I hate it when people I wasn't aware of notice me talking to myself
I hate plastic packaging that requires heavy artillery to open
I hate when I'm playing Tennis and the ball goes over the fence

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

Thing is, if Lords of Shadow had dropped the Castlevania title (so if it was simply called Lords of Shadow), and given Gabriel a different last name, it still would have gotten picked on for stealing things from the Castlevania series.

I mean, saying giving the guy the last name Fisher and changing it to Splinter Cell: Lords of Shadow is a bit of a stretch. Castlevania is dark fantasy based on mythos within history. Splinter Cell is a spy game... that's an even bigger difference there, because at the least the new title keeps it in the same genre. I know what point you were trying to make, but didn't help you any as I find that point was actually wrong.

Roksys

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I hate what's happened to vampires
I hate Stephany Meyer
I hate it when people I wasn't aware of notice me talking to myself
I hate plastic packaging that requires heavy artillery to open
I hate when I'm playing Tennis and the ball goes over the fence
I like you. :D

But I hate that Chrome has apparently gone on strike on my computer for no apparent reason.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Chrome wants more vacation days and better wages.

Lolfutas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like you. :D

But I hate that Chrome has apparently gone on strike on my computer for no apparent reason.
Thanks~<3
Sometimes when I'm browsing for images to upload, Chrome will crash for no obvious reason. Flash crashes a lot on it as well :{

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I hate what's happened to vampires
I hate Stephany Meyer
I'm just a little over it all. I just want vampires to go away for a while; between people ruining them and people trying to save an older image, it's all just very overdone.

And lets face it, it's not like most people like the original image associated with them, because most people like vampires who are sexy.

And frankly, I always find the sexy vampires to be a pale rip off of my species anyways. Pun intended. They drink blood, we drink souls. Both work through seduction and have a strong sexual themes...

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I recommend a sledgehammer, the reverberations from the impact going up your arms is pure satisfaction.
Seconding this. I took apart my old 360 that had gone to the red zone with one, it was quite fun

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Oh, forgot to mention, hate the Barmy Army.

They're still a step up from collingwood, as their singing actually has somet une to it, and they do more than one song, but I still don't like loud drunk people singing while I'm going through a long, busy day.

Also surprised that security didn't clear people out from hanging around near the bar; they did last year.

Oh well, only 2 more days of work there. And at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual test match doesn't last. Honestly, what the hell happened to the Australian Cricket team. All out for 98? What a bloody joke.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm just a little over it all. I just want vampires to go away for a while; between people ruining them and people trying to save an older image, it's all just very overdone.

And lets face it, it's not like most people like the original image associated with them, because most people like vampires who are sexy.

And frankly, I always find the sexy vampires to be a pale rip off of my species anyways. Pun intended. They drink blood, we drink souls. Both work through seduction and have a strong sexual themes...
While I'm getting over the whole Meyer thing slowly (only to get annoyed (understatement) when I see her style leaking into various other works), I don't see vampires going away anytime soon. They'll eventually die down a little bit, but something new will pop up to bring them back into the limelight with a bang. It always happens, vampires being one of the biggest and most popular monsters out there.

That and I personally have fun with vampires in my writing and I enjoy some of the movies and shows coming out these days.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The humor section at the bookstore in our mall is 75% vampires and zombies ... *facepalm*...

Headwolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The humor section at the bookstore in our mall is 75% vampires and zombies ... *facepalm*...
Yeah, I have to say that zombies are getting a little old now, too. And don't get me started on the people who discuss them.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I could refute that, but I'm sure someone else will be along with a more strong opinion then mine :D

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

Thing is, if Lords of Shadow had dropped the Castlevania title (so if it was simply called Lords of Shadow), and given Gabriel a different last name, it still would have gotten picked on for stealing things from the Castlevania series.

