What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I absolutely adore TWEWY and I would probably kill for a sequel.
That said, you can usually just mash left/right while barely looking at the top screen and still get fairly favourable results.
And whatever you do, don't make the same mistake Oni did. You'll be needing those extra pin slots.
I think I'll just do that.
When I tried testing letting Otto do the work, I did a lot worse.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

SirOni, how did you survive through this game?
Letting Otto fight, the bar got to the bottom screen, where Neku had taken no damage.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Level up your pins and generally stop sucking. That's how you get through TWEWY.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Nunu liked that game. Twas fun.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

TWEWY is the shit, man.

However, to survive the harder difficulties, you have to master using the green orb and learn to keep a few eyes on the top screen to match stuff up and build up for a special. You actually have to pay less attention to Neku after awhile because you can make him dash around so easily.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, Castlevaina LOS' DLC was a bust. Playing as laura was kinda fun, but that's about it. The Forgotten One is a motherfuckingmotherfucker of a boss, and while I can understand this kind of backlash after people complained about the final boss fight being retardedly gimmicky (CANT CROSS THAT LINE ON THE GROUND UNLESS YOU'RE USING THE RIGHT MAGIC DURRR), not only does he have a shockwave (old hat mercury system, old hat) on EVERY attack, but you have to aim for specific sections of his body to do damage. Child's play you say, well the last section is his head, so if you don't do your double jump just right, all your attacks are going to miss. Oh and did I forget to mention that he gets a giant ass speed boost for the last part of the fight?

But you know what? The bosses design isn't the real problem here. It's the combat system, which would work awesome with a few very important tweaks.

Invinviblity frames during a dodge would be a lifesaver, especially when the camera's having an epileptic seizure and you end up having no controll over where you're dodging to.

Air controll. If you're going to make enemies that I specifically have to attack during jumps, give me some goddamned air controll. Even the slightest improvement, like say, giving me the ability to re-direct myself at the moment I perform the second jump (for christ's sake you've given me wings to justify the second jump, you're telling me I can't choose where I'm headed?) would end alot of my headaches instantly.

Gabriel performs alot of actions slowly, because he's weighed down by armor of course. So how come enemies 2x to 3x his size wearing a shit-ton of armor are FASTER than him? This is a design decision, but come the fuck on, you don't go to a professional drag race with a stock minivan (or maybe you do? IDK).

And finally, guard cancels. I don't give a FUCK what action I'm doing, when I hit the guard button (no not a complex goddamn combo of buttons, just the guard button) I better guard. This is only logical, you don't keep swinging your whip wildly untill the combo's finished, when somebody's about to shove a hammer in your face. You say fuck the combo, I'm going to put my hands up.

I realize these are all concessions that make the game easier. But to be honest I shouldn't have to be a master of the combat system to have fun with a game. I suck, I mean I absoloutley, unequevically suck at DMC's combat, but I'm still able to have fun in fights.

In closing I'd like to say that I do really like this game, it's just a shame that they decided to make the combat so unforgiving. And to be honest, it's the best castlevania on a console since SOTN.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Alright, finally started battling with Joshua now.
I prefer his battling style, especially the map. Shiki's was too randomized, so you didn't know what you were looking for and much less where the symbols will be. At least, with Joshua's, you know what you're looking for.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Psh, Joshua isn't properly good until he gets the
Jesus Beams
. At which point, you'll never want to use any other companions.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Finally got through Skylander's storyline today and beat the final encounter. Geeze, the difficulty sure ramps up during the later stages, as demonstrated by the following quotes during gameplay:

Stage 1: "Ohey, this isn't so bad. Kinda like normal Spyro with a much bigger cast :D"

Stage 20: "Well that's the end of the story it seems, time to take the final boss on. Well cept for a few rough spots and tricky encounters that wasn't so hard..."

Stage 21 (aka before final boss): "WTF!!! What is this, I Wanna Be the Skylander?!?"

Either way, if you like Gauntlet style puzzlesolving and don't mind the costs involved with a collector-style game, I recommends it.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Holy fuckballs this looks hot.

