What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

I can't get the site to actually begin the download of the game. I put in the password and the captcha and then get a page with just a retry button on it. I tried firefox and IE and neither work.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

switch them around.

put the password in the place where you put the code, and the code in the place you had put the password

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I know I was a little too late to ask this... :eek:

My fellow Windows 8 users.
How did you manage to run HOTB on Win 8?
What should I do?

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I know I was a little too late to ask this... :eek:

My fellow Windows 8 users.
How did you manage to run HOTB on Win 8?
What should I do?
The suggested fix by the developer doesn't work so...you are stuck with us till it gets a proper fix.

Netty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't seem to get the Fly stage, only get the guys with guns at the last area (using most recent version 20130114).
Do I have to beat more rats/bats or do something else first?

Tekker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

switch them around.

put the password in the place where you put the code, and the code in the place you had put the password
I'm putting them in the right spots. I can tell because otherwise the thing says the code was wrong instead of:

"You can retry by pressing the button below within two minutes.

In addition, you will return to the input screen when you retry keyword more than once per second.
I can not DL no matter how many times to retry until the next DL."

BlueLight

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Anyone know what the problem is with windows 8? is it the expanded touch screen support, or something a little more complex like they changed a DLL

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm putting them in the right spots. I can tell because otherwise the thing says the code was wrong instead of:

"You can retry by pressing the button below within two minutes.

In addition, you will return to the input screen when you retry keyword more than once per second.
I can not DL no matter how many times to retry until the next DL."
It's worth a shot at least: try waiting for a good couple minutes before advancing through each step. I kept getting looped around and around clicking Captcha buttons, but then I forgot about it for a second and did something else. When I came back and clicked it, the download dialogue popped up right away.

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The recent translation by Wessex has a bug.
On the second time where Aya has to use that machine to remove whatever is inside her, the game is hit by a bug.
I think the problem has something to do with the animated scene itself or the next set of translated text.
I'm using the translation on the recent version of the game.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The recent translation by Wessex has a bug.
On the second time where Aya has to use that machine to remove whatever is inside her, the game is hit by a bug.
I think the problem has something to do with the animated scene itself or the next set of translated text.
I'm using the translation on the recent version of the game.
Fixed.

Attachments

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Anyone know what the problem is with windows 8? is it the expanded touch screen support, or something a little more complex like they changed a DLL
I am not an expert but I played two games with the same engine/player and they all ran fine in Windows 8.

Dunno what's up with this game.

Ashes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Huh, can't get the abortion scene to work. I go through the fly level, and come out either impregnated or parasited, but when I leave to the right, she just returns to the spaceship with status "fine" and nothing happens.
And I did just download the newest version and Wessex's translated file. What am I doing wrong?

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Huh, can't get the abortion scene to work. I go through the fly level, and come out either impregnated or parasited, but when I leave to the right, she just returns to the spaceship with status "fine" and nothing happens.
And I did just download the newest version and Wessex's translated file. What am I doing wrong?
I'm pretty sure there should not be any problems with that part of the game. Have you tried getting Aya egged multiple times instead of once?

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"crowded download" bullshit on the download website. Has me picking multiple choice answers for some bizarre reason.

EDIT: I got it to work, great game. Question though. I beat the sewer level with the zombie like dudes, I met Goto and got the fly killer attack, but I dont know where to start the fly stage. Hunter HQ doesn't have any options that let me start a level, the succubus just says she's still looking for a job or that I should find one myself *feature not implemented*

Last edited:

Netty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"crowded download" bullshit on the download website. Has me picking multiple choice answers for some bizarre reason.

EDIT: I got it to work, great game. Question though. I beat the sewer level with the zombie like dudes, I met Goto and got the fly killer attack, but I dont know where to start the fly stage. Hunter HQ doesn't have any options that let me start a level, the succubus just says she's still looking for a job or that I should find one myself *feature not implemented*
You can get the fly mission at the Hunter shop (dwarf), there seems to be bug thought where he wouldn't give you to the mission and have to start over but it doesn't happen in all cases.

Ashes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure there should not be any problems with that part of the game. Have you tried getting Aya egged multiple times instead of once?
Nevermind, I was being a gigantic moron, per usual. It works fine now, thank you :).

Edit: Fine work, Wessex. Consider yourself rep'ed.

Junkyard Dawg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I had completely forgotten about this game while ago, but thanks to Wessex English patch I have gotten back into it, many thanks.

basaranekki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has anyone added heroine voice sounds to this like people did with nanocrisis?

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I tried but I just couldn't find such a diverse h sound pack as this game needs.

basaranekki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also thanks for the translation, the story is surprisingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.