Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

It would be nice if he could recicle animation or like that

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Still has more content than most other 'complete' games.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Don't entirely see the need to remake the game with a new sub-par character design, when the older design was already pretty dang good. Rather, don't see the need to remake the game at all...
Been plenty of reasons, actually, but a completely new heroine is not one of them.

He's been using the same engine for several years, I think even before HotB when he was making Nanocrisis. I dunno if it even has support still.

Also, the whole reason he's making the switch to Unity is because of all the engine problems he's been running into. The biggest of which are all the problems with getting it to run on Windows 8. I can't even begin to tell you how many times people have come here saying the game broke after they changed over to Windows 8.

Anyways, speaking of the new heroine, are there any Vocaloid fans out there? Because this new girl looks like a cross between and with less clothes on.

That, or he has a thing for .

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

While it's disappointing, it's a bit hard to be annoyed at him when he's yet to charge anything for what could have been 1/3 of a full game.

Ideally he'll eventually sell something so he can focus on games more. His stuff is simple but it's usually interesting and decent quality.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Is anyone really surprised?

As long as he has a good time working on a project he loves, and we get something fun out of it, it's all good in my opinion.
Sure sucks to have things unfinished, but that's more the norm than an exception these days

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

[...]

Sure sucks to have things unfinished, but that's more the norm than an exception these days
It's always a free game too, so not that he have a brand to defend and have to complete it at all cost... problem, + Difficulty +Lost of ispiration and maybe he change his mind on the game.
To be honest ad incompleted "inspired" game that a "complete" but non inspired game... cause it usually start good but you don't know how it's end.

But that's just my opnion ^^

Alkizon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really don't like color and shape of new heroine uniform. The more she's clothed, the more can be removed in the process, emphasizing at least some of her sense of shame remaining. Covered area of previous version was perfectly balanced having at the same time place for the eyes and imagination and a certain freedom for H-actions. Something is covered and something is open. New uniform is a stupid pink, tattered, tight-fitting swimsuit. No, I definitely don't like it. Why it was impossible to return to a piquant tight-fitting skirt, high classic stockings and jacket of strong neutral colors. And btw brunette has something incomprehensible with feet :(

I hate pink and really appreciate red hair!:mad:

legraf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have to agree with Alkizon, the pink outfit is absurd - Aya's was daring, and maybe ridiculous in its way, but at least seemed a bit more balanced. And the colours were a lot more interesting than yet another pink sexpot.

I'll be happy to support a little, once he gets the Patreon going. But I'm afraid being paid will just stress him out more and drive him to give up, instead of actually making Inui put his nose to the grindstone and aim for a finished project.

Still, if we weren't blessed with more optimism than sense, we wouldn't be following this, would we? :) The incomplete bits have always been excellent, and I can still, somehow, believe he'll finish a project someday.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The great thing about Unity is the flexibility he'll have using Mechanim. If he was smart, he would rig the new character the same way. So he could implement character customization system so we could pick the character model we want to use. He could use all of them, this new one plus Aya and the old Nano model. Someone who speaks Japerneez should recommend he look into that.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The great thing about Unity is the flexibility he'll have using Mechanim. If he was smart, he would rig the new character the same way. So he could implement character customization system so we could pick the character model we want to use. He could use all of them, this new one plus Aya and the old Nano model. Someone who speaks Japerneez should recommend he look into that.
I thought he was still going to pre-render everything like he did before with Game Maker. Rigging a model would be a totally new skillset for him to learn if he were going to go to a full 3d engine. Also he would have to purchase the license to use the models in that way, that is a separate license from the standard purchase of DAZ models. And as far as I know, Poser models cannot legally be used in that way. (as in those owned by whatever company owns the rights to Poser these days)

Or did I miss something? Is he going full 3D? I haven't seen anything to indicate that.

Edit: think I misunderstood what you meant by rigging. If he's using the DAZ models I think he is, they are already rigged, and should be the same.

Last edited:

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

While I'm not a huge fan of the new character design and I really liked Aya's, personally I think it's something I can get used to and will gladly get used to if the game is as good as Aya's game. If using a new character keeps thing fresh for him and still enjoy making a free game, then awesome, go for it. Also, that picture he posted on Twitter of Aya and Sylvie relaxing on a beach while the new heroine gets raped made me laugh and that (and the Baton Pass picture he posted later) somehow made accepting this shift easier.

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well one thing I'm hoping that comes out of this is I hope the models get an update in resolution. A lot of the characters in HotB are rather clunky and ugly so hopefully things'll look better in the end. Never did care much for the ducks.

Anyways, I'm about to go and create a thread for the new game. I'll probably post a link when I'm done.

Reasons being:

1) New game.
2) Wessex seems to be avoiding this thread. I'm sure I've seen him elsewhere but not here. I don't really blame him because he's probably burnt out from people bugging him to translate all the new bits.
3) This thread is already freakin huge.

EDIT: And done.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=31049

Last edited:

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, rest in piece HotB. I certainly enjoyed what content we got and would have gladly paid him if that meant more frequent updates. Also it makes me happy that he is changing engines, since I'm hacking at Unity myself, it is a great tool that will hopefully speed up his game creating.

ulmfuser3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, rest in piece HotB. I certainly enjoyed what content we got and would have gladly paid him if that meant more frequent updates. Also it makes me happy that he is changing engines, since I'm hacking at Unity myself, it is a great tool that will hopefully speed up his game creating.
Offer him not to make this new project with this new less interested girl but port HotB and continue regulars updates on patreon. Let it be on patreon but regular. Patreons will take it earler and all other will download it from torrents. F**k new girl with ears, only Aya. :)

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have an older version of this? The newer one crashes every time the game tries to make the penetration noise.

Texas

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hate to necro but does anyone have the latest update with the translation already pre patched? I would appreciate it.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

Which ever one that doesn't crash when something tries to have sex with the main character.
This sounds like what happens when you apply an old translation to a new version - there is a call to a sound file that gets mixed up and causes an error.