Gordon (Sponge)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Gordon (Sponge)

The satyr's scratched their heads and looked from one to another. The first male to have spoken, Johnny Blackhorn, was the first to speak.

"Aye, that'd be the Lycans. Lycanthropes. Werewolves... whatever you wish to call 'em, they're big, powerful, and they like to either spread their disease on to others during a full moon or eat any unwary passerby. They can't help themselves when the hunger comes upon them. Nor can they resist their urge to breed during the half moons, when the rut enters their minds. Those that are bitten when the moon is full risk becoming one of them, and no matter how good a person you once were, you'll not be able to resist the hunger."

The satyrs and dryads nodded.

One of the dryads spoke up. Her voice was melodious and as calming as a summer breeze. "They were all but extinct before the dark days began many months ago. Like a plague with many symptoms, evils of all sorts began to show up. Every night the mists haunt the woods, and Lycans prowl. Troglodytes surface in the swamps, led by their shamans. And at the heart of all is a malevolence that we have yet to see, but we can feel it lurking. It was all that we could do to work our magics and close off our grove to weather the tide of evil. We do not have the strength to overcome it by ourselves. But any enemy of the dark is welcome here. You both are welcome to stay as long as you need."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(sorry my heads in a blah moment)

Now we're getting somewhere! Finally some answers and clues!
"What are these Trog things? Are they a stronger version of the werewolves? And what Shamans are you talking about? You need to tell me ALL you know about this. Me and Deana actually come from the town where this fog seems to be the thickest. We are trying to find a way to lift this stuff, and all the guys seem to be vanishing, only woman are left behind. I have sources saying that the cause is INSIDE the village. Do you know if this is true? And as much as I appreciate your offer, this is why we can't stay. We nee-"
Then a sudden dreaded thought occurred to him. No, two dreaded thoughts.
"What I'm about to ask is very important. There is a girl, Alicia. She has eyes, just like those lycans. But she seems to be human. Is it possible for a person to be partially infected and only have certain attributes? Also... I've already been bit. About 3 times, but I feel just fine."

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The dryad listens to his concern but shakes her head calmly, her eyes taking on a sleepy quality.

"I do not know about this Alicia, but it could be a fluke of nature that she shares the eyes of a lycan. Or she may indeed be one, but it would be easy to test, for on any night at will she could turn into a beast, but only on nights with a full moon would she be forced to take the change. If you could somehow bind her securely on a full moon and wait out the night, you would know for certain if she were a Lycan.

"As to the cause of the malevolence, no, the greatest evil is not in the village, but a servant to the evil may reside there, augmenting its power over this area. This is merely conjecture, however. All that is certain are that the trees are being silenced, and many are withering in the north, beyond the swamps. That is where the troglodytes make their home. Reptilian creatures who prefer the dark and the damp, they walk on too legs and carry spears and clubs. They eat human flesh, and their shamans are often twisted creatures of evil intellect who lead the troglodytes on raids and hunting parties. We know of only one human dwelling near there, a lady who keeps to herself, white haired and violet eyed."

Deana raises her head for a moment. "The witch..." she muttered, her eyes trying to focus despite the lust induced glaze that still partially holds her within its grip. She squirms and tightens her muscles around Gordon's softening shaft, still resting inside her warm folds.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

At first, Gordon sighed with relief knowing it wasn't Alicia. But then suddenly he felt his heart fill with dread. What was described wasn't Alicia, but the other one, Lauralie. No.... He felt Deana tighten around him, but that was nothing to the tightness he had felt in his chest. Sliding his cock out from Deana, he put her down gently onto the grass as he looked up in fear at the group.

"I know that woman! She's the one who is tutoring Alicia! What does she do?! Is she controlling the fog?!" Rushing up to the Johnny he desperately shook him. "What are her plans?! Do you know anything at all?! Is she going to hurt Alicia? You have to help me any way you can! I'll do anything if you help me keep her safe!"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Johnny looked bewildered as Gordon shook him. "Ack, I don't know. None of us can be sure, tell him Mercy!"

The dryad who had spoken from her place on the tree branch, whose name was apparently Mercy, spoke again.

"You would be wise to calm yourself, young man, and try to think clearly. Blind reactive panic does not become you. Merely living out by the swamps is not a crime, as far as I understand human laws. Why should you be so concerned over a simple description such as that?"

