What's new

G Building

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: G Building

Art walks into the cafeteria as the sun continues to set, and walks straight up the the counter.

"We're nearly closed, 'luv," A rough looking, rather large lunch-lady says to Art, her greasy hair tied up in a hair net.

"Yeah, I know. This wont take long," Art says as he quickly scans over whats left of the food. "Hrm...I'll take that, that aaaaand...one of those." He says pointing to random foodstuffs. Taking his food and handing her over his credit card to pay for it and taking his card back once it is paid Art then leaves the cafeteria and heads to the courtyard.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

(People seem generally ready to continue. I'm going straight on to lunch period now. Grace is toying around. If this looks tl;dr to you, the bottom three paragraphs contain the part more relevant to other characters.)
(G Building Rooftop.)

Grace had managed to weasel out of class a few minutes earlier than everyone else, and didn't waste any time on moving swiftly onto G Building. She bounds up the stairs and comes up onto the roof. Closing the door behind her she walks forward and stares upwards into the sky. She should have plenty of time to do this before anyone might wander up.

Grace squinted at the sun, trying to figure out just how this was going to work. She hadn't put much thought into the details of how big this thing would need to be, intending on just winging it. If it didn't work then it didn't work, and she could always try again latter. She looked all around the surrounding country side, beyond the school grounds, up stream and along both walls of the valley, and down past the town and out to sea. Then up to the clouds. She'd been waiting for a day like this, with a nice thin layer of low could to focus her spell on. Even so, she wondered if this was low enough, and suddenly felt like she might be biting off more than she could chew. "Meh, here goes..."

She ran the parameters through her mind first. Casting high and wide. She only wanted a few seconds. The barrier would sit in the lowest layer of clouds above the school, and as wide possible. She'd start it out weak, and see how strong she could get it. The thing she was trying to make a barrier against? Well the Sun of course. Why not. She'd been entertaining this little defiant fantasy for a while now. The valley the school rested in was ideal really. Comparatively, it held a nice amount of ambient mana that suited her spell perfectly. With one last check that no one else could see her, she begins her spell.

She looks down again and closes her eyes, holding her arms outstretched to her sides, palms flat to the ground, and flung her mind out. She seeked out and felt for the mist like energy she was looking for, gradually travelling further out, searching wider and drawing as much as possible from the valley. She wasn't pulling it towards herself. She wasn't experienced enough to hold that much mana inside her. This was where part of the unique Vasser technique came in. She winced at the weight of the mana on her mind, feeling a little queasy for a moment, she shook the feeling off and began to 'weave' the loose mist together. Rapidly mouthing strange words in silence, her hands remaining still, but now glowing quite visibly. The majority of the casting was mental, controlling the flow of magic within her body was more important than any somatic motions. She concentrated intently for several minutes as she carefully prepared her weave. Any significant flaw at this stage would tear her spell apart. Continuing to the next stage, anyone attuned to magic and the flow of mana would instantly notice something very unusual, as the vast portion of the valleys mana begins to rise up and away from the earth. Due to the manner of the spell, trying to locate Grace as the focus would be very difficult. At this point any other mage could easily vandalise her efforts so far and prevent the spell, but she felt that was unlikely to happen. The mana continues to ascend upwards, finally coming to rest in the clouds. Grace let out a sigh for getting this far, and opens her eyes to look up once more. There was still nothing to see of course. Yet. Changing her words grace raises her arms and begins tracing lines with one finger against her view of the clouds, the other hand clenched against her chest. She shapes the weave into the biggest barrier she's ever cast.

Slowly but surely, the barrier forms. While it may be invisible, the effects are plain to see, if not readily explainable. The entire valley darkens, taking on a rather strange light since the sun is still vaguely visible high in the sky, but the surroundings looking as if a rogue eclipse is occurring. Grace grins widely at the sun, glaring directly at it without consequence. Pushing the spell as far as it will go the school darkens to near to night time visibility. It all lasts only some ten seconds, before the barrier begins to fail. "Aww, well that didn't hold too long..." Grace mutters as an irreparable crack shoots across her construct. Before she can even prepare to dispel the barrier herself, it violently breaks open, going all at once. The light suddenly breaks through and everything is back to normal. Grace watches for a while as the invisible glass like shards of her barriers residue break up and fall back down to earth and disappear. None the less, it was a success, and better than she had expected. With zero material components or special preparation too. She reckoned if she had access to her fathers resources she could make it last for weeks. She was happy.

The timing couldn't have been better. Should have been just in time for all the students leaving for lunch break to see. "Time to get some milkshake and look for reactions. I wonder if... woah... I..."