I mean, saying giving the guy the last name Fisher and changing it to Splinter Cell: Lords of Shadow is a bit of a stretch. Castlevania is dark fantasy based on mythos within history. Splinter Cell is a spy game... that's an even bigger difference there, because at the least the new title keeps it in the same genre. I know what point you were trying to make, but didn't help you any as I find that point was actually wrong.
Wait... people would bash on Lords of Shadow for being like Castlevania? I could have sworn most people would immediately complain that 90% of Action games are rip offs of God of War, just like how everyone complained that any military-based first person shooter game is a rip off of Call of Duty games. Hell, I've heard my fair share of how Lords of Shadow was completely ripped off of God of War 3 - which I strongly disagree. I fucking hate God of War's dumbass and biased fanbase. That's like saying how every platformer genre game is a rip off of Mario. Actually, speaking of God of War... I did find Lords of Shadow to have a very similar atmosphere to that of God of War's, which is something that was absent from previous Castlevania games. The Castlevania series always had a very gothic style.

But that point aside, I compared Lords of Shadow with Lament of Innocence (another Castlevania game - A 3D Game too) and really I could honestly say the two games felt like they belong in different franchises. Again, Lords of Shadow just lacked too many elements from previous Castlevania games - what I mean is that nearly all the enemies felt too foreign and new, as if exclusive just to Lords of Shadow but not to the Castlevania series overall. I still want to stay by that point. I'm stating that Lords of Shadow just feels too distant, even for a reboot.

You know what? A very good comparison to this would be Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight. Never mind the fact that Streetfighter 2010 is a futuristic action platformer, not a fighting arcade game. Just basing it on both style and story, what does Street Fighter 2010 have to do with Street Fighter? Calling it Street Fighter and renaming the protagonist's name to Ken doesn't make it Street Fighter and all it does is forces me to question how the game connects to previous Street Fighter games. It was implied that it was given the Street Fighter title so that it wouldn't be ignored.

So is that why Lords of Shadow was titled Castlevania? I mean I know I'm just complaing the shit out of a GODDAMN title but it really confuses me and fucks up my head. I just find it really bothersome to just simply ignore and if it's bothersome it's harder to enjoy the actual game. I wouldn't have mind if they just called it Lords of Shadow - Believe me, neither me and or anyone who has ever played Castlevania even stated that Lords of Shadow had anything to do with Castlevania. Even James Rolfes stated the game felt like it had nothing to do with Castlevania.

And why the reboot anyway? What's wrong with a remake? I could have earnestly enjoyed Lords of Shadow if it were following the very first Castlevania game's plot. At least, even if the atmosphere didn't really feel all Castlevania-ish... it would have had some relevance to the series plot-wise.

I was fucking around with the Slinter Cell thing by the way. I'm basically just saying how much an oddball LOS really is for me.

Yeah, I have to say that zombies are getting a little old now, too. And don't get me started on the people who discuss them.
The major problem with zombies nowadays is that they aren't zombies. Weren't zombies literally the dead walking the earth? What's this infected bullshit now?

Since when could zombies run like olympic mad men? Don't their joints get locked up after death so they go around limping like retards? I personally always enjoyed having zombies move and behave slowly. It just makes it so ghastly horrifying and hauntingly depressive as opposed to watching frantic savages tear the crap out of people.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The major problem with zombies nowadays is that they aren't zombies. Weren't zombies literally the dead walking the earth? What's this infected bullshit now?

Since when could zombies run like olympic mad men? Don't their joints get locked up after death so they go around limping like retards? I personally always enjoyed having zombies move and behave slowly. It just makes it so ghastly horrifying and hauntingly depressive as opposed to watching frantic savages tear the crap out of people.
Actually it takes up to 24 hours for a person's limbs to lock in Rigor Mortis, then they unlock after about 3 days. But I don't think we can really start arguing how a zombie works for the most part. The new infected are just that... infected people usually mistaken for zombies due to pop culture. They're not always dead. Still, different folks prefer different things in their fiction.

As for the Lords of Shadow debate there... all I'm going to say is that maybe you shouldn't put too much into the title. I understand where yer coming from, and can't really back myself up too much as I havn't gotten into the older titles as much, but I don't think you should throw so much hate towards the title as ye did when this thing first started.

I for one will simply call it Lords of Shadow, because people keep telling me it isn't Castlevania. So treat it as such, is all I suggest.

Lolfutas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I hate people who say "I liked it before it was cool" and variations of that

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hate being put in the situation where I can't ever say I like anything because I'm either an elitist hipster asshole or a fan jumping sheeple