What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

julyuss

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

I'm having a problem with action game maker games, no matter what game it is it always crash with an error when i'm trying to start it.
I don't understand japanese so I don't know what to do with it. I'm using windows XP SP3.

Attachments

TheBluePylon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ugh, I don't know what to use in terms of translators. Chiitrans 2 allows for a history of translated text so I can just scroll up when need be to find previously translated text but Chiitrans Lite has the whole dictionary add on that defines each individual word that's hovered over. Neither of them have google translate and a few other translators anymore due to changes causing a lack of connection.

I haven't tried VN Reader, is that any better than Chiitrans and has both the features I'm looking for? It's really hard for me to decide on a translation setup that I would enjoy in particular because of the hassles and problems that come with most of them.

What do you people generalize use that works well for you? I mean which translating program and the translators. Some of the translators don't do onomatopoeias well and end up doing literal translations. Some of them are also slow and just have (skip) when the text goes fast.

Last edited:

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I use AGTH to hook the text. If that doesn't work i use ITHVNR.
Did you try Translation Aggregator? Latest version should be 2015, 07,25.

reaper89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

does anyone have a clue why my wolf rpg games wont work? they start and run but flash when i press a button then are unresponsive.

come on some one must know?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

does anyone have a clue why my wolf rpg games wont work? they start and run but flash when i press a button then are unresponsive.

come on some one must know?
Maybe your GFX card is not compatible with it... try running config.exe and disabling hardware acceleration - select option marked on screenshot with red rectangular.

Attachments

reaper89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

just gave it a go and its still doing it. thanks for the reply though.:D

TheBluePylon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I use AGTH to hook the text. If that doesn't work i use ITHVNR.
Did you try Translation Aggregator? Latest version should be 2015, 07,25.
Switched over to Translation Aggregator, its great and solves all the other problems, but I also lose the features that I liked from before. Is there a way to check translated history like with Chiitrans where it can scroll up? I'm assuming that the whole dictionary when highlighting words is completely non existent in Aggregator though.

Overall I think I'll stick with TA, but yeah, I'll miss those features. Especially since sometimes text moves on its own and I won't see the translation because the next line already gets translated.

max7238

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Issue with [RJ139359], called "Succubus Shelly" or 「小悪魔シェリー」

When starting the game, "error: open xd failed" and "error: system initialize failed" appear.

"dx" is a large 800MB file in the "data" folder under the game's directory. Several sources suggest "renaming the folder" but do not give specifics. I have the latest codecs, etc., and my computer is set to JPN locale. Further, the game used to work on my old Windows 7 computer. The only thing I haven't tried is transferring it directly from the old computer, which I can't do because it's straight up burned out. I even downloaded from the exact same source...

Ideas?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

I am having trouble purchasing games from DLsite all of a sudden. I got a replacement credit card and updated my card details on the dlsite, but every time I check out I get the following message after passing my bank's security check:

指定内容に誤りがあります。カード番号、カード有効期限が誤っていないか、ご確認下さい
which roughly translates to

The specified content is incorrect. Card number, card expiration date is either not accidentally, please check
I am certain that I have entered my card details correctly. does anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: after updating my credit card details, do I need to do anything extra during checkout to switch to the new credit card?

Last edited:

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score
(Pregancy Brave) Help Needed please :)

How do i fix this problem for this game. only problem i'm having is this D:

does anyone have this game and know what font i need D:

yes i got the RTP Installed

side from this. the game runs just fine

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: (Pregancy Brave) Help Needed please :)

I'm pretty sure that happens when played in non japanese locale. So switch your locale.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Try installing the Japanese version of RPG Maker XP RTP.
Or check the Game.ini does it say Library=RGSS104J.dll?
If not Change the Library=RGSS102E.dll to Library=RGSS104J.dll? and save.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Try installing the Japanese version of RPG Maker XP RTP.
Or check the Game.ini does it say Library=RGSS104J.dll?
If not Change the Library=RGSS102E.dll to Library=RGSS104J.dll? and save.
its set to it : ) and I am running it in Japanese local ><

i got the japanesse version of XP RTP. i got it from them :)

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, if your using the RPG Maker XP RTP then it should work.
Just make sure the game.ini is set as i said.
And your saying you got it to Japanese Local yet i see ?????
You seem to be running Windows 7 or 8 if im not mistaken so you could try
installing the Hongfire applocal with right click button.

