Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Fullflap] [RJ134809] Demon's Sperm

The 1.1 version on anime-sharing:

Rosenakahara

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyone know whats different about this version?

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

He fixed a few minor glitches involving invisible ladders and such.
Also his blog says that if you're getting an internal error 31, to delete the data files in the save folder

V1.1 torrent added to the first post

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He fixed a few minor glitches involving invisible ladders and such.
Also his blog says that if you're getting an internal error 31, to delete the data files in the save folder
Yeah I noticed an invisible ladder in one of the stages, think there was only one though, not a big deal, I just climbed it without even thinking about it. When the big new update comes I'll replay it on hardmode~

Conundrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Has anyone beaten a NG+ yet, to see if there's a new ending (or anything else that'd make it worth it)?

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

I've beaten NG+++
There's no alternate ending. Just really go through it if you enjoy the game. The monsters get harder each playthrough, though you get twice as many souls in NG++ to compensate, also you can continue to go through and upgrade your flask through subsequent playthroughs. Mine is at 11 drinks at +9 currently

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The reason why internal error occurs is because the way the engine treats the save file. Engine needs to load save file one by one, if you save it on slot 2 without first a save in slot 1, then the game will error out due to slot 1 not having a save.

No need to delete saves for internal error. You can fix the above example by making a copy of the data2 file, and then renaming the copy to data1. (Though delete saves is probably easier for most)

Conundrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've beaten NG+++
There's no alternate ending. Just really go through it if you enjoy the game. The monsters get harder each playthrough, though you get twice as many souls in NG++ to compensate, also you can continue to go through and upgrade your flask through subsequent playthroughs. Mine is at 11 drinks at +9 currently
Eh, that's a bit of a letdown imho, sure the game is fun enough for one playthrough, but personally, I wouldn't replay it just for the sake of it, I don't think it's interesting enough for that.

Btw, has anyone ever used the Bow or Spear?
All I did was run around with Sword and Shield or Greatsword, didn't see the need to use anything else ever...

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

I ran either SnS/Bow or GS/Bow. The bow is actually incredibly helpful for finding hidden passages, since the arrows will pass through and not stick to the wall. Also helpful in a few spots for getting rid of annoying enemies

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've beaten the first boss (minotaur) almost exclusively using the bow. Hit and run and then dodge with the right timing to avoid the air fall.

Spear has one advantage over sword and shield in that you can continue to attack while holding the guard key at the cost of slightly reduced damage. I didn't get used to the mechanic so didn't really bother working with it. I favour blocking too much to sacrifice it for huge damage with the 2-hander.

Someone on the developer's blog actually beat the game using the bow alone. THAT takes skill.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Spear has one advantage over sword and shield in that you can continue to attack while holding the guard key at the cost of slightly reduced damage. I didn't get used to the mechanic so didn't really bother working with it. I favour blocking too much to sacrifice it for huge damage with the 2-hander.
Like the spear + shield in DS, one of my favorite loadouts. If you get enemies in a line, you can just wreck them, great in tight spaces and really safe because of the range on it (Against those damn exploding enemies). It didn't quite translate as well in 2d, but I don't think that's the devs fault. What woulda helped a bit though is if it had the running leap attack with it from DS, makes you feel like a Spartan.

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Good news is that I'm almost done with DS English translation, but there is also some bad news... figures ;)

First of all, game executable modification is out of the question - it causes application to fail at startup and I can't figure out how to prevent this. That means that creating patch or releasing already translated game is out of the question (unless somebody will tell me how to do this) and the only other solution is to "patch" memory of running game.
Main problem with this is that it's damn slow - patching can take even few minutes! I could probably cut down that time in half, but it would break huge chunks of translation in newer game versions (now only new/changed strings will be in Japanese) and it would be major pain in the ass to update.

Technical problems out of the way I can write about some "logistical" ones.
AFAIK, only dialogs and action popups (i.e. " - Open door") are not translated - edit works, but is quickly reverted back to original - no way around it so far.
Space for every string is limited, so some things look weird or not entirely grammatical, but there's nothing I can do about it - I've tried to make them as clear as possible, but in some cases had to make them at least look original... If you don't know what I mean try fitting "Tiger Hunting Sword" in 6 characters :p.
My favorite problem is that I'm no native English speaker, and to top it off, self-taught, so probably many things are way off.
DirectX screen is above my skills, so I'll be grateful if anyone could help me with that. Original strings below (values in parentheses are char limit; don't know which lines belong to which sentence)
(19) F4を押してフルスクリーンに
(19) 切り替えてください
(20) ↑・↓で画面のズレが
(21) 無くなるよう調節して
( 8) ください
(19) ※安定するまで数秒
(21) かかる場合もあります
(19) 決定ボタンを押して
(12) 設定終了です

EDIT: link to finished translation is HERE

Thank you!

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is the game that difficult to play that others have to resort to translation patches before they can figure out what's going on?!

As requested, here's a (personal and rough) translation of the original lines in Japanese (by the way those are phrases and sentences broken up by the silly numbers):

(19) Pressing F4 allows switching between full-screen and windowed mode. Press the up and down arrow keys where necessary until any pixellations/graphical anomalies no longer show on-screen. Visual stability may require a few seconds to process. Press the confirm button to leave set-up mode.

I'm not going to bother with proof-reading your attachment. Someone who needs it more and is desperate to prove their editing skills is free to do so.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is the game that difficult to play that others have to resort to translation patches before they can figure out what's going on?!
Nope, one of the easiest ACT games released to figure out. I think people are just interested in it for the bit of Demon Soul's related tom foolery that may be hidden away in the few bits of dialogue.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nope, one of the easiest ACT games released to figure out. I think people are just interested in it for the bit of Demon Soul's related tom foolery that may be hidden away in the few bits of dialogue.
I've never played the Dark Souls series so have no idea if what limited dialogue there is makes clever references to the series which inspired this. That said, most of the dialogue is in the animated scenes and the number of lines just about makes double figures so one might be hard pressed to find nuggets from what's available.

piss_taker

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So what does his new blogpost say?

BTW Altair, will you be doing FullFlap's other games as well?

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

A few posts back it says, but he's working on new levels, also there's a v1.1 that fixes a couple glitches

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As requested, here's a (personal and rough) translation of the original lines in Japanese (by the way those are phrases and sentences broken up by the silly numbers):

(19) Pressing F4 allows switching between full-screen and windowed mode. Press the up and down arrow keys where necessary until any pixellations/graphical anomalies no longer show on-screen. Visual stability may require a few seconds to process. Press the confirm button to leave set-up mode.

I'm not going to bother with proof-reading your attachment. Someone who needs it more and is desperate to prove their editing skills is free to do so.
It's not difficult but if it's possible (even in a weird way) and useful to me and maybe someone else, why not? And it's good practice for my computer and English skills.
Those silly numbers are character limits for every line, but knowing true meaning of the whole text will help me pack it up in the available space. Thank you very much.

So what does his new blogpost say?

BTW Altair, will you be doing FullFlap's other games as well?
Not in the nearest future, but with time I'll probably try.

Acac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi, I'm having some trouble with this game. Could someone please tell me how to jump horizontally? Thanks! =)

Nevermind, got it! :D You have to do a simple roll [z].

Last edited: