Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

i'd play this if i could get it to run....the bgm thing does nothing for me

reilynn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I was poking around the game files, I think most of the text is in files that could be translated..many files appear to be plain text files.

Mainly, I'd love to get the menu's translated so I could stop guessing...but you get use to it I guess.

dheadmaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know any similar games to Hounds of the Blade, or Nanocrisis? I really like this game play, but I really want to play a completed game too!

MorkaelWasHere

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know any similar games to Hounds of the Blade, or Nanocrisis? I really like this game play, but I really want to play a completed game too!
The only one I can think of is Guilty Hell, but it is also in production for the time being, other than that I can't think of any other games completed or not.

The thread for Guilty Hell is on here few pages back, but if you want quick link than just add /bbs/showthread.php?t=22333 after the .org url of this site.

Sorry, that is best I can do, I have lurk on here for awhile and only now just posting. xD

mrblack

Lurker
Reputation score

I think a completed nano/HoTB is the holy grail of Hgaming...

dheadmaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The only one I can think of is Guilty Hell, but it is also in production for the time being, other than that I can't think of any other games completed or not.

The thread for Guilty Hell is on here few pages back, but if you want quick link than just add /bbs/showthread.php?t=22333 after the .org url of this site.

Sorry, that is best I can do, I have lurk on here for awhile and only now just posting. xD
Thanks man! The more time passes, the more it really seems this game is abandoned! I really hope this one here finishes at some future point!

ahrimansiah

Lurker
Reputation score

Well its most unlikely he will finish this game but i hope he do!
Man i was so waiting for dog stage with all new graphics and animation system T_T

To ppl who say he is doing it for free:
THEN he can stop doing it for FREE!! i would prefer to pay for it but see it complete! thats why i hate when ppl do free things.. they will never take responsibility for their work! this game is like a tasty cake but they give u a bite and take it away from you because its FREE! and when u say but i will pay for it!
the answer is: no since its free i have the right to show u my middle finger!

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

^ pretty much my thoughts and i bet if he would go and finish it and put it up for sale it would sell quite well, since it doesnt just look good but actually is fun to play. (looking at you softhouseseal games >.>)

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Exactly. If you can't finish a game, you can't finish a game. It doesn't matter if the person is trying to sell it or not. There are people who can push themselves to complete things and those that can't. Though money may be a small motivation, I don't think it would help many failed projects continue on. Just talking in general here and not about any specific games. I think most the people aiming for selling games already know that they're capable of completing things because they have before.

This developer seems to set way too high of goals for their games though. I think they'd do well to focus on making smaller games first and slowly build up to bigger projects. This seems even more ambitious than Nanocrisis and it seems it's having the same trouble as it.

One thing I read that I thought was really good advice is that if you fail to complete a project, you should aim for a smaller project next. Most people aim for even bigger projects afterwards because they feel like they've improved and surprise, they also go uncompleted. Thus is a stream of uncompleted projects. Start small, build up to medium projects, get used to the workload and forcing yourself to stick with a project to completion, then try to create your dream epic game.

Last edited:

Feddo4247

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can someone please reupload version 20130114 because the one on his website 404d. :(

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Could someone also put the english patch onthe first post too please?

Status
Not open for further replies.