Re: In today's news...

Reality TV....

....how low the human populace's idea of entertainment has fallen *Facepalm*

...That is all

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Every time I hear a new reality t.v. series is coming out, I feel a part of myself die.

Lurker
Reputation score

ok is just TOO funny in a pathetic kind of way...

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Does anyone still seriously claim that US is "the land of the free"?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Are you kidding? Do you know how much I have to do to get someone to fondle my bits? And Americans get it as an extra service as part of their flights. Talk about the privileged.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I think the worst thing there are all the people blaming the soldier for his complacency as somehow that is the real cause of that.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Agreed. I hold to the belief that you should never blame someone for doing their job.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I actually don't know what to say about that one. Just too friggin ridiculous for words.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I was more saddened by the comments, like Nunu points out. I've never agreed with military policy, but I've never been ignorant enough to blame the soldiers for the decisions our leaders make. No offense to the armed forces, but 99% of you are what you might call dumb grunts. I am one hundred percent sure that most, if not all of you, if given a choice between going to war and not going to war, would choose the latter. But it's not up to you, it's up to your bosses. Nobody should be stupid enough to blame you for doing your job - and you'd either have to be incredibly stupid or incredibly brave for signing up for a job that dangerous. I'm not going to fault anybody for that kind of bravery, especially when I myself possess none of it.

That's the other thing that gets my hackles rising when reading these comments. You have no right to criticize the military's actions if you yourself aren't a part of the armed forces.

But I know I'm just preaching to the choir here. I'll stop...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

ok is just TOO funny in a pathetic kind of way...
I think the thing that pisses me off the most about that article are some of the comments. Wow... douches galore.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Comments sections are almost universally pits of human miasma. I think it's the complete lack of moderation. They can say shit like that without having to worry about being banned or punched in the goddamned mouth, so they do.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So it would seem.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Comment Boxes: 4chan strained for the worst of the worst -_-; I will agree with one that pretty much sums up my feelings however:

Anonymous said...
I'm sorry you had to go through that, hell of a way to welcome you home. What happened is we all fell asleep at the wheel, we're more interested in security theatre than actual security, and far to worried about what people might think of us if we dare to question authority. Your country is gone, but even though the rest of the country doesn't know it yet, we're counting on you guys to stand up and show us again how to be real human beings. With decency, honor, and bravery. Thank you for your service.

December 6, 2010 4:53 PM
Oh, and this little gem....

benweger said...
This is why anonymous posting should be disabled. It is amazing what cowards will say when they are hidden behind "anonymous". If you are going to trash our military, at least have the stones to put your name on it.

December 6, 2010 8:49 PM

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

According to demandprogress,org, US Congress wants to outlaw wikileaks by changing the law. Like before, they have started a petition.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The petition reads out more like a statement(it doesn't even say anything except that the government should be more open and that wikileaks is a good thing, basically. Saying that wikileaks isn't a "criminal conspiracy" is only stating the obvious at the bill is being introduced to make it criminal) they don't even give any information about the bill in question except that it makes Wikileaks illegal in someway. I'd sign, but I find the site highly questionable.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Has Lieberman even submitted a bill yet to be upset over yet? I doubt he has. Congress is in the middle of the lame duck session right now and Reid has the Senate schedule locked down tight.

EDIT: He did submit a bill but it doesn't look like it restricts access to Wikileaks, only makes it illegal for the people who publish the leaked information. It's definitely not going to be voted on this session though.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Tokyo’s featuring “virtual crimes” or which are “likely to interfere with the healthy development of youth” has passed...
Included in the things the vague bill will outlaw, are such things as scenes of violence or consensual sex in a school setting or school uniform (since these would imply underage sex or violence against minors). Even the likes of Haruhi could be targeted and classed as illegal under such a bill.

How exactly they intend to enforce the new law remains to be seen, but it's already very much having genuine effects. It has been reported that manga/anime publishers are already canceling series, halting print works, and asking mangaka to cease work on their current projects.

It's hard to believe.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, so lets see... No naruto, no yu yu hakusho, no haruhi, no bleach, no inuyasha, no kekkaishi, etc. Pretty much everything will be gone. All shonen will disappear, and most shoujo as well. Dont they realize what all their anime and manga is about??? My god, im pissed now. Fucking PC idiots. Guess what? Yeah, the kids get beat up. But its a fact of life. People get hurt! Dont ignore facts of life! Kids who are abused could get hope from these manga! They'd see they're not the only ones with problems! Gah!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yanno, it might come to that, Vuki. If the Japanese politicians don't stop fucking around, America will most likely accept the artists/studios, and then we'll BE KING OF ENTERTAINMENT FUCK YEAH WHOOOOO!!!

... or they might move somewhere else. Fuck.

DAMNIT OBAMA, GIVE THEM INCENTIVES TO MOVE HERE.

INCENTIVES!