What's new

Epic Quotes

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Epic Quotes

"I can't stand to see a man with a dry pecker. Can I help you with that?" - Prostitute in Red Dead Redemption

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I love being able to read things like this right before I go to work. Puts on that smile that scares the bosses.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I love being able to read things like this right before I go to work. Puts on that smile that scares the bosses.
Glad to assist dear.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

*bump*

OLD SCHOOL.

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words, but rather short, easy words like, "What about lunch?"”

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”

~ Winnie the Pooh

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

*bump*

Oi, I'm having a bit of a problem. I can't decide which is better:

"Do not mistake continuity for predictability"
OR
"Do not mistake predictability for continuity"

Looking for some opinions here. Do you guys like the first one, the second one, neither? Do either of them actually make sense?

Yeah, random, I know. I have random thoughts.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was thinking about this for a little bit. The message I get is a pretty cool one. Basically no matter how predictable the world may seem, you never really know whats going to happen tomorrow. That makes the world sound kinda exciting with new adventures on the horizons and to always be ready in case anything changes tomorrow.

I have to admit at first I thought I only got that message from one of them but when I thought about it both kinda gave me the same impression. Still, I like "Do not mistake continuity for predictability" better because it highlights how you can't predict what's going to happen tomorrow a bit better. I kinda got the same idea from the other one but it took me more wierd, confusing logic to get there.

Lurker
Reputation score

The first one is a supportive statement, telling people that just because a story goes the way it's supposed to doesn't mean it's wrong. The second is a statement of derision, telling people that a story doesn't always have to take the obvious route. So it really depends on which of the two you're going for. I imagine they both have their uses.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"You had your chance to be afraid before you joined my beloved Corps! But, to guide you back to the true path, I brought this motivational device! Our big green style cannot be defeated!"

"The Chief is gonna jump in this tank, roll across the bridge, and blow up any inhuman son-of-a-bitch dumb enough to get between him and the Prophet of Regret! Pull yourself together, 'cause you're going with him."

"When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!"

"Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!"

---- Sergeant Johnson, the beginning of "Metropolis" on all the different difficulties

"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet! "

---- Also Sergeant Johnson

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards, we regret coming to Earth, and we most definitely regret the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet! "

---- Also Sergeant Johnson
One of my favourite quotes from the entire series.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

One of my favourite quotes from the entire series.
-nods- Same here. That man is a goldmine of great quotes. His Cupid one is definitely my favorite xD

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Johnson does have some good quotes. I've also enjoyed Buck's quotes whilst playing as him in ODST (and his voice in Reach for firefight mode). Ah Nathan Fillion.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

The last I remember I was saving up for Master Chief's voice for Firefight.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It is rather expensive... I might get it eventually, but he never had any really amazing quotes that I can think of. Nice voice though.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah it is, but I've got my Spartan pretty much how I want him now anyway.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I got Buck's, saving up for Cortana's now.

What I'd LIKE to see is Guilty Spark's voice :3

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

HELL. NO. I refuse to listen to that humming any more than I have to.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I wanted to bash him in with a baseball bat against the street.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I was reading somewhere that the guy who voices him also voiced a marine medic. Apparently it's an easter egg somewhere (Halo 3 I think) to find the marine talking just like 343. Now I need to see if I can find that again and share.

Now I can't get that damn humming out of my head...

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anybody notice how the Auntie Dot firefight voice likes to tell you obvious things like:

"Jumping...

Enemy life signs detected...

Enemy life signs disengaged...

Immenent fragmentation..."