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Letting out a nervous laugh, he shakes his head. Because nobody else in the world has purple hair and violet eyes! That's pretty damn specific! You literally drew the suspects face!" Stopping for a breather, he did stop to think.
"Your right though... just cause you know of her, doesn't mean she's involved. She could be one keeping it at bay. Or possibly you guys taught her magic before or something. I don't know, but your right. I just got worried that she might.. hurt her. And besides, she's the one who told me somebody in the village was causing this to happen. How stupid could a person be giving a clue to somebody just to expose themselves?! Of course, it could be to clear herself from suspicion so in the process she COULD be getting away with it!" Too many thoughts, sometimes he wish his mind could just keep up with himself. But finally he grabbed his head, took a deep breath, and sat down in the grass next to Deana.
"Ok... let me absorb this. And.. we'll talk about it later. For now, me and Deana need to rest."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deana spoke up, her voice strong despite her exhaustion, "No Gordon, they said she was white haired, not purple like Lauralie. There's a woman, young and beautiful, who comes to the edge of the village on our festival nights, selling potions and charms to any who will wander away from the celebrations long enough to peruse her wares. She is a witch, and we have not ventured into the bogs enough to find her house, but that is who they must be talking about. Lauralie might know more about her in fact, I've long suspected that there was a connection between them, but Lauralie has refused to give us the location of this woman's hiding place."

There was a silence and then Johnny spoke up. "All right, shows over I guess, we'll give you two space to talk things over." He put his arms around the ginger haired satyr and smacked her playfully on her her bare bottom, producing a giggle. "Let's move the party over to the lily patch. I propose that Kylie here get a proper facial before supper."

To this the satyrs all grinned and readily agreed, and they bounded off in search of a place to conduct their orgy, with Kylie grinning from horn to horn. Mercy and her two sister dryads also left them alone, but before she left, Mercy did have one last word for Gordon however.

"Jasamine seems to have withdrawn into her tree. She is a sensitive soul, but a bit rash, due to her satyr heritage. It is difficult for her, as I and her other two sisters are from a human father. Wizards, to be precise. If you wish to learn some of the spells from our grove, we are happy to teach you, since you have the gift of magic, but please do us the favor of comforting our sister first."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Glancing back at Deana, he nodded. For the first time since this trip he was able to finally grab a hold of himself before he did something stupid. Again, he looked over detail that was vital. Still, the fact the woman possibly knew where the witch was...

He glanced up, listening to Mercy intently. She was right, he did owe Jasmine an apology for what he said and did. "Ok, I'll go do that right away. Again, thank you for protecting us." Grabbing Deana's hand in his with a soft grip, he headed out towards Jasmine's tree.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jasamine's tree stands near the center of the grove. It has white flowers on it, but the buds are all closed, refusing to bloom. The tree seems drooping and sad, which doesn't surprise Gordon given that he knows the state of the dryad inhabiting it.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pulling Deana along, he glanced back at her, blushing and realizing they were both naked still. But he shook his head and kept his face forward to the tree. Taking a seat down next to it, he softly knocked on the trunk.
"Hey um... Jasmine? I wanted to apologize for what I did earlier. You opened up the grove for us.... twice for me in fact to give us protection. But instead I yelled and insulted your culture. I'm sorry. I didn't want to be one of those things out there, and you saved me. I should of showed more gratitude.

He glanced over at Deana, the same look of shame and regret. "And.. I'm sorry for running away from you. I didn't know what to do, I panicked. I wasn't scared of you, but I was pretty nervous. And you were getting so lustful I just.. freaked out and ran. I didn't want to take advantage of the state you were in and just use that as an excuse to get in your pants. But then when I came back and talked to Jasmine, she made me realize there was no other way, and I didn't like the idea of some random Saytr helping you instead of somebody you knew."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deana followed hesitantly, but did not offer any physical resistance, and bowed her head as Gordon offered his apologies not only to her but to the dryad. Sighing and finally having the self control to cover herself, she bowed her head.

"I wasn't in control of myself. You were attempting to uphold my honor as much as your own. Anything I might have said... it wasn't really me, not really. So..." Deana looks away and coughs, her demeanor turning slowly back into the more assertive, tomboyish huntress she had been prior to falling under the influence of the lilies. "Don't beat yourself up over it. I don't blame you. I don't really blame anyone. Both you and the satyr helped me. So... thank you."

After Deana had said this, slowly a pair of curved horns appeared out of the tree trunk, followed by the green hair and lighter olive colored face of the dryad. Her eyes looked puffy and bleary.

"You were mean. You said hurtful things and you spat at the flowers. My sister Mercy says I should consider your own customs too, but that doesn't mean you should be so quick to blame..." She pulled herself out of her tree, and he saw that she was clothed in what appeared to be a dress of leaves and ivy, covering up the nudity that had so shocked him when they first met.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gordon smiles with visible relief, nodding to Deana's statement. She had understood perfectly what his true intentions were. Any sense of guilt was finally lifted off of his shoulders from her words, and he was glad to be on good terms with her again. He didn't want her to hate him over some stupid misunderstanding, like it usually ended up being in real life. Oh yeah, this is a game. A+ on immersion. Hell it's a perfect 11/10.

