Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kln

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Thank you for your good work :)

These kind of games are so much more enjoyable when translated.

legraf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No idea why but trying to download the translation on Firefox is having it download, then say the file is invalid, and has nothing in it. Strange.
Change the extension to ".7z" (or just open it with 7-zip), that should do the trick. OR, use the version I've just uploaded, which is actually "zip" format.

Thank you, Wessex, for the great work (and the excellent clean-up of the text images). There are just a few minor typos, I'll send them once I think I've found them all.

edit: Right, here is the translation, zipped, with some minor corrections of typos & grammar. Wessex did all the real work on this!

The files I've modified from Wessex' original are listed below (all in the story folder):
a1: 2_0, Sim_0
a2: shopA_1, shopA_2, start_1, start_2, streng_60B, T_Ven_2
a5: start_0, start_1_1, start_1_2
a6: start_1, T_Powell_2
a7: Q_001_1, start_1, T_Gotou_1
a100: start_3, start_4_1, start_4_2, T_Fernand_1, T_Silvia_3
s0: 1, 10
s1: 1, 10, 11, 12
s2: 1_2, 1_3, 1_4
s3: 4, 5, 7_0, 10_3
s4: Fly01_1, Fly02_1
t1: 1_0
x1: 1
x2: 1_1_2, 1_1_4, 1_1_5, 10
x1000: 1, 2

Attachments

Last edited:

legraf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not really so many, Wessex. Most of these files had only one change - sometimes an added apostrophe or something so minor.

The only thing I altered beyond a little English clean-up was to translate "onago" to "girl" - it had been left untranslated in two files.

Thanks for your translation - it inspired me to go see what all this "parasite removal" was about. Though I'm much more looking forward to the promised next update, with repeats of the Cobolio gang & the testers. And it was interesting to see hints that we might eventually see Goto's master as a bounty...

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Duno whenever Ven mentioned that the translator never translated it. I knew what the word means but to be honest I thought that its maybe part of Ven speech patterns. But maybe only my translator was faulty. Thanks correcting it.

sigdelequa

Reputation score

each time I get to the perasite portion, return to ship, I get this...

ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object oshioki_room_control:

In script event_start_scr_A2:
Error in code at line 9:
color_screen.image_alpha -= (0.01+argument1);
^
at position 6: Unknown variable image_alpha

Would it be fixed if I downloaded the translation?

legraf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sigdelequa, I'm afraid the translation files wouldn't help with that - they don't modify any of the scripts.

Are you sure everything was extracted to the correct locations?

I would recommend re-downloading the original from Inu Factory, extracting it to a NEW folder, and seeing if it runs correctly from there (you should be able to copy your save files over, or just play through again!).

Quist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Are there any save files for this game? I'm not able to get past the tester phase with all that machine-gun fire, and it's starting to get frustrating.

Picaboo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Are there any save files for this game? I'm not able to get past the tester phase with all that machine-gun fire, and it's starting to get frustrating.
Just give up (press Q I think) when you're out of health. You will have two interesting scenes and then , the game will continue. The stage can be passed also with no problem, just use the healing skill in between rounds of tester bashing to replenish your health.

Enjoy.

Logman

Reputation score

You can also swing your sword to deflect the gunfire; since you move forward as you swing, you should be able to reach one before it can really blast you.

flames57

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

or you can also use ether blast just make sure hes off screen and also losing to the tester actually gets you 1000g if you choose the right option

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@legraf & Wessex:
If you guys have some spare time could you do a translation of Nano Crisis? I would really appreciate it. The last translation that was done for it was not really very good.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nano is dead... the chance that I will upgrade its translation is very slim.

basaranekki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In their current states, nanocrisis is still a better game than hounds imo. It's got a long way to go before it breaks any new trails.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

In their current states, nanocrisis is still a better game than hounds imo. It's got a long way to go before it breaks any new trails.
I agree.
In nanocrisis, she had many sex position compare to HOTB.
But on HOTB Aya is more sexy than that girl on nanocrisis.

Xoe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know when inu will release a new Hotb update ? Can't wait for it!

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's been a very long time since I had last played this... My feelings on it now?

Holy ****! This game is AMAZING! It's far from perfect but the overall package is absolutely brilliant, especially with the superb dialog translation (thanks guys)!

As I mentionned for a few different games, I tend to play these games in order not to get caught and lose: It makes the prospect of a gameover that much more upsetting and something to try hard to avoid. It makes the game more thrilling. With this approach, gameplay is usually king for me and the rest matters little comparatively... Usually at least.

Losing in this game is absolutely terrifying. The gameplay isn't exactly stellar (Base gameplay is actually good but the enemies and stage design could use a lot of work), but man is losing a nightmarish prospect. I've never been terribly quick at those "mash alternate keys to escape" but boy did I ever mash those keys while playing this game. Surrendering just isn't an option considering what's at stake: The dialog makes it all the more plain.

And in a stroke of genius, in a game that's already terrifying to lose in, you don't actually get a gameover when you lose (At least, I didn't the two times I lost). It's not a case of "Let's turn back time and try again", it's really moving foward from what did happen.

While I normally couldn't care less about graphics, I have to admit that the realistic-ish graphics and great presentation work wonders at improving this game's "ambience". Plus you have a decent amount of text, nice dialogs and so forth that gives you a bit more emotional investment on top of that.

Due to all that, for me it's the most heart-pumping game ever. Nightmare Sphere and Kurovadis play better than this game and are actually complete and amazingly fun and are better "games", but comparing the whole "experience", Hounds of the Blade comes out ahead of anything I've ever played in the H-game world.

Picaboo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Does anyone know when inu will release a new Hotb update ? Can't wait for it!
I think right now, he's testing a new gamemaker software to try and make the game playable on Win8, so who knows...

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

He should forget about windows 8...it sucks. Windows should offer a free downgrade back to 7 lol.

But yeah...gameplay wise, HotB is better. Sex wise, Nanocrisis is better. I'm just holding out hope that he adds more to some of the enemies. Especially hoping for some double or triple penetration with some of the enemies. But I doubt that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.