What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Might as well just say it is...it's pretty much inevitable. Yet to finish a single thing he's started that I know of.

Anyway, what I can make out of from the google-fu:

"State head refuses to game production has continued.
I'm sitting in front of the 1st PC as well as the day of rest, but ended up just fritter away the time hand does not stick to game production at all.
Perhaps, may not also update of May in.
I am sorry."

Roughly translates to I haven't really touched the game at all lately. A May update is not going to happen unless planets align and a virgin sacrifice takes place to summon the demon king Behemot.

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This game will have the same fate as Nanocrisis! I'm sure he will not finish this game.

ShaedoK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You sure do love being negative about the products made by people in their spare time, and the people who make those things.

It's inevitable that the guy must have seen this forum at least once. I know that whenever I make something, I google for it like crazy, and youtube, this forum, hongfire, and ryoani are always the top results on search engines for "Hounds of the Blade."

Write some words of encouragement.

There's no prize for being right about something negative happening.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

You sure do love being negative about the products made by people in their spare time, and the people who make those things.

It's inevitable that the guy must have seen this forum at least once. I know that whenever I make something, I google for it like crazy, and youtube, this forum, hongfire, and ryoani are always the top results on search engines for "Hounds of the Blade."

What's the prize for being super encouraging and positive about something that is never going to happen?

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It is one of his games, he has never finished a game and it is free (no team that drives him to work). Why should finish this one?

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Invisible cake.
I was kind of hoping for an invisible pony or boy band. Or a visible designer jumpsuit. From France.

But I guess the next question, if we follow the logical progression here, will be what kind of game is he going to start working on next? While each project may end up trailing off into nothingness, I for one feel that he is at least making improvements as he goes.

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Damn, I hope he really does start working on another game. IMO, they seem to get exponentially better. Except he needs more mammals and humanoids, and to forget about the damn insects for 5 minutes.

MasterLovesKitty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know this is the wrong thread, but the two are related. Does anyone still have a copy of the translation for NanoCrisis?

MasterLovesKitty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn, I hope he really does start working on another game. IMO, they seem to get exponentially better. Except he needs more mammals and humanoids, and to forget about the damn insects for 5 minutes.
I like the insects. Just wish is was more of a spider than a fly.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

One of the reasons I liked this game was the whole "hunter's guild" kind of feel. Should redo the same feel and put in small fry enemies that lead to a boss. Like minotaurs...you fight juveniles until you get to the alpha. Wolves, you fight pups til you get to the alpha. Spiders...you fight the males til you get to the female.

I too hope he starts another. While I realize he never has and probably will not ever finish a work he starts, it is still quality work...some of the best gameplay and "H" of any games that I've played to date. Gotta commend him on that at very least. Definitely quality work.

Xoe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wut? Thats the best part of the game! He should inject more insects like spiders, bugs, giant grasshoppers...
Dogs etc. are also nice :D

I have to say, Nanocrisis and HOTB are the best H-games i've played so far. Top graphics, top controls, top animations and top creatures. And thats for free!

dragonshaun9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

get rid of Windows 8.

read... he's working on it. I think cutting off the BGM is about the best fix atm.
turning off bgm does nothing but give me an extra half-second of title screen

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Invisible cake.
hhhmm... what dose Invisible cake taste like is all I can think of now. I'ma have to bake one to find out. I need preheat my oven to 4000 degrees Kelvin right?

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

the prize is being right... it's the authors choice to work on his projects or not. if he doesn't feel to do so, deal with it. if i was to create something like this, i wouldn't want to read all those "encouraging" begging posts telling me to continue to work on something that bores me just so other people can masturbate.
being positive isn't always positive. sometimes it's just annoying. he's been doing this stuff for years now, let him rest, if he wants to.

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That exactly what I also was thinking when he first said that there is no update. I too did it sometimes. I mean dropping a project and spend my time with something else until my muse returned and continued on.
Let him take a break or a vacation or whatever the people spend they time over there with, and we will see how this whole pause will pay out after he returns fresh with new ideas and whatever else he picked up.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

you can't blame him.
the game is only free -he can do whatever he wants continue it or not.

MasterLovesKitty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wut? Thats the best part of the game! He should inject more insects like spiders, bugs, giant grasshoppers...
Dogs etc. are also nice :D

I have to say, Nanocrisis and HOTB are the best H-games i've played so far. Top graphics, top controls, top animations and top creatures. And thats for free!
I believe that a total insect game like this would be wonderful.

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

Insection ... an egg inside an egg egging an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.