What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Was I the only one who thought Ranmaru was a girl throughout nearly all of Orochi Warriors?
Well, not warriors orochi; but it took someone telling me when I was playing SW2 and hadn't had much to do with them. At least in SW1 the voice wasn't quite so feminine. But then, they mock temselves for it in two, as there's actually a moment where Magoichi attempts to hit on Ranmaru (and I'm not even talking Empire expansion, where )

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Get Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. NOW! *cha-chik*

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, not warriors orochi; but it took someone telling me when I was playing SW2 and hadn't had much to do with them. At least in SW1 the voice wasn't quite so feminine. But then, they mock temselves for it in two, as there's actually a moment where Magoichi attempts to hit on Ranmaru (and I'm not even talking Empire expansion, where )
Hell, the first time we saw him in SW1, it was like "wait, that's a boy?!?!" (Kind of like Larsa in FFXII). And yes, I have heard Magoichi hitting on him. Hilarious. And I agree. In SW2 and Orochi, you can tell he has a female VA (yet again why I demand better VA's in my games.), but then again, some, if not all of the "common soldiers" that die sound like women when they scream *shakes head* Heck, he goes along with the argument about historical inaccuracy. I remember needing asbestos getting through a few Gamefaqs threads where people were defending Ranmaru's historical accuracy. Of course, Zhang He and Ranmaru are easy to pick on, but look at Cao Pi and Zhen Ji in...5, I think it was. They're very lovey (as loves as they can be, anyway) and if I'm not mistaken, in reality, Cao Pi had her beheaded. Personally, if it makes for a fun game, I'll overlook the inaccuracies. A) It's a f'ing video game, it's supposed to be fun. B)They do provide some true historical information in the archives. C)It causes you to seek out the truth, if you're so inclined, so you learn more. And D) I love F'ing Zhang He's butterfly wings. Who's a pretty princess?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

but look at Cao Pi and Zhen Ji in...5, I think it was.
Oh, I did love their conversations though. They were a a major inspiration to how my evil overlord character and his wife react to each other; although possibly moreso Lady Noh and Nobunaga. (Another Koei similarity, Zhen Ji and Noh; at least until Warriors Orochi)

Mmm... I would love to have a girl I can exchange such barbs with though, and at the same time be having hot raunchy sex. Well, not nessesarily the exact same time, but you know what I mean.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just played the Aliens vs. Predator multiplayer demo, and I'm impressed. I actually enjoyed playing as all three species in the game, and there is an element of fear to even those multiplayer matches. Hearing the steady blip of the motion tracker as aliens creep up on you, then suddenly you can't move... first I thought the game was fucked, until my character looked down to see wrist blades popping out of his chest. Or an alien's tail... depending on who snuck up and killed ya.

For not seeing the campaign, and very few weapons (except all the Aliens... unless they get to spit acid or something in the full game), I think it'll be a rather good game, and a nice new FPS that actually stands aside from the Halo and Call of Duty franchise behemoths.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I did love their conversations though. They were a a major inspiration to how my evil overlord character and his wife react to each other; although possibly moreso Lady Noh and Nobunaga. (Another Koei similarity, Zhen Ji and Noh; at least until Warriors Orochi)

Mmm... I would love to have a girl I can exchange such barbs with though, and at the same time be having hot raunchy sex. Well, not nessesarily the exact same time, but you know what I mean.
Oh, me too. I *love* the two characters as Koei portrays them. I was just using them as another example of historical innacuracy. Noh and Nobs are fun to watch together, too. Though I love Noh and a few of the other characters in the Orochi series.

Best one, though, is DW6. Yue Ying and Zhen Ji. Whooo are those two nasty to one another *laughs* As my friend sums it up nicely:

Ji: "Your husband's bad in bed!"
Ying: "You two are stupid!"
Ji: "Bitch!"
*catfight*

And I dunno, exchanging barbs during sex can be fun, if done right ;)

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Woohoo!

Figured out how to add mods and what-not to Fallout 3. Managed to find the Mod Manager and Script Extender easily enough, and then proceeded to add a couple mods. Now all that's left is to find some good ones that don't unbalance it too hard.

Also have to find some of the more naughty ones :p
Seriously, I've seen 3 different nude body mods, and they all look so damned similar; the only difference is their compatibility with other mods from what I can tell, so I'll just have to find one based on that.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I've had a few issues with EA's upcoming game 'Dante's Inferno.'

But I'd be lying if I didn't say that this commercial is one of the better video game commercials to come out in recent years, mainly because of the good use of an excellent older song.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Maybe this isn't the right place to put this, but we'er.

It would appear I have, since buying it mid-January, managed to single-handedly put Mount&Blade on the <ULMF> Steam groups "Most played" games list, with 45.2 hours, right behind 40K: DoWII (49.9 hours) and TF2 (162.7 hours).

I don't know about you guys, but I consider that an achievement on my part :p

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mount&Blade is a great game. I've played it on and off since before it was in the .4 version, back when the one neutral town where you sold slaves was the only place you could get missions from, and slaughtering a group of bandits or a small army of non-Rhodoks by yourself was still possible. I think my current character has an army of like 120-130, most of which is from reputation for having killed so many Rhodok and Vaegir armies.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

I always play on the Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod. I have a character with about a 110 army on the Laurian side (Nords) and another on the Lion Throne side (Rhodoks). The Lion Throne side character took down one of the Kingdoms by himself, with an army of about 60, by taking over one castle, which turned out to be the easiest to defend in the game, as long as you have powerful melee troops to hold back the guys coming up the ladder, and then me and about 20 guys with Muskets or Calivers shooting them off of the ladder as they come.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

For those who played mass effect 1, read . You'll appreciate it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For those who played mass effect 1, read . You'll appreciate it.
Lol. Udina's still a dick, but that's funny as hell and almost makes me feel bad about letting Anderson punch him out so many times. Almost, since my character never screwed up any of those situations quite as badly. That seems to have Shepherd doing all of the quests the retard way.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, but it's still funny. Also, the last bit about doing all the planet exploration and side quests before going after Saren is true, too.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The day I bought TF2, I stopped giving a shit about new games. I think I've bought two games since I got TF2. Borderlands and Garry's Mod, if that even counts.

With almost 450 hours put into a 20 dollar game, I'd say I've gotten my money's worth. gg to the fags who buy 60 dollar games with 5 hour long campaigns

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

technically i still get better value from 0 dollar games.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

As much as I hate one-word responses, ditto. (…Wait a minute…)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

*Squees happily as she now has a sexy spanish elven assassin in her party, much to the dismay of a certain Grey Warden* Okay, I'm done. Back to regularly scheduled discussions.