Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

wow the new update works..I can finally play this game....:D

so i'm guessing to use wessex translation i just replace the original files with wessex's?
Yup. Not going to be up to date though...he hasn't gotten a new update out yet. He's busy IRL.

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

thats fine by me i'm just glad to finally be able to play this game at last guess the designer found his way around windows 8 finally.

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

spoke to soon crashed on the first fight scene damn it..:(

db77

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

spoke to soon crashed on the first fight scene damn it..:(
check older posts but the short answer: disable sound devices, load game, error message pops up saying no audio is available, click ok, let game start up, turn on sound devices, play. Fap.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here is the patch to my translation. Unlike before you will need to get my old translation before you can slap this to it. You only need to extract the files and put them into the game folder and rewrite the old ones.

As a bonus I will also share my voice pack. I made it from the Artificial Academy 2 female manly voice. Beside the to long climax scream I think its rather nice.

Attachments

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

check older posts but the short answer: disable sound devices, load game, error message pops up saying no audio is available, click ok, let game start up, turn on sound devices, play. Fap.
ok i'll give that a try but i wont hold my breath i'm starting to accept i'll never play this game till the next windows update or if i can find a copy of 7 or xp

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Here is the patch to my translation. Unlike before you will need to get my old translation before you can slap this to it. You only need to extract the files and put them into the game folder and rewrite the old ones.

As a bonus I will also share my voice pack. I made it from the Artificial Academy 2 female manly voice. Beside the to long climax scream I think its rather nice.

Aside from the climax sound, that's a really nice voice pack. Now if we can just find a comparable voice without the 30 seconds of screaming hahaha You rock Wessex!

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can't get the goblins to show up either. Tried at least two dozen times, running through the entire level, killing all the lizards, switching back and forth with garbage mountain, sleeping, etc. etc.

Maybe it's the translation patch? I didn't apply the old one like wessex suggested.

EDIT: Whoops. Nevermind. Apparently I had the wrong version... somehow?...

Last edited:

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you cannot get the Goblin guys:

Here is a RAR of my entire save folder. Backup your own save folder before proceeding. Copy the folder into your main Hounds of the Blade directory, load save file 03, and go to the last level on the "world map." I tested it, and it usually took 1 or 2 attempts to get the Goblin guys. If they don't load on the first attempt, just immediately go left, leave the level, and try again.

jehuty222

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can someone put up the link to the official download site? Dev's blog is down, so i can't get a link to it.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

it's only one button for me to look at my own posts in the thread, so here it is again
you can turn the sound back on once you have loaded your save. to clarify:

here is how you play Hounds of the Blade on Windows 8/8.1
  1. right-click the little speaker at the bottom-right of your screen, then click "Playback Devices". a "Sound" window will open.
  2. right-click the white space, then click "Show Disabled Devices".
  3. right-click an enabled sound device, then click "Disable". if you have a headset or second set of speakers or something, you'll have to disable those too.
  4. keeping the "Sound" window open, run the game.
  5. ignore the thing saying "no sound device has been detected"; go through the main menu normally to start a new game or load a saved game.
  6. after loading completely, go back to the "Sound" window and re-enable your sound devices. it will sound shitty because it is being forced to use your motherboard's makeshift driver instead of the real ones windows will normally download for you, but it's better than nothing.
and no this will not affect any other part of your computer. well, if you have music playing in another window, it'll stop and you'll have to re-open that program, but that's all.

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Shoot, lost the older translations, so now I'm only getting a few lines of dialogue translated.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

For the next update i hope into more gameplay improvement,(like nanocrisis).
I mean animations are ok, but as the game is now, it lacks entertainment.
But i even think that inui is saving the best for last....(at least is what i would like to think).

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For the next update i hope into more gameplay improvement,(like nanocrisis).
I mean animations are ok, but as the game is now, it lacks entertainment.
But i even think that inui is saving the best for last....(at least is what i would like to think).
Well if you've been following the development for a while, you know that there are two enemies that are likely to appear next/soon, probably in the same stage. I'm looking forward to them~

Hopefully that other girl is shown and Fio can actually get it on some scenes too.

Tea Leaf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello all!

Long-time lurker here. Finally got nunu to enable my posting. Been following this game for quite some time (keh keh mmmm).

It is turning out pretty good, the latest update is very nice, but a shame the ending is so obscured. Sometimes the angles are just a little imperfect. :eek:

Anyway, I wanted to thank Wessex for all of his hard work. That translation is pretty excellent, and I could understand a lot more.

Hopefully Fio scenes are forthcoming, looking forward to future monsters and beasts. :eek: I hope he goes a bit crazy and shares his deviant desires with us. :p

So far the only "impregnation" has come from the flies laying eggs/larva in her and she exits the stage.
Yeah, there are some ambitious ideas for pregnancy and "purification", but we wait in anticipation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yatol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

for some reason the site refuses to let me download :(

rocketboyz12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

can someone post a save file before u fight mendes.i overwrote mine plsss

Status