Grace's sentence trails off as a sudden dizziness rushes through her. Her vision blurs, legs buckle, and she goes tumbling over onto the tiled rooftop, unconscious before she hits the floor. Perhaps she over did it after all.

(Feel free to have any character pop up, but there's no special need for an emergency rescue or anything.)

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leo had almost entered the G Building, but stopped to see the darkened school grounds, then watch it return to normal as he blinked. "Che cosa il diavolo?" Leo speaks in Italian as he looks about for the cause of the sudden darkness "This place gets weirder and weirder." he says simply, shaking his head and shoving his hands into his pockets

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho was currently sitting outside, using her lunch break to quell the "I cannot be cooped up indoors for one second longer" that had begun to creep into her brain, especially during the math class that threatned to put her to sleep. As the sky began to darken, she looked up, frowning, since there didn't really appear to be much cloud-cover over the sun. Shading and squinting her eyes, she glances briefly up at it.

Wasn't a call for an eclipse today. Campus would've been buzzing otherwise.

Similar thoughts were running through Ian's mind as well, though it was more hearing others talking about it, given that he'd been in the queue while the darkness was creeping up. And if it was one thing being here had taught him, it was that weirdness was just not worth losing your place in line, unless the weirdness was trying to eat you.

Hope it's not mor'a that. Term's barely started.

His chuckling earned him a few odd looks from the students standing near him, so he cleared his throat, chuckled once more, and fell silent, thinking about what had just happened and if there were a way to explain it.

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

Jackson a had already gotten his food and way sitting down in the corner he had to move to yesterday thinking no one would out right bother him as most of the student body had. Class was pretty much what he thought was going to happen with the start of the year with a recap of what students should have learned last year. The first week of so would be like so he would just have to wait to see anything new... at least in a class he would have to wait.

Jack was unaware of the of the darkening of the sky. That was until a hung number of the students rushing to the windows. The only for him not noticing the darken sky was his sunglasses but after taking them off to see what was going he started to wonder it himself.

An eclipse... odd I didn't hear anything about it.

After the windows brightened the students started to thin until everyone was back in line to get food or eating. He slid sunglasses back on his nose and digs in to the salad he had gotten.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Art had stumbled out of the nurses office, looking worse than he did this morning if that was at all possible, when the 'eclipse' had happened.

"Hrm...That doesn't look right," He muttered to himself as he looked up at the darkened sky that suddenly turned bright again. For the smallest of moments he thought he could make out something shattering, as if a glass barrier had broken above the school. Though he dismissed it as a trick of the light and continued towards the cafeteria, though he made a mental note to ask Maria if she detected anyone using powers later on.

Isabella was in class at the time of the 'eclipse' and as such missed it, however she did hear some students speaking about it as she made her way to the cafeteria and took an interest in it.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stella looks up from her meal, a bowl of some kind of mush as she lowers her sunglasses a little, checking the light, then returning to her food, "None of my concern..." She lowers her mask a little as she continues to eat, this stuff tasted nothing like gray matter, but it had a similar texture, she wondered if she would be able to add the flavor in somehow...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Trixie was in the middle of a class during the reaction. Her eyebrow twitches a bit as she feels.... she's not sure how to word it, but something odd happened. Shrugging it off though, she returns to her class, eventually following the scedule of the day towards the cafeteria.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Having nabbed an apple from the Communal Room that morning, Suzy decided to skip eating a proper lunch, and made her way through the G Building to the stairwell, oblivious to the darkening sky as she climbed up. Upon reaching the roof, she did not notice Grace for a few seconds, instead making her way to the edge of the roof with her iPod, singing quietly. Just before she sat down, she noticed the limp body on the floor.

"Ah, fuck." She muttered, pulling her headphones back down to her neck and jogging over. Grabbing Graces shoulders, she leans down, listening for Graces breathing, before sitting up again, "Hey hey! You gonna get up or am I gonna haveta go get someone to get you away from here?" she calls out to the unconscious girl, shaking her a bit as she lay.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Grace was breathing normally and seemingly unharmed. As Suzy shook her she let out a reassuring groan and moved a little. "Wha--t..." Grace grumbled in reply, in the manner of someone not wanting to get out of bed. After a brief pause she opened her eyes and came to her senses a bit more. Seeing tiles and Suzy's knee, she also noticed the minor pain in her head. She props herself up on one elbow and swept her hair out of her face. "Oh, hi? Uh, I feel fine. I think. I guess must of I tripped on..." She says semi coherently looking towards her feet, "... something... um..."

