What's new

ACT [ はいぱーじぇねらる ] GIL~巨大昆虫研究所~ RJ201168

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: GIL~巨大昆虫研究所~

well game is well made, i have not ran into any glitches or bugs and movement is fluid, a pity there are hardly any games like this and a pity it has no sounds and lacks content. Uncensor would be great.
So with me it's fluid.
And the souns are standard from must put in the menu ^ ^ allso the bars move to the right ^ ^

CreamDonut

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

oh my bad,game does have sounds and music, for some reason it was all muted in options, had to move sliders back up

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It has the makings of a good game. Basic character animation and posture is pretty good, and the controls aren't awful. It just needs A LOT more content...

Also, I see a few people have said they haven't encountered glitches, but I've gotten stuck under a desk or two, and the game has crashed my graphics card on high resolutions.

CreamDonut

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

well i ran into a bug, cant pick up a key card from the ground and i think i all most finished the game, 4th card

Yunguy1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Kind of odd how the SFX are turned off by default.

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It has the makings of a good game. Basic character animation and posture is pretty good, and the controls aren't awful. It just needs A LOT more content...

Also, I see a few people have said they haven't encountered glitches, but I've gotten stuck under a desk or two, and the game has crashed my graphics card on high resolutions.
I would agree, it has the entire foundation, dev just "forgot" to "build the house". I sincerely hope the dev takes a lot from this work. Because it plays really well, apart from the options menu which seems to have some lag, at least for me.
Maybe some content patches, or an entirely new game wherein content will be a plenty, and maybe with some more sounds. I found the game to be eerily quiet even when the "action" was playing.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah...seems like a cool idea but really unfinished/tested maybe? I found a keycard as well but couldn't pick it up. Think you can keep saving/reloading to farm healing stuff too, as I think it respawns every time you reload. Is it even possible to win or unlock all the doors somehow? Without a map it's difficult for me to explain which card I'm talking about, but it's in one of the smaller rooms with desks and pillars in the middle of the room.

Jump and hiding seem to be pretty pointless too, I thought there'd be some way to use them to escape once you're found out, but the only way I've evaded being hunted so far is entering a new area. Woulda been cool if you could jump over furniture to gain some distance on them and once they lose sight of you, they start backing down. I mean I kinda glitched under a couch and then they couldn't jump on me...not exactly what I was expecting but I guess it works.

Last edited:

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah...seems like a cool idea but really unfinished/tested maybe? I found a keycard as well but couldn't pick it up. Think you can keep saving/reloading to farm healing stuff too, as I think it respawns every time you reload. Is it even possible to win or unlock all the doors somehow? Without a map it's difficult for me to explain which card I'm talking about, but it's in one of the smaller rooms with desks and pillars in the middle of the room.
Yes it's possible to win the game. Keep collecting keycards and gasoline, put gasoline in generator, collect more keycards and gas, press red button, enter tunnel that leads from courtyard, put fuel in generator, win. If you can't pick things up then you're kind of screwed I guess.

Jump and hiding seem to be pretty pointless too, I thought there'd be some way to use them to escape once you're found out, but the only way I've evaded being hunted so far is entering a new area. Woulda been cool if you could jump over furniture to gain some distance on them and once they lose sight of you, they start backing down. I mean I kinda glitched under a couch and then they couldn't jump on me...not exactly what I was expecting but I guess it works.
It's a stealth game. You can sometimes shake them by turning corners but in general you should rely on either sneaking or running while the enemy is out of detection range. And yeah, jumping is plain pointless.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes it's possible to win the game. Keep collecting keycards and gasoline, put gasoline in generator, collect more keycards and gas, press red button, enter tunnel that leads from courtyard, put fuel in generator, win. If you can't pick things up then you're kind of screwed I guess.
Yeah... Not even a pickup/interact icon in the bottom left like when you get near potions or doors.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah... Not even a pickup/interact icon in the bottom left like when you get near potions or doors.
I believe you have the wrong keycard, a bit surprised you even found that one at that point.
Judging by the lighting, you haven't turned on the generator yet, the initial keycard is next to the generator.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That was the first one you can come to I believe, it's pretty close to the start.

Also I've never tried uncensoring before, but so far I've managed to remove the censor, but it turns her crotch pink. I think there's a mesh or something else I also have to find/remove? Been skimming through all the assets to try to find stuff, nothing striking I can find for it, hope it isn't an unnamed asset or this is impossible. If there is something else, it isn't as obviously named as the censor. Hope something doesn't need to be edited instead of just removed, I dunno if I can even edit this shiz.

Edit:

Managed to "remove" the censor in two different ways, but still get the pink crotch. I'm starting to worry the censor might be built into the crotch, in which case, not looking good for uncensor. Wish I could view the objects...

Last edited:

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That was the first one you can come to I believe, it's pretty close to the start.

Also I've never tried uncensoring before, but so far I've managed to remove the censor, but it turns her crotch pink. I think there's a mesh or something else I also have to find/remove? Been skimming through all the assets to try to find stuff, nothing striking I can find for it, hope it isn't an unnamed asset or this is impossible. If there is something else, it isn't as obviously named as the censor. Hope something doesn't need to be edited instead of just removed, I dunno if I can even edit this shiz.