Just read the instructions carefully and it should install correctly
then right click the Game.exe and run with Jap local then report back if it still gives you error.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, if your using the RPG Maker XP RTP then it should work.
Just make sure the game.ini is set as i said.
And your saying you got it to Japanese Local yet i see ?????
You seem to be running Windows 7 or 8 if im not mistaken so you could try
installing the Hongfire applocal with right click button.

Just read the instructions carefully and it should install correctly
then right click the Game.exe and run with Jap local then report back if it still gives you error.
thats what i was using yugitan. i got it from hongfire :) still the problem remained. i tried renameing the game's title to pregnancy brave and still , the title shows up fine but still no text in the text boxes @_@

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thats what i was using yugitan. i got it from hongfire :) still the problem remained. i tried renameing the game's title to pregnancy brave and still , the title shows up fine but still no text in the text boxes @_@
Hmm, not sure if this will work, but try going back to regional and language settings, and instead of changing the locale, change your computer's format to
Japan.

If that doesn't work, link me to where you got it from and I'll download it and see if I have the same problem.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

AFAIK, AppLocale doesn't work with RMXP games - either completely switch system locale to Japanese or use or NTLEA (don't use this one so I'm not sure if it works).
Good luck!

EDIT: if anyone's interested, here's my analysis of RMXP font problems from another thread:
Most notable difference between using English and Japanese dll is language of built-in Options window (one called by F1 key). As for font display, it depends on game (RM version) and used font (also the way it's used).
I speak from my XP experience - don't know VXs that well to comment on that.
If game's script doesn't specify font to use, default font from dll is used. In English dll Arial is specified as default font - has no CJK glyphs, so squares are displayed instead. In Japanese dll, MS ゴシック is specified as default font, but in systems with non-japanese locale and/or regional language settings its other name (MS Gothic) is used - game cannot find MS ゴシック font, so nothing is displayed. Don't know who thought of using different name for Japanese and non-Japanese settings, but IMO he should be hanged, drowned and quartered ;), though it probably is easier to use by Japanese users. IIRC, "Seiren Harp" was made in XP, so you should know what I'm talking about (didn't followed your progress).
It seems that installer does install both English and Japanese versions of dlls - that's what I meant by "contents are the same".

Last edited:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you shared any MEGA links here, you may want to check on them as recent changes to MEGA's url (removal of the co) may have caused some links to become invalid and will need to be replaced

IceTrayQ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having trouble with ATLAS v14. I have installed it before, but i uninstalled it. I want to reinstall it, but It keeps saying my 30 days is up. I have tried putting the clock back to 2009,2008, and 2007 but none of these will work.

Is it because i'm on windows 10? i feel like thats the major reason.

I have tried cleaning my registry; it does not work.

Any ideas?

SPSTG

Reputation score

Has anyone ever had consistent issues with some music files not playing? Specifically, I'm going through Megrim's latest game RJ149926 and am running Chiitrans with it. I noticed through Chiitrans that the game seemed to be attempting to play some music files but was only hearing silence. I went and looked up the music files themselves and found they play just fine outside of the game, but when the game is running they don't seem to want to play at all.

I've noticed this in other games as well. Some of the audio files will play fine, some will never play at all. It seems to typically be with "custom" MP3 files. I'd chalk it up to a codec issue but the files themselves play just fine when opened on their own, its only in RPGMaker that they will not play. Plenty of other "core" tracks which are standard with RPGMaker play just fine within the game.

I'm set to Japanese Unicode and always play with full Japanese localization. The files all have their original Japanese names as well. Currently running Windows 8. XP, VX and VXAce are all installed. I also checked all my volume settings to make sure nothing was muted and hit F1 in RPGMaker to confirm the "Play BGM" boxes are checked.

Also: I tried converting the mp3 files into .ogg files instead, and put them in the exact same filepath. For some reason they didn't work in that case either.

Last edited: