What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Sounds like other ftp rpgs I've played.
My only issue with this whole thing is that they announced it 2 days before Open Beta began.
If I had known about this from the start, I wouldn't care. But telling us the game will be 'F2P' from day one, with the only source of revenue being the cash shop, and then coming out 2 days before OBT with 'oh by the way, you have to pay to access any of the story past Act 2'.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Really? I managed it with no real problems first go...
Same here. As long as you have good business sense, which is pretty much the entire game's premise, then you should be fine.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Why is it that I never see anyone on from the Tentacle Battalion in Spiral Knights? Have you all quit or something?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I've mostly quit, but even if I did play, I'd only be able to for 20-30 minutes, since you quickly run out of mist energy.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

You must be dying a lot if you can only play for 20-30 mins on a full mist tank. I can usually go down 8 or 9 levels on a full tank of mist, and I bring a little crystal down just in case, but I rarely need it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Why is it that I never see anyone on from the Tentacle Battalion in Spiral Knights? Have you all quit or something?
I've been bitten by the Minecraft bug since the server has come back on, though I have been meaning to jump on Spiral Knights.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You must be dying a lot if you can only play for 20-30 mins on a full mist tank. I can usually go down 8 or 9 levels on a full tank of mist, and I bring a little crystal down just in case, but I rarely need it.
No, I complete 10 levels in 20-30 minutes. That's why I stopped playing, because I can't play for as long as I'd like.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well the weekend is coming up so if people want I'll jump on some time during Saturday and we can all spelunk together. It'll probably be during the evening for me.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I keep forgetting, to be honest ^^; Between practicing my strategy in Gratuitous Space Battle, a recent update in both Terraria and Iron Grip Warlords, getting close to finishing some crafting projects in TF2, and some annoying sleeping habits, my gaming drive for other game is... random at best.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And because I'm sure Oni's willingly giving me so much energy because he plans on holding my debt against me some day.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

And because I'm sure Oni's willingly giving me so much energy because he plans on holding my debt against me some day.
Hahahaha, nah I'm not. I give it to people because I like to game with others.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Hahahaha, nah I'm not. I give it to people because I like to game with others.
That makes sense.
Quick my deity, while I've got his attention. Go to the docks, there's a boat waiting for you there that will take you away from here. Don't look back, we'll be fine. Don't worry, it's safe, same boat that one lad took some 2000 years ago.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

And by 'my debt' he means 'his (Oni's) cock'.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Finished my first playthrough of InFamous the other day (been busy. Haven't had a chance to blab about it.) I enjoyed it. I'm not much for actiony games like that, but I had fun. There were a few near controller-throwing moments for me, but given that it started you pretty much where you left off if you died, that didn't make it so bad. Still got a few "side questy" stuff to do (getting all the stunts, some of the achievements) that I'm going to go through on this playthrough rather than my evil one (since that requires starting over, heh). I'm honestly curious how bits of the game change when you're playing it evilly.

Liked it enough to probably get InFamous 2 sometime down the road to see how things pan out. And once it drops in price, heh.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

So today on Steam I've bought;

Borderlands GOTY
Oblivion GOTY
Oddworld: Abes Oddysee
Oddworld: Abes Exodus
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Recettear

All costing me a little under £30.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Seeing the massive deal on Borderlands GOTY edition, I had to get it, so yeah. Count me in for some of that action.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Additionally, thanks to the Steam Summer Camp stuff, there's a chance to get even MORE Steampunk-esqe characters. As TF2 and Killing Floor will more then likely be a part of that, plus there's a relatively easy golden ticket for joining the official group, I probably got that bonus content at least :3

E

Exofluke

One of the things Arenanet is trying to do with Guild Wars 2 is bring an artistic approach. The sheer atmosphere of the game is going to feel art-woven and one of the many ways they're doing this is through their cinematics.

There will be lots of them to watch during the game and one example is through dungeon intros:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

In response for Killing Floor not giving me the Flea Circus achievement after TWO completed rounds of Abusement Park, and thus not giving me Steampunk Foster:

"Bug off you wanker."

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Does anyone have Mushihimesama BUG PANIC! For their IPhone? I find it be fun challenging and very addictive. Or other mobile device.