Edit:

Managed to "remove" the censor in two different ways, but still get the pink crotch. I'm starting to worry the censor might be built into the crotch, in which case, not looking good for uncensor. Wish I could view the objects...
How did you go about that? I'd be happy even just removing the pixelation

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How did you go about that? I'd be happy even just removing the pixelation
Uhhh...I can't recommend it, lol. It breaks the dicks and vagina worse than the censors do. Deleted "Mosaicensor" or whatever in shared assets 0 using Unity Assets Bundle Extractor. It's also tied into one of the shaders with the id: 199 in the same shared assets (If you delete that, it also pinks genitals out in a similar fashion). Interesting that the fly's dick is uncensored before it's fully erect in the main game, then it censors. When you remove the file you can see it go from visible, to slowly being enveloped by the pink censor (Like in the image). I can't find what else they're connected to, the penis might be connected to 197, but that's huge and connected to like everything, removing that makes the game unplayable.

On the plus side, since removing it fucks with the fly's dick as well, and I managed to completely remove the fly's dick by messing with stuff (Though the censor still shows up), at least there's a chance there's still a way to uncensor the pussy. Atm all I can really do is delete shit that sounds fishy and see what happens when I boot up the game. Not too fun... There's a lot of unnamed stuff and I don't even know if it's possible for it to be in the other shared asset files, I skimmed them and didn't find anything but dick mosaics (Which I still haven't fucked with since I was focusing on the pussy).

Last edited:

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Uhhh...I can't recommend it, lol. It breaks the dicks and vagina worse than the censors do. Deleted "Mosaicensor" or whatever in shared assets 0 using Unity Assets Bundle Extractor. It's also tied into one of the shaders with the id: 199 in the same shared assets (If you delete that, it also pinks genitals out in a similar fashion). Interesting that the fly's dick is uncensored before it's fully erect in the main game, then it censors. When you remove the file you can see it go from visible, to slowly being enveloped by the pink censor (Like in the image). I can't find what else they're connected to, the penis might be connected to 197, but that's huge and connected to like everything, removing that makes the game unplayable.

On the plus side, since removing it fucks with the fly's dick as well, and I managed to completely remove the fly's dick by messing with stuff (Though the censor still shows up), at least there's a chance there's still a way to uncensor the pussy.
Dang, that's a shame. Thanks anyway <3 :(

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, if there is a fix for it, none of the tutorials/info I can find about this is helping, it's already more complex than stuff I could find. Been messing with it for hours, I'ma just assume it's fucked or too complicated without more knowledge of how all this works. Probably the censor is built in and this would require remodeling or whatever. If it's impossible, I'd appreciate if somebody would tell me so I can stop wasting my time here.

Edit:

Oh hey, this time I made her crotch pitch black. Is this progress?

Last edited:

CreamDonut

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

finished the game, yep only 2 bugs with 2 animations each, no surprise at the end. with all those h games that have horrible controls and clunky animations at least this one is fluid real pity it lacks content, that lab is huge and could have had so much more in it not to mention it has no play room/gallery after you finish the game (i finished it on hard).

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You just can't win can you? Hentai games are cursed.

Yeah, I really like everything about this except the lack of content, and imo, poor graphics - the walls and environment lack texture and lighting. The fact you can't detach the camera also... "bugs" me eheheh i'm here all week.

also her fucking eyes are the brightest thing in the game

Sounds like the dev does plan on adding at least one new enemy, and particle effects
(Google translate)

The comment was seen from the management screen. I noticed it now.
If I reply about half and do not quote it I notice which comment does not know which reply ....

■ Schedule
· Since I filed an application for renewal Ver.1.02 after a while sleeping, I want to take a breath for a while
 (+ some motivation is given to someone who gave me a waste of motivation)
 But I'm just a little energetic with this comment became. Thank you very much.

Draft (undecided): From top to bottom
Implementation easiness order · Toggle type running & squatting command
· Birth loop after game over: Requires 4 new motion types (2 heroines and 1 insect each)
· New area & New insect Addition: If you sell more (fastball)
· I forgot it now something I forgot

■ History
Ver.1.02 (pending)
· Mouse sensitivity · Camera
operation improvement: Implemented · Juice splash expression: Particle (Shuriken): Pre
- mounted Facility information display board addition: text mesh: mounted already
added ... item

acquisition trouble correction
, number of light sources reduced Ver.1.01a · Graphics quality change: Implemented (DLsite version will be updated at Ver.1.02)

Last edited:

whitesin75

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hopefully, this dev plans to pander on different fetishes in his later work. Insects just ain't my cup of tea.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Sounds like the dev does plan on adding at least one new enemy, and particle effects
Looks like v1.02 (still pending on dlsite) improves lighting at high graphics settings (I think),
as well as some splash/water particles during sex,
and mouse control (right-click+drag, right-click+scroll, right-click+left-click)
It also adds japanese signs pointing to various locations,
as well as a big "NEXT AREA" at the boundary to where you need to go to progress.
There's also a v1.04 coming that adds more water particles on birthing,
a way to toggle run/crouch mode, and some minor fixes.

My interpretation of the other bits is that the author is taking a break from updating for a bit.
Originally it said something I interpreted as "if this sells well, I might add another enemy", though the page is phrased differently now.

My reading: They're planning an eventual 1.10 / 1.20 update, depending on content added.
Elements they're considering to add (won't happen in this order, some may not happen at all):
- a 3P move where two insects gang up on you at once
- another 2 positions for the heroine (though there won't be enemy-specific positions)
- if possible, another position [not sure if this refers to bugs, heroine, or what]
- Putting a birthing loop into the gameover screen
- Adding a new area with a new insect enemy

As for the hopes on a future non-insect game, well...
If I found the right ,
insects definitely seem to be their main squeeze,
though there is some occasional tentacle/pokemon stuff in there, so maybe there's hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.