You want to go through the process of removing the trojan.

corsair2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I cannot swear on my life that it will work for you, so make a backup of your Save folder first. Out of curiosity, tell me if it doesn't work for you.

SAVE LOG

"EC" = Ecstacy (Orgasm) Count, makes main character gain pleasure more easily PERMANENTLY during battles
"All levels unlocked" = Slum unlocked (Cobolio/green gangsters), Tunnels (roach) unlocked, all levels of Laipas unlocked,
including Fly Hunter, Goboliy, and Orc random encounter. If you can't get these last 3, just keep leaving
those stages and re-entering until you see that things are different (e.g., no enemies in sight or can't leave the area).

SAVES
No. 01 - Mendes Bros, EC=0
No. 02 - Cobolio Gang revisited 1st time (oral), EC=0
No. 03 - Purple Guy/Assar (reverse cowgirl @ 0HP and finger when close), EC=0
No. 04 - All levels unlocked, EC=0
No. 05 - All levels unlocked, EC=631
No. 06 - All levels unlocked, EC=79
No. 07 - Lost to Mendes Bros.; go to bar, second option for CG scene in bathroom, hit Left for 1st POV
No. 08 -
No. 09 -
No. 10 -
No. 11 - All levels unlcocked, EC=645
Saves appear to work outside of the EC levels. There also appear to be a ton of other random saves included.

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Saves appear to work outside of the EC levels. There also appear to be a ton of other random saves included.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, you can ignore all of those.

I was intending to have a save for the Vagrant / Alley Kids too, but I goofed something up with the folders. Now I have a copy of the game where I can get the Vagrant / Alley Kids but not the Orcs / Enteledions (??), and vice versa for another copy of the game. Oh well, I'll figure that out another day and provide a better Save file.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It means you have managed to install a Trojan/backdoor on your computer (Subseven) and is an error unrelated to the game. You want to go through the process of removing the trojan.
I'm curious as to how your super sleuthing prowess can to that exact conclusion.

Odds are that a file is missing or got renamed in the download/extraction process. That, or you're missing a DLL file which the game is trying to use but your version of Windows doesn't have. Try doing an update on your video card drivers. That, or you're using Windows 8, which doesn't like this game....

Ebelaar

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm curious as to how your super sleuthing prowess can to that exact conclusion.

Odds are that a file is missing or got renamed in the download/extraction process. That, or you're missing a DLL file which the game is trying to use but your version of Windows doesn't have. Try doing an update on your video card drivers. That, or you're using Windows 8, which doesn't like this game....
Likely because a quick google search comes up with a microsoft page and a few others pointing out the likelihood of it being a virus.

That said, the other possible culprit is a registry error and/or damage of some kind to the registry.

In any case I'd run a scan with your antivirus of choice, preferably while offline(some viruses will be far harder to remove if you're online at the time) just to be sure, flarglberg. If nothing comes up, check the registry for errors; any number of programs available online can help with fixing registry issues.

EDIT: On-topic, I wonder when we'll get a good ol' canine enemy. Been wanting one of those for awhile. :3

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If I could wish for one enemy I'd opt for a vore-themed enemy, some giant snail or leech. I guess many here would detest that and I doubt that inui is up to more exotic themes (dat breeding though), but providing this at least once would be blast and it would fit the game quite nicely.

corsair2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Because Googling "Runtime error 216" comes up with this specific problem and it affects things beyond this game. It is common enough that even Microsoft's knowledge base has an article on it:

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

EDIT: On-topic, I wonder when we'll get a good ol' canine enemy. Been wanting one of those for awhile. :3
When he had his original website with just nano-crisis on it, he was using all daz3d purchased models as enemies. I kept trying to get him to let me send some werewolves I got a whole pack of and he kept turning me down :mad:

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

When he had his original website with just nano-crisis on it, he was using all daz3d purchased models as enemies. I kept trying to get him to let me send some werewolves I got a whole pack of and he kept turning me down :mad:
Protip: When you want someone to have something, give it to them first, then tell them they can return it if they don't want it*. That way, the decision is:

"don't do anything [keep item]" vs "go through the trouble of returning this item"

instead of:

"go through the trouble of accepting this item" vs "don't do anything [never receive item]"

*(as an aside, really you don't even have to tell them they can return it. They know they can return it.)

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My game crashes every time when I get knocked down and grabbed by the orcs (when the orcs "inserts" his dick).

I am using Ver 20160221 in combination with Ver 20160103, Wessex' update and the W8 starter included in the OP with a save that has been used on previous versions before.
Has anyone any idea what I need to fix to progress?

I'm using Win8.1

Edit: Sound disabled fixed it.

Last edited:

moot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hello,

has anyone else tried forcing anti-aliasing through AMD or nvidia's control panel?

i've forced AA (specifically 4x super-sampling) through AMD's "radeon settings" and it really helped when zooming in on character models! :D Going to try 8x super-sampling next.

i have a strong feeling this post will get ignored

Last edited:

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello,

has anyone else tried forcing anti-aliasing through AMD or nvidia's control panel?

i've forced AA (specifically 4x super-sampling) through AMD's "radeon settings" and it really helped when zooming in on character models! :D Going to try 8x super-sampling next.

welp it wasnt ignored....though i have no fucking idea what any of that means.....dont hate me im just trying to make someone laugh.

Ashes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's a H-scene when you win? Or are you referring to the dialogue with the Hunter who steals the bounty?
Sorry, that was a bit confusing. No, there's no extra h-scene, I'm afraid. Just some extra dialogue.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry, that was a bit confusing. No, there's no extra h-scene, I'm afraid. Just some extra dialogue.
That's what I thought. Just as well it wasn't an extra scene or I would have had to replay it again to see what I missed.

moot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

welp it wasnt ignored....though i have no fucking idea what any of that means.....dont hate me im just trying to make someone laugh.
well, i did smile at least

i guess i should take my mega nerd speak somewhere else

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Because Googling "Runtime error 216" comes up with this specific problem and it affects things beyond this game. It is common enough that even Microsoft's knowledge base has an article on it:
Highly unlikely to be malware. Sounds like a missing Visual Studio C++ package, although assuming you're one of the many Win8.1 users there's a good chance it's related to audio failures. GM has shoddy audio support in 8.1 which we've already discovered is mostly fixed in Win10. On point though, the intelligent thing to do is try running the game under different conditions to isolate which part of the application fails.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hello,

Not ignored. :p

I have not tried SSAA on this particular game, but it would not work on earlier Game Maker games I tried it on. Forcing FXAA, however, does work on almost everything. (I have an Nvidia card)

It's been some time since I tried though, may check it out again next time I play this. Maybe a driver update or newer version of GM allows for it.