What's new

Games Discussion Thread

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Speaking of DMC, the last trailer I saw for the next one really disappointed me. The character design specifically. I really don't like the whole "I've got barely any muscle on my body, but because I've got demon blood I'm ungodly strong" thing. Not to mention FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG. The cigarrette that is, I don't like people who can smoke without the consequences that I face from doing so.

I know that alot of people were complaining about the 'pretty boy' look that dante has, but he's kinda been one all along, just older and more muscular. Also, the whole misunderstood teen thing got old in the 90's.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I think the main concern about Dante's new look is mostly the fact that he looks completely different to what he looked like in the previous games. Also, he looks like the dude developing the game.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think the main concern about Dante's new look is mostly the fact that he looks completely different to what he looked like in the previous games. Also, he looks like the dude developing the game.
If I am not mistaken, the new DMC focuses on a completely new protagonist.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

If I am not mistaken, the new DMC focuses on a completely new protagonist.
You are mistaken actually. It is just a younger Dante.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

You are mistaken actually. It is just a younger Dante.
You are mistaken as well.

It's a Dante from an entirely new timeline. Story details leaked and this Dante is half demon and half angel.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, I was just saying what I saw in the trailer. Alternate timeline seems even weirder.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm getting tired of timeline bullshit. If you want to make an alternate storyline. USE A NEW CHARACTER, or fuck, MAKE A NEW WORLD.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm getting tired of timeline bullshit. If you want to make an alternate storyline. USE A NEW CHARACTER, or fuck, MAKE A NEW WORLD.
Then it has nothing to do with the original source material, which has people bitch.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Then it has nothing to do with the original source material, which has people bitch.
I think the point is he wants them to make an entirely new IP, not just use an established one in an "ALTERNATE" timeline/dimension/what-have-you.

ANYWAYS.

Yeah, no, Dante is half demon and half human, so whoever came up with the idea to change that is stupid. Yes, even if it's the creator. IDK. That's what's likeable about him to me. None of this "half of BOTH extremes" bullshit.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think the point is he wants them to make an entirely new IP, not just use an established one in an "ALTERNATE" timeline/dimension/what-have-you.

ANYWAYS.

Yeah, no, Dante is half demon and half human, so whoever came up with the idea to change that is stupid. Yes, even if it's the creator. IDK. That's what's likeable about him to me. None of this "half of BOTH extremes" bullshit.
Exactly.

Sorry my wording didn't state that clearly.

Eye

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

ANYWAYS.

Well then you have the problem of that having less appeal, something Capcom is iffy on after so many experimental games failed on them (Clover games sold incredibly low numbers). Plus, after the giant plot bomb that was Nero simply existing, the series needed a reboot. But hey, that's my two cents. I'm also in the camp that thinks that while DMC had some really awesome cutscenes and a lot of fun self awareness, it had a really boring mythology that was poorly defined. I say give the new guys a chance (plus dat air combat).

Oh, and in other news, Half Life 3:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Dont you mean Half life 2 Epsiode # (I lost count :( )

Celesian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Playing atm:

Final Fantasy XIII and Chrono Trigger

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Protip: Once you've beaten Chrono Trigger, don't think you might get more of the same good stuff out of chrono cross.

I vaguely remember chrono cross, and quite frankly, the only solid thing I do remember about it was that it felt very tedious. Like, put down the controller and never play this game again tedious. And I'm not usually one to stop playing a game before I've beaten it.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

So I've just got this Skyrim game, and I think it might be kinda okay.

That's odd, when I went to post this the first time I said I'd timed out... I mean, I've beaten the game, but the main quest was pretty short, and I can't have done too many sidequests. Hold on, let me check the clock...

WHOOPS

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Has anyone played the newest Harvest Moon game? A Tale of Two Towns?
I'm a big fan of the series, but the latest one I played before this was Harvest Moon DS.
While I like a lot of the new features, the one that REALLY annoys me is that you're only able to plant one plot of seeds per pouch, instead of the nine you were able to do in Harvest Moon DS.

Also, my friend convinced me to buy The World Ends With You. My Amazon gift card was burning in my wallet, and I desperately needed ideas on what to spend it on.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

It's been that way in Harvest Moon for a lot of the games since A Wonderful Life. And no I haven't played the newest one because I don't think it's out in Europe yet though I am a big fan of the series.

rubina123

Reputation score
Most favorite game in 2011

Hello,

PS3 console game is my favorite game in 2011.Which game is yours favorite in 2011.Reply this thread must......................:confused:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Most favorite game in 2011

PS3 console game you say? Yeah, that was a pretty good one. I personally liked my generic brand game number 2 sequel for my currently purchased most recent gen console.

I also like ball-in-a-cup