But now the other half of his guilt still lied on his shoulders, as he heard the soft tender voice of the Dryad woman. She revealed herself, and he was surprised to see her in cloths. That of course reminded him of his own lack of clothing though. The Dryad spoke, and he nodded intently listening to her words.
"I know I did. I'm sorry. I shouldn't of done any of that. Right after you ran away I regretted everything I said. You took us in from the danger and kept us safe, and I only yelled at you. Saved me twice in fact. Any way I can make up for this? I'll spend a while planting new flowers if you want." He gives a soft smile. He glanced down at his arm, a thought still plaguing his mind.
"Um, one more thing. I was bitten three times by those wolves. Am I going to be ok?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jasamine brushed her hair idly and laid her head against the tree branch. "I suppose I can forgive you. And no, the satyrs will handle the flowers. If you really wanted to plant something... hmm, no. Maybe later, once we're both in a better state of mind, we can discuss tree planting."

Jasamine then stopped and peered at Gordon's shoulder and neck where he'd been bitten. "Those are fresh, and they happened under the sun. By the size of the bites, I'd say the Lycans were in their human forms as well. You're lucky then, as it's very hard to transmit the disease in those conditions, and we can treat them now, just to be sure. Come closer."

Jasamine beckoned him, and when he came close, she lay her hands upon him and he sensed some magical essence, suffused with the power of nature that radiated from the dryad's tree, coalesce around her and channel into his body. After about ten seconds of silence, she withdrew her hands, and the wounds had knitted shut.

"Nature's gifts are bountiful," the dryad said, smiling sadly. "The spell strengthens and speeds your natural healing qualities."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(hm.. not really sure where to go from here.)

Closing his eyes, he felt the warmth radiate from Jasmine's hands. His skin began to meld and heal, letting out a relieved breath of air from his lungs as she explained he would be fine.

"Thank you. Now, do you wish for us to leave from your grove?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No," she said, pulling back to the tree. "I won't ask you to stay or to go, but you may stay here if you wish. If you wish to study from one of our scrolls, you may, but if you do, you will need to return here within the next week. Our grove trades magical secrets and favors, and we can't just give away our knowledge for free. You will owe the dryads a favor, and we will decide what we want from you when next you come here. If that is all right, then I will show you to our place for study, if it is not, then you may go from here free of any obligation, save that you promise to do these woods no harm."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gordon had a slight idea what one of the 'favors' would be. But he really had no choice. As he was, he was useless without any spells. He had been constantly offered the opportunity and threw it away all the time, so if he didn't take it now he might not get another chance. He was lucky the Dryad was even tolerating his presence.

He nodded, giving a smile. "Yes, I'd like to learn from your scrolls. And in return I'll do whatever you guys need. And I suppose we could really use the rest." Glancing over at Deana, he blushed at her naked figure.
"What do you think? Do we have time to take a break? Because in our current condition if we went out to fight we most likely would be beaten down quickly."
Turning his attention back to Jasmine, he gave a affirmative nod. "And I promise never to hurt the groves again."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jasamine nodded. "Deana you can come with me while Gordon studies. We'll have the satyr's gather you clothes. I'm afraid they're scattered across a large part of the grove. You were quite liberal with your undressing, earlier. In the meantime..."

Jasamine raised her arm and ivy from around her tree slithered out and coiled up and around Deana's legs. Some of it traveled all the way up to her bust where it wrapped around her breast several times, covering up her nipples with well placed leaves. Likewise her lower half was covered by a mass of wrapped ivy, making her appear to have a bikini made entirely of ivy leaves. Gordon found that it made Deana look quite appealing, very much a vision of Eve from the old biblical stories.

"Gordon, your robes are where you left them. I trust you'll find them. When you're ready, the Grove lies just fifty paces in that direction, beyond those tall bushes."

With that, Jasamine led Deana off, leaving Gordon to hike back to the place where he had lain with Deana, then dress himself, and then return to the center of the grove. There he met Mercy again, holding in her lap several scrolls.

"Jasamine has agreed to trade you access to a scroll for a favor to the dryads of this grove. If you accept, you may learn from one of three scrolls. These are basic elemental spells, though we do not keep or teach the element of fire here. You may learn the basic spells of wind, water, or earth, however.

"Wind is an element of speed and movement. You can learn Gust, which can push opponents away, and you can also learn Levitate, which is a limited flight spell. At later levels, the Wind element lets you Fly, summon Sylphs, cut your opponents with solid air, create storms and even create lightning.

"Water is an element of purity, life, yet in its ice form can also bring winter. You can learn Heal, which will restore vitality in a fight, and you can learn Frost, which will harm enemies with a chance of slowing them. At later levels, the Water element will let you breath underwater, summon water to wash away and drown your foes, summon Naiads, form stronger ice attacks, and even allow for ressurection.