Grace tests her movement, and then sits up easily, mostly looking just a little dazed. 'Why exactly, am I, on the floor... oh shit. Yeah... That's why...' She thinks to herself, as she finally remembers and realises what happened. "Hey, did you see the sky? What was that?"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Art makes his way into the cafeteria, and looking around briefly he heads for the queue that had formed for lunch.

"J...just something to drink...please," He asks the lunch lady, and with an worried expression she hands him a can. Handing her some money he makes his way to a corner of the room and sits down at a table where he flops forward and rests his head. "Ahhh...much better..." Art says quietly to himself as he rests the cool can against his forehead.

Isabella had joined the queue not long after Art and carefully watched him as he got his drink and moved to his table. After grabbing some lunch she chose a table not too far away from him and took out a sketchbook. She then starts to quickly sketch him, after all its not too often she gets the chance to sketch someone looking as ill as Art.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Given that it's hard to miss Art in the queue, Ian watches him slump into his chair, frowning a bit. He picks his tray up and heads over to where the other boy sits, carefully holding the food away from him, so the smell doesn't make his flu, or whatever it happens to be, worse. "How ya holdin' up there, mate?" Art hears over the caffeteria's din.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Worse than earlier..." Art mutters as he looks up at Ian over his can. "And the nurse hasn't got a clue as to what I have..may have to give my mother a call to see if there's something she can give me.."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian makes something of a sympathetic voice. "Maybe it's that...mad cow or whatevah was goin' around. Swine flu." He chuckles, obviously not being serious. "Hopefully yer mum will have a notion then. But if yer that sick, ya sure ya should be up and about? Ya look like ya might keel over any second. Kin take ya back ta the dorms, if ya want. Get any assignments fer ya, too."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leo had also made his way into the cafeteria, and was observing Art from the queue, before taking a small serving of whatever meats there were and a drink, then walking over and sitting at Art's table. "So. Do you still feel bad, Art?" he asks, opening his drink and taking a sip "If things get out of hand, I can always see about mixing up one of my parent's recipes."

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

(Sorry about not replying earlier, started, then stopped, about 5 times >_>)

Grinning, Suzy replied "Right. Tripped on your own feet maybe? I dunno what happened in the sky, I was inside, though it got darker, I thought it would have just been a cloud or something. Are you sure about being all right? I'm pretty sure being unconscious is a good enough reason to warrant at the very least a visit to the E building to see the nurse?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

((Thats ok. Strangely I haven't been online for the last two days, and when I get on now, I find you only made your post an hour and some ago. Strangely convenient timing.))

Sitting up straight Grace rocked her head side to side a little and tested her arms. "Hmm, well, I definitely feel fine now. But I guess it couldn't hurt to be safe." She says feeling her head for any bumps. Her shoulder hurt more than her head really, so she was guessing she couldn't have hit the ground too hard.

She actually had a good idea of what probably happened now she thought about it. She had still been connected to the barrier when it failed. Normally the small surge of feedback wouldn't be an issue, but a barrier of that size was something entirely different, and she wasn't ready for it. It was a simple oversight, but she suddenly realised how reckless she'd been. Infact, had the barrier not been placed so high, it could have turned out a lot worse for her. It should have been a scary thought, but for some reason Grace found the idea of nearly getting fried exciting in a strange way.

*Hupp!*

Grace climbs to her feet and pats her self down. "I hope I don't have to stay long though. I'm kinda hungry." She says taking a step towards the door. "Oh. My names Grace. I guess I should be grateful you were here to help me up huh." Grace says with a smile, "Thanks... ????"

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"I dont think the nurse would've let me out if I had swine flu..." Art replies to Ian weakly, completely missing the comment being a joke. "And a little excercise may sweat it out...That and the teachers would kill me before this illness does if I miss any classes this year.."

Art looks up at Leo for a moment, narrowing his eyes at his question. "No, I feel in tip-top shape. Of course I'm still ill." Art lets out a sigh. "No offense but I only really trust my mother's medication or something that's been prescribed by a certified doctor."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Suit yourself. But if you ever want some natural remedies, ask." Leo says, then begins tearing into his meal, stopping momentarily "By the way. Did anyone else see the campus go dark?" he asks, then turns to look at Art and then to Ian

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian just chuckles and waves off the statement. "They can't fault ya fer bein' ill. If ya don't think yer up ta it, gimme yer schedule and Ah'll hit yer classes for ya and get yer assignments. If ya pass out, you'll miss 'em anyway."

He lets the two debate herbal remedies, picking a few things off of his plate while they talk. As Leo brings up the sky, he nods. "Yeah, happened ta see it through the windahs. Didn't see what caused it, though. Could'a been a big cloud or, well, didn't think we were scheduled fer an eclipse. Stranger things have happened, though."