Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Really?

You should go in to the User CP. Chose the Edit Options on the side menu. Scroll down until you find the Thread Display Options. There check the Show Signatures.

After that try looking at my post again.

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Really?

You should go in to the User CP. Chose the Edit Options on the side menu. Scroll down until you find the Thread Display Options. There check the Show Signatures.

After that try looking at my post again.
Yeah, went and changed the options. I have no idea why the sig option was off. to begin with.

madjoker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is it possible to play this old windows 8 yet?:mad::mad:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Install hyper-v and load up a win7 iso.;)

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

how to load windows 7 iso?
Don't listen to psychos, there was something about turning off something sound related, can't remember, never cared, you can find it in this thread by using the search thread function. Good luck.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a broken game project file every thing is in the folder to fix it, at lest seems like it is. but I just don't know how to use game maker enough to get the game to work again....

Last edited:

Tea Leaf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That was... a bit hard to understand. Have you kept a fresh download of the game for re installation should problems come up? :confused:

Keep your saves, delete the game, fresh install, throw on the saves, try again. :cool:

I had to do this once since a game went a bit weird. Not entirely stable.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeah that is cause I didn't notice I spelled something right but it was the wrong word.
I have the project file that can be opened in game maker.

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Me again...

After a bit of a hiatus, I gave HotB another crack with a fresh game start, just finished wiping out the lizards.. and sadly neither the goblins nor the hunters are anywhere to be seen.

Surely it's not just pot-luck, many seem to have 'bumped into them' without much trouble... though if it is then my luck continues to elude me. :/

Methods tried:
Enter lizard level -> finish lizard level -> Enter fly level -> Run to end and exit
-> Re-enter in hope of finding blank radar (ala no enemies) -- FAIL

Enter lizard level -> advance far enough to trigger cutscene -> leave via left exit
-> Enter fly level -> Run to end and exit -> Re-enter to try and find hunters -- FAIL

Finish lizard level -> Enter fly level -> Exit via left -> Re-enter and repeat some dozen times -- FAIL

I managed to trigger the hunters 'once' after playing the new version of the game that introduced them but since then I've been unable to replicate their appearance for reasons that continue to elude me. :S

EDIT Note: Is it possible that some integral file was lost when I downloaded the new version? I see references to the fly hunters and goblins in the sprite folder and I don't get any error messages. The game folder is 783MB and that's without adding translations/what-have-you. This is just so frustrating! x(

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Enter either lizard or fly level a few times and you get the hunter version of the map. Just enter level if you can exit then you are on the monster version, if you cant then you are on the hunter version of the map.

It always work. No matter which version I try.

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not being snarky when I say 'I covered that in my earlier post about re-entering the fly level some dozen times' :p

I gave up keeping count around 20 of the times I entered the level and exited. I even downloaded the saves someone made available some pages back (yep, im the same n00b that wasn't aware there was a second page for saves), I used that and for some strange reason it still didn't work, just flies and lizards.
Don't suppose I could tempt you Wessex to put a save or two up that you know have the hunters and/or goblins lined up? :D *smiles hopefully*

Penttiseta

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Dont just run trough. For me they popped up after killing like 20 monsters per stage and then going to the end

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That has nothing to do with it. You have to complete the stage. So kill some flies and kill the big lizards and then return a few times and then the hunters should appear. Of course you should have the latest version for that to happen on the lizard stage.

My save wont help you. If something is wrong with your game then all the saves of the world wont help you.

If you believe that that's the problem then re download the latest version of the game and try again after that.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

That has nothing to do with it. You have to complete the stage. So kill some flies and kill the big lizards and then return a few times and then the hunters should appear. Of course you should have the latest version for that to happen on the lizard stage.

My save wont help you. If something is wrong with your game then all the saves of the world wont help you.

If you believe that that's the problem then re download the latest version of the game and try again after that.
You don't have to complete the stage at all. I've never completed the Lizard stage and I've still gotten the goblins. The only thing you need to do is rapidly enter and leave. If you enter and there are no enemies on the radar at all, you've gotten it and just need to run forward to activate their appearance.

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You don't have to complete the stage at all. I've never completed the Lizard stage and I've still gotten the goblins. The only thing you need to do is rapidly enter and leave. If you enter and there are no enemies on the radar at all, you've gotten it and just need to run forward to activate their appearance.
Yeah idk, the version that had the hunters as the latest thing, I didn't have a problem triggering them. But for whatever reason this latest version has neither them or the goblins appearing.

I blitz'd (killed a whole lot of) the flies and lizards five times after finishing their respective levels the first time, but it just ant happening. I'd re-download the game in the off-chance some critical file was somehow missing when I got it but I've got a limited dl quota I have to be mindful of (i know, my problem, lol).

Perhaps the next update will.. err.. trigger them easier.... idk. Some have had to finish levels, some repeatedly, others like SethK seemingly didn't have to. Am not sure what to make of that other than just bad luck I guess. :confused:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If I had to guess, I'm guessing that the reason so many people are having weird issues with the 'special' enemies appearing has to do with saves that were transferred across versions, which could have messed up some flags. Not that I have a lot to base this on, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.