Nation Red:

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Do you like the NES?

You'll love this.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I think... I think I've found my champion in LoL.

Sure, I forsee her being OP initially, since I'll bet you they'll make her 'E' work with ANY frost-like effect (Ashe, Nunu, Anivia... Rylai's, Frozen Mallet.....), and I also forsee her being nerfed to fuck in the first patch after she comes out and then onward, but, damn, I FUCKING LOVE THIS CHAMPION.

And now for something completely different:
..... Fuck you, Beast Rider. I mean, I was told you were going to be bad, but I knew people that at least had fun playing you as opposed to X-Blades, but even X-Blades didn't POP SPIKES UP FROM NOWHERE THAT IMPALED THE AIR NEXT TO ME TO TAKE AWAY HALF MY HEALTH. And I'm not even going to start on the rock-summoning fuckers. Just.... Fuck you, Beast Rider. You and your damn shitty hit-boxes.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Should explain why they are so energetic and the......nymphs........

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Bear in mind that unlike Shiki, youll want items that INCREASE the length of Joshua's combos, not shorten them. The longer his combo is, the nastier the final hit will be.
Oh thanks! :O
That totally slipped my mind!

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So Ubisoft have found new depths of retardation. The latest installment in the Anno series comes with DRM that has a 3-installation limit - and detects hardware changes and counts them as seperate activations.
What? Holy shit. I'm already pissed that I can't have separate profiles for my mother and me ON THE SAME COMPUTER and that I constantly have to log back in due to their stupid as shit system, but that really takes the cake. I guess they didn't look at how much this shit damaged Spore, which was one of the most pirated games of its year (I'd check wikipedia for confirmation, but they're down right now).

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

What? Holy shit. I'm already pissed that I can't have separate profiles for my mother and me ON THE SAME COMPUTER and that I constantly have to log back in due to their stupid as shit system, but that really takes the cake. I guess they didn't look at how much this shit damaged Spore, which was one of the most pirated games of its year (I'd check wikipedia for confirmation, but they're down right now).
Now see, its shit like that is the only reason i have ever actually pirated before. Ive always bought most of my shit if its clearly possible with little to no hassle, but its crap like this that drives me to.

update: on another note, im not surprised by Ubisofts hardcore drm as of late. one Reason the newest Ghost Recon games didnt come out, then only came out but for free with elss content, is because ubisoft came out and accused the internet of being 90% Pirating only. After enough gamers probably raged at them a bit and enough people felt fairly offended, ubisoft said it would actually go back to selling Ghost recon, but a couple weeks after its console releases.

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

So yeah. Duke Nukem Forever either has no dedicated servers for PC, or if they do, they suck balls. And, as is the nature of these things, player-hosted games are lagfests that, if I want to be able to play at all, I shall have to get a shitty computer, use a 56k modem, and play Halo on Blood Gulch to regain my skills at playing in a lag-fest.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Single player was worth at least 2.50 of the 5 bucks I spent on the game, though. So there's that. =/

Cyniquity

Reputation score

Now see, its shit like that is the only reason i have ever actually pirated before. Ive always bought most of my shit if its clearly possible with little to no hassle, but its crap like this that drives me to.
I hate this argument traditionally, but it's more or less true. Games with this kind of DRM aren't worth purchasing. It's especially insulting as someone who usually buys games to get the game with DRM only to have the DRM cracked and bypassed a week later. At that point, it no longer affects pirates at all.

It's really disappointing that companies use pirates as an excuse to screw over everyone, paying or not. Especially considering that, even in the recession, the entertainment industry did great.

Piracy, really, only largely affects smaller game studios who actually need the money (Which is a shame, honestly) while it's the big companies that can afford to just throw DRM on a game and still sell like hell.

Case in point, I own Spore. I bought it on release. I never used the disc, I pirated it to avoid SecuROM. Still got the unopened case. These people will just never learn.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Being driven to pirate" still gives them further excuses to bring out more shit that makes playing games a hassle for paying customers.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I've never pirated anything.