"Earth is an element of stamina, growth, strength and durability. You can learn Vinelash, which will summon a weak vine to strike and entangle your opponents, and you can learn Protect, which will strengthen your body with temporary stamina. Later you will learn to armor yourself with natural rock, summon thorns, summon Dryads, cause earth tremors and quakes, and even gain the power to petrify flesh, or animate stone."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Immediately after Jasmine said so, he ran for his clothes, growing quite embarrassed as he had grown hard again in front of Deana and Jasmine while looking at both their naked figures. He'd be able to at least keep his modesty. Indeed, like she said he found his equipment at the tree all lying in a pile. Back then he had thrown them on the floor, so they weren't exactly in mint condition, he hoped nothing got a grass stain. Picking up his staff he donned his cloak and essentials. Taking a step back to his destination, he stepped into something sticky and warm. Looking down he could tell it was the remains of his blissful encounter with Deana. Blushing slightly he wiped his foot on the grass and returned.

Coming back, he only met Mercy, who seemed to be holding a couple of scrolls. She explained the situation to him, and he realized this would be quite a big decision.
Shoot, I don't know what I want. I've always been about speed and agility, so air makes the most sense. But now that I've been encountering people I don't exactly... wish to lose. That made it easy after he thought about it.
"I'll choose water. It seems to be the most balanced as well, having the ability to heal and cleanse inflictions but also giving a bit of variety in offensive powers."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mercy smiled and nodded.

"If balance is what you seek, then you have chosen wisely, for of all the elements, water is most known for its adaptability. It does not contain the raw power of fire, or the strength of earth, nor does it have the speed of air, but its calm serenity can be a boon in times of calamity, and in its depths there is a power as great as any other. Read this scroll, and learn some of its secrets."

She handed Gordon the scroll, and gestured to an old gnarled tree, which had a large root rising up out of the soil, at the perfect height for sitting, and a sunbeam was perfectly situated to shine there, giving him light to read the scroll.

Reading and practicing for a couple hours, Gordon learns his first two spells.

---------------
Gordon learned Heal (Cost 1MP, range: touch or self, heals 1d3 FP)
Gordon learned Frost (Cost 1MP, range: 20 yards, type: bolt, deals normal damage, but if the attack roll is greater than the defense roll by 5 or more, it will provide a 1d6 penalty to opponent's attack rolls for the next 2 rounds.)
---------------

After he was satisfied with his studies, Gordon realized he was quite hungry, and it seemed to be getting on well into the afternoon - he hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch yet.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(YAY! Humorous training session ahoy!)

Nodding eagerly at her comment, he shouted. "Exactly! Balance is the best thing to do. Despite that you might not be the best in one specific expertise, balance allows you to have equally good chance to overcome any situation, rather then excel in one situation and fail miserably in another." Snatching the scroll quickly, he begins to run off before he stops in mid run. Dashing back to Mercy he shakes her hand with gratitude and an polite bow and then proceeds to run to his destination. He had been so caught up in the excitement he had almost forgot to thank her and be respectful.

A couple minutes later in the grove.
Sitting on a stump, Gordon was reading the scroll thoroughly, even to the point he caught a couple spelling errors every once in a while in the description of the spell, like the following sentence he came across... As a healer, it's importent not only keep your allies in good condition, but yourself as well. Be smart, you can't heal your friends if your dead yourself.
But as long as he understood what it meant then it was perfectly fine. Gordon glanced up from the scroll at the nearby pond. "That should be a good way to practice."
Concentrating on the water, and following the instructions carefully, he was able to draw some of the water from the pond, forming it into a quivering sphere of liquid as it hovered in the air. Then, he tried to apply the ice. At first, nothing seemed to happen. But then a faint crackle of what would be similar to a person stepping on a frozen pond that had been thinning, it started to become solid. The surface was freezing over, and he watched as the light shown brightly off the frozen edges.
"I did it!" He declared proudly. At that moment of losing concentration though, the sphere fell down and hit the floor, cracking open to reveal that all the water inside the sphere wasn't exactly frozen quite yet, and the resulting sudden impact splashed freezing cold water all over Gordon. "D-d-d-d-damnit.".......

Later...

The ball of ice hovered in front of him slowly, and he let it drop to the floor. Upon impact, the sphere made a loud thud, followed by a cracking sound. The ice sphere remained intact, but there was a large line snaking it's way through the crystal surface. "Well I'm still getting the hang of it, and ice does break." He was now satisfied with his work. Stomach grumbling, it became evident another part of him wasn't quite satisfied and needed to be satiated soon.
Returning to Mercy, he handed the scroll over. "Again, thank you. Um.. where's Deana been? And I have to mention I'm getting pretty hungry." He added, but in a humble manner instead